Louisville lost 9-0. Box Score
- Hernan Iribarren went 2-4. He also threw a shutout inning of relief.
- Felix Perez went 1-4 with a double.
- Neftali Soto went 1-4 with a double.
- Rey Navarro went 1-3.
- Logan Ondrusek (rehab) threw a shutout innings.
- Fabio Castillo allowed 1 earned (2 total) in 2.2 innings with a strikeout.
- Chad Rogers threw a shutout inning.
The game started out well for the Bats pitching staff. Logan Ondrusek began his rehab stint with a shutout first inning of work before handing the ball over to Scott Diamond. His first two innings were of the shutout variety, but things began falling apart in the fourth as he allowed four runs and then in the fifth he was charged with another three runs before all was said and done. Indianapolis would tack on two more runs to make it a 9-0 win. Brandon Phillips began his rehab with Louisville and he went 0-2 with a walk before exiting the game as scheduled.
Pensacola won 8-3. Box Score
- Brodie Greene went 1-3 with a walk, 2 runs and an RBI.
- Kyle Waldrop went 2-4 with a run.
- Travis Mattair went 2-4 with a HR (11) and 4 RBI.
- Juan Silverio went 1-3 with a solo HR (10).
- Seth Mejias-Brean went 0-2 with 2 walks and a run.
- Devin Lohman went 3-4 with a triple, RBI and a run.
- Robert Stephenson allowed a run in 5 innings with 2 walks and 5 strikeouts.
- Drew Hayes threw 1.2 shutout innings with 3 strikeouts.
- Ben Klimesh threw a perfect inning.
The Blue Wahoos took a 1-0 lead in the fourth inning with Brodie Greene came around to score on a Travis Mattair single. Mobile got the run back in the fifth when a ball was lost in the lights that went down as an RBI triple, but should have been the third out of the inning. The offense had Robert Stephenson’s back though, scoring two runs in the bottom of the fifth to give them a 3-1 lead. They would add another two runs in the sixth on a Juan Silverio homer and a Devin Lohman RBI triple. Pensacola would cap things off with a 3-run homer by Travis Mattair in the seventh to extend the lead to 8-1. The BayBears would get two runs in the eighth, but it was as close as they would get.
Bakersfield won 6-5. Box Score
- Zach Vincej went 1-4 with a walk and a run.
- Jeff Gelalich went 2-5 with a double and 2 RBI.
- Juan Perez went 3-4 with a double, steal, RBI and 2 runs.
- Sebastian Elizalde went 2-4 with 2 doubles, an RBI and a run.
- Brent Peterson went 1-4 with 2 RBI.
- Julio Morillo went 1-3.
- Sammy Diaz went 1-1 with a run.
- Mike Dennhardt allowed 1 earned (4 total) in 6 innings with 5 walks and 5 strikeouts.
- Layne Somsen threw 2 shutout innings with a walk.
Lancaster scored four times in the second inning to jump out to a 4-0 lead. The Blaze got two runs back when Brent Peterson singled in Juan Perez and Sebastian Elizalde in the bottom of the second. Neither team would score again until the eighth inning when Bakersfield tied the game up on a pair of RBI doubles by Juan Perez and Sebastian Elizalde. The tie didn’t last though as the JetHawks got a run in the top of the ninth to take the 5-4 lead. The bottom of the ninth started off well as Sammy Diaz singled to put the tying run on base. Zach Vincej followed with a single of his own to put runners on the corners with no outs. Jeff Gelalich came through with a walk-off 2-run double.
Dayton won 1-0. Box Score
- Phillip Ervin went 1-3.
- Jose Ortiz went 1-2 with a walk and a solo HR (2).
- Jon Matthews went 1-3 with a double.
- Avain Rachal went 1-3.
- Nick Travieso threw 6 shutout innings with 5 walks and 4 strikeouts.
- Joel Bender threw 2 shutout innings with a walk and 5 strikeouts.
- Alejandro Chacin threw a hitless inning with a walk and 3 strikeouts.
Unknown at the time, but a second inning solo home run from Jose Ortiz would be the lone run scored in the game. Nick Travieso fired six shutout innings with just one hit allowed, though he did walk five batters and have four strikeouts before handing the game over to the bullpen. Joel Bender picked up where Travieso left off, tossing two innings with just one hit and a walk and he struck out five batters before giving things to Alejandro Chacin. Chacin took the ball in the ninth and while he had a walk mixed in, he struck out the side to seal the 1-0 victory.
Billings won 12-11. Box Score
- Brian O’Grady went 2-4 with a HR (5), 2 runs and 2 RBI.
- Aristides Aquino went 2-5 with a triple, run and 3 RBI.
- Garrett Boulware went 1-4 with a double, walk and a run.
- Jimmy Pickens went 1-4 with a walk and a run.
- Alex Greer went 2-4 with a triple, walk, RBI and 2 runs.
- Alberti Chavez went 1-2 with a double, 2 runs and 2 RBI.
- Ty Washington went 1-4 with a run and an RBI.
- Jeremy Kivel threw 2.1 shutout innings with 2 walks and 5 strikeouts.
- Brian Hunter threw a perfect inning with a strikeout.
- Brennan Bernardino threw 1.2 perfect innings with 2 strikeouts.
The game was back-and-forth early on. Aristides Aquino tripled in Brian O’Grady and scored on a ground ball to put the Mustangs up 2-0 in the first. Orem tied the game up in the bottom of the inning. Another triple, this time by Alex Greer, followed by another ground ball put Billings back on top, 3-2. The Owlz were able to tie things back up in the bottom of the inning and took a 5-3 lead in the bottom of the third. The top of the fourth saw Billings rally though. KJ Franklin was hit by a pitch to lead off the inning and three walks followed to bring in a run before Alberti Chavez doubled in two more runs. Ty Washington drove in the fourth run of the inning and Brian O’Grady brought in the final run of the inning on a sac fly to give the Mustangs an 8-5 lead. That didn’t last long though as the Owlz scored four runs in the bottom of the inning to grab a 9-8 lead. Neither team would score in the fifth, but the sixth inning saw Brian O’Grady absolutely crush a game tying solo home run. The Mustangs would take a lead in the top of the eighth inning when Argenis Aldazoro doubled in Alberti Chavez. Aristides Aquino singled in two more runs to make it a 12-9 game. Orem threatened in the eighth, scoring twice and getting the tying run to second base with one out. Brennan Bernardino came on and got two strikeouts to end the inning and got three ground outs to end the game in the ninth.
AZL Reds lost 8-2. Box Score
- Hector Vargas went 1-3 with a double, walk and 2 RBI.
- Shane Mardirosian went 1-3 with a triple, walk and a run.
- Jarrett Freeland went 1-2 with a run and 2 walks.
- Tyler Parmenter threw 2 shutout innings with 2 strikeouts.
The A’s were leading 4-0 after the top of the fifth inning before the Reds were able to dent the scoreboard. Shane Mardirosian tripled and Jarrett Freeland followed with a walk. Both would score on a Hector Vargas double to cut into the A’s lead. That would be the last time the Reds would score though as the A’s would add four more runs in the game.
8/16 Game Preview
|Team||1st half||2nd half||Time (EST)||Probable||Box Score||Listen Live||Watch Live|