Louisville lost 2-1. Box Score
- Henry Rodriguez went 1-4 with a run.
- Neftali Soto went 1-4 with a double and RBI.
- Felix Perez went 1-3.
- Pedro Villarreal allowed 1 earned (2 total) in 6 innings with 5 strikeouts.
- Jose Arredondo threw a hitless inning with 2 walks and a strikeout.
- Chad Reineke threw a shutout inning with a strikeout.
The Bats couldn’t really get their bats going as they were only able to muster three singles (Hamilton, Rodriguez, Perez) and a double (Soto). Neftali Soto has three hits this season (in just 2 games) and they are all doubles. Pedro Villarreal struggled with the big league club in the spring, but he has been strong through two starts so far with the Bats in the regular season despite taking the loss Friday. He has a 2.08 ERA in 13 innings without a walk and with 11 strikeouts. Billy Hamilton singled on a bunt in the 9th inning to break an 0-14 slump that stretched over 4 games.
Pensacola won 1-0, lost 2-1 in a double header.
Game 1: Box Score
- Ryan LaMarre went 1-3 with a HBP.
- Bryson Smith went 1-3.
- Donald Lutz went 1-3 with a double and a run.
- Travis Mattair went 1-3.
- Tucker Barnhart went 2-2 with a walk and an RBI.
- David Vidal went 1-2.
- Tim Crabbe threw 6 shutout innings with 2 walks and 4 strikeouts.
- Curtis Partch struck out the side in a perfect 7th inning for the save.
Game 2: Box Score
- Michael Gilmartin went 1-2 with a walk.
- Steve Selsky went 1-3 with a double and a run.
- Travis Mattair went 1-2 with an RBI.
- Yohan Pino threw 4 shutout innings with 7 strikeouts.
- Drew Hayes threw 2 innings with an unearned run, 2 walks and a strikeout.
Like the entire system it seems, the Blue Wahoos offense is still struggling as they scored 3 total runs in the double header. Fortunately, they had strong pitching that allowed them to split the two games.
Bakersfield won 6-4. Box Score
- Sammy Diaz went 2-4 with a double and 2 runs.
- Ryan Wright went 1-4 with a double.
- Kyle Waldrop went 1-4 with a solo HR (2).
- Juan Duran went 1-4 with a run.
- Yorman Rodriguez went 2-4 with a double, 3 RBI and a run.
- Carlos Gonzalez allowed a run in 2 innings with 2 strikeouts.
- Mike Dennhardt threw a hitless inning with a walk and a strikeout.
- Brooks Pinckard threw a perfect inning with 2 strikeouts.
The Blaze picked up their first win of the season as they moved to 1-8 on the season. The 6 runs scored is only the second time this season they have scored more than 3 runs in a game. On paper, the team shouldn’t be this bad. Hopefully they can get things going and build on this win. The team only walked once in the game and now has just 20 walks in 9 games as a team. The Blaze were down 4-3 before Yorman Rodriguez came to the plate with the bases loaded and cleared them with a double.
Dayton won 8-5. Box Score
- Beau Amaral went 1-3 with a walk and a run.
- Jesse Winker went 1-3 with a walk.
- Seth Mejias-Brean went 1-4 with an RBI, steal and 2 runs.
- Joe Hudson went 1-2 with a double, RBI and a run.
- Humberto Valor went 1-3 with a 2-run HR (1).
- Ismael Guillon allowed 2 earned in 4 innings with 2 walks and 7 strikeouts.
- Wandy Peralta threw 2 shutout innings with 2 walks.
- Tony Amezcua allowed 1 earned in 2 innings with a walk and a strikeout.
For the first time all season a game that the Dragons played in had a lead change. After falling down 1-0 in the first, the Dragons took a 3-1 lead. With the game tied in the bottom of the 8th the Dragons put up a 5 spot to take an 8-3 lead and held on for the win. Humberto Valor hit his first home run in 113 games, dating back to when he was 17 and playing in the Venezuelan Summer League. Despite scoring 8 runs, the Dragons had just 5 hits in the game and every player in their lineup except for Valor finished the game hitting .190 or lower. Ismael Guillon had a better go around in his second start as he had just 2 walks and 7 strikeouts in 4 innings. Today there will be a double header. The first game will be available to watch for free at 6:05pm at this link. The second game will not be aired, but will be available on Milb.tv.
4/13 Game Preview
|Team||1st half||2nd half||Time||Probable||Box Score||Listen Live||Watch Live|