Louisville lost 7-3. Box Score
- Donald Lutz went 1-3 with a triple, walk and a run.
- Neftali Soto went 1-4 with a run.
- Felix Perez went 2-4 with a HR (11) and 3 RBI.
- Bryan Anderson went 1-2.
- Tim Crabbe threw 1.2 shutout innings with 2 walks and a strikeout.
- Nick Christiani threw a perfect inning.
- Justin Freeman threw a perfect inning with a strikeout.
The Bats got off to a rough start as Indianapolis scored in the first five innings to take a 7-0 lead. They would get on the board in the top of the seventh with a 2-run homer from Felix Perez. Perez would drive in the third run of the game for Louisville in the ninth, but it was all that they would get as the Bats fell 7-3.
Pensacola lost 10-6. Box Score
- Yorman Rodriguez went 1-4 with a walk, HR (8) and 2 RBI.
- Ryan Wright went 2-5 with a double and a run.
- Kyle Waldrop went 2-5 with a double, RBI and a run.
- Seth Mejias-Brean went 2-4 with an RBI.
- Bryson Smith went 1-3.
- Yovan Gonzalez went 2-4 with a double and 2 runs.
- Brodie Greene went 1-4 with a double.
- Devin Lohman went 1-2 with an RBI.
- Juan Silverio went 1-1 as a pinch hitter.
- Fabian Williamson threw 1.1 shutout innings with 2 strikeouts.
Pensacola got off to a nice start as Ryan Wright and Kyle Waldrop had back-to-back doubles and Seth Mejias-Brean singled to put them up 2-0 after the top of the first inning. Jacksonville got three runs in the bottom of the inning though to grab the lead. Yorman Rodriguez hit a 2-run homer in the second to put the Blue Wahoos back on top. The Suns scored twice in the third and three more in the fourth inning as they jumped ahead 8-4. Travis Mattair hit his 13th homer of the season to make it 8-5. The Suns would add to their lead in the seventh with two more runs. Devin Lohman would single in Yovan Gonzalez in the eighth to make it a 10-6 game, but that was as close as they got.
Bakersfield was postponed. Double Header at 7:30pm EST
Dayton won 5-3. Box Score
- Jamodrick McGruder went 0-2 with 3 walks and 3 runs.
- Robert Ramirez went 2-5.
- Phillip Ervin went 3-4 with a double, steal (29) and 3 RBI.
- Tanner Rahier went 1-4 with a solo HR (9).
- Jon Matthews went 2-3 with a triple, walk and a run.
- Ronald Bueno went 1-3 with a walk and an RBI.
- Zack Weiss threw 3.1 shutout innings with six strikeouts.
Dayton got a run in the first inning when Jamodrick McGruder walked and scored on a Phillip Ervin single. South Bend scored a run in the first and the second to take the 2-1 lead. Ronald Bueno led off the third with a walk and he came around on another Ervin single. The SilverHawks got another run in the bottom of the third to go ahead 3-2. Nick Travieso got things under control after that, tossing 5.2 innings of three run baseball with a walk and six strikeouts. Another Ervin single tied the game up at 3-3 in the top of the fifth. Jon Matthews started out the sixth with a triple and he came around to score on a ground out to put the Dragons up. A Tanner Rahier homer in the seventh extended the lead to 5-3. With 3.1 shutout innings of relief with six strikeouts from Zack Weiss, they would hold on to win by the same score. Nick Travieso picked up the win and is now the Dragons all-time win leader with 19. His 12 wins this season now lead the Midwest League.
Billings won 8-1. Box Score
- Argenis Aldazoro went 2-4 with 2 runs.
- Aristides Aquino went 1-2 with a walk, HBP and 2 runs.
- KJ Franklin went 2-3 with a HR (4), 2 runs and 5 RBI.
- Cory Thompson went 1-4 with an RBI.
- Alberti Chavez went 1-2 with a walk and a run.
- Wyatt Strahan allowed a run in 4 innings with 6 strikeouts.
- Seth Varner threw 4 shutout innings with 2 strikeouts.
- Jefry Sierra threw a hitless inning with a walk and a strikeout.
Billings jumped out to an early 3-0 lead when a KJ Franklin homer brought in Argenis Aldazoro and Aristides Aquino. Missoula got a run in the top of the second, but it would be all they would get. Wyatt Strahan tossed four strong inning before handing the game over to the bullpen. The Mustangs would add another run in the bottom of the fourth on a ground out that brought in Taylor Sparks. The sixth and seventh innings would see Billings score two runs in each with Franklin having RBI in both innings to push his total in the game to five. Seth Varner, who took over for Strahan finished four innings of shutout relief and gave the game to Jefry Sierra to tossed the final inning to seal the victory.
AZL Reds lost 7-3. Box Score
- Hector Vargas went 1-2.
- Narciso Crook went 2-4 with a double and 2 RBI.
- Paul Kronenfeld went 1-3 with a walk.
- Jose Siri went 1-3 with a walk.
- Luis Gonzalez went 1-4 with a double.
- Mitch Trees went 1-4 with an RBI and a run.
- Tyler Parmenter threw 1.1 shutout innings with 3 strikeouts.
- Austin Muehring threw 2 shutout innings with 2 strikeouts.
The Dodgers had a strong start to the game, scoring five runs in the first two innings and seven over the first four. The Reds were able to rally in the seventh inning for three runs with the big blow coming on a ground-rule double with the bases loaded by Narciso Crook. They wouldn’t score again though and fell 7-3.
8/21 Game Preview
|Team||1st half||2nd half||Time (EST)||Probable||Box Score||Listen Live||Watch Live|