Louisville has completed their season.
Pensacola has completed their season.
Bakersfield lost 7-2. Box Score
- Marquez Smith went 1-3 with a walk.
- Sean Buckley went 1-4 with a run.
- Juan Perez went 1-4 with a run.
- Harold Riggins went 2-4 with 2 RBI.
- Brian Pearl threw 1.1 perfect innings with a strikeout.
- James Allen threw a perfect inning with 2 strikeouts.
Things were going along fine until the bottom of the fourth inning when Visalia rallied for four runs. They would add two more in the fifth to jump ahead 6-0. The Blaze were able to get two of those runs back in the top of the sixth when Harold Riggins drove in two runs with a single. That would be the last time they would score though and the Rawhide would add another run and go on to win 7-2. The loss ends the season for Bakersfield.
Dayton has completed their season.
Billings won 4-3 in 11 innings. Box Score
- Argenis Aldazoro went 1-4 with a walk.
- Taylor Sparks went 3-5 with a triple and 2 runs.
- Garrett Boulware went 2-5 with an RBI and a run.
- Cory Thompson went 2-5 with an RBI.
- Ty Washington went 1-4 with a walk and an RBI.
- Luke Moran allowed 2 runs in 5 innings with 2 walks and 6 strikeouts.
- Scott Brattvet threw 1.2 perfect innings with 2 strikeouts.
- Conor Krauss threw 3 shutout innings with a walk and 6 strikeouts.
The Owlz grabbed an early 2-0 lead by plating two runs in the top of the second inning. The Mustangs were unimpressed and rallied for two runs of their own on a Cory Thompson RBI single and a Ty Washington RBI walk with the bases loaded. The score stayed tied at 2-2 until the bottom of the sixth inning when Taylor Sparks would lead off with a triple and score on a Garrett Boulware single to put Billings up 3-2. Orem would tie things up in the top of the seventh inning with a squeeze bunt, though and that would set up a battle of the bullpens as neither team would score again until the bottom of the eleventh inning. Errors would haunt the Owlz in the inning as Garrett Boulware reached on an error to the pitcher and was replaced by pinch runner Shedric Long. KJ Franklin bunted him over to second with one out. Cory Thompson had an infield single to put runners on first and second to bring up Ty Washington who put an end to the game with an infield single of his own that the third baseman threw away to bring in Long for the game winning run. The Mustangs pitching staff combined for 16 strikeouts in the game with Luke Moran and Conor Krauss each striking out six batters. The bullpen allowed just one hit in 6.0 innings of relief. Billings leads the best-of-three series 1-0. The remainder of the series will be played in Orem. Just a reminder that the games will be on Milb.tv if you subscribe. The next game is on Thursday.
AZL Reds have completed their season.
9/9 Game Preview
|Team||Overall||Playoffs||Time (EST)||Probable||Box Score||Listen Live||Watch Live|