Louisville lost 7-6. Box Score
- Donald Lutz went 1-4 with a double, walk and a run.
- Josh Satin went 2-5 with 2 doubles, a run and an RBI.
- Steve Selsky went 2-4 with a triple, home run (1) and 4 RBI.
- Ivan De Jesus Jr. went 2-3 with a double, walk and a run.
- Dylan Axelrod allowed 1 earned (3 total) in 6 innings with 2 walks and 3 strikeouts.
After opening night going about as poorly as possible the Bats looked to rebound in game two. They fell behind 1-0 in the first but tied things up in the third. They took the lead in the bottom of the 4th inning on a Steve Selsky triple that brought in Donald Lutz and Jermaine Curtis. Toledo tied things up in the sixth, but the Bats came back on the bat of Steve Selsky once again, this time as he cracked a 2-run homer. The teams traded runs in the 7th, keeping the Bats in the lead 6-4. It wasn’t going to last though as the Mudhens scored once in the 8th and twice in the ninth to grab, and ultimately keep the lead.
Pensacola lost 7-1. Box Score
- Sean Buckley went 2-3 with a double and an RBI.
- Kyle Waldrop went 1-3.
- Juan Perez went 1-2.
- Zach Vincej went 1-2.
- Jacob Johnson allowed a run in 2.1 innings with 3 walks and 2 strikeouts.
- Kyle McMyne threw a shutout inning.
The Blue Wahoos grabbed an early 1-0 lead as Biloxi’s defense helped bring Beau Amaral around to score in the 1st. Daniel Wright, making his first Double-A start, struggled with his control as he walked four batters and allowing six runs before the end of the third inning came around and he exited the game. That put Pensacola down 6-1. Another run came across the plate in the 4th inning for the Shuckers, making it 7-1. The home town team couldn’t muster a comeback before the rains came along and washed out the final three innings of the game.
Daytona lost 8-1. Box Score
- Sebastian Elizalde went 1-4 with a walk.
- Phillip Ervin went 2-4 with a run and a walk.
- Chad Wallach went 2-4.
- Sammy Diaz went 0-2 with an RBI, steal and 2 walks.
- Joe Hudson went 1-3 with a walk.
- Joel Bender threw 1.1 shutout innings with 2 strikeouts.
- Nolan Becker threw a shutout inning with a walk and a strikeout.
After opening at home the Tortugas hit the road to take on Brevard County and things didn’t get out to a good start. The Manatees scored two runs in the 1st and 3rd innings to jump out to a 4-0 lead. They put the game out of reach in the 5th as they pushed three more runs across. Phillip Ervin and Chad Wallach both had two hits in the game and the team had eight walks in the game, but they could only manage one run on the night.
Dayton lost 5-4. Box Score
- Aristides Aquino went 1-4 with a run.
- Gavin LaValley went 1-3 with a walk and a double.
- Avain Rachal went 1-3 with a walk, run and an RBI.
- Narciso Crook went 1-4 with a double, RBI and a run.
- Garrett Boulware went 1-2 with a walk, HBP and a run.
- Tyler Mahle allowed 1 earned (2 total) in 5 innings with a walk and 2 strikeouts.
- Mark Armstrong threw 2 shutout innings with 3 strikeouts.
West Michigan scored single runs in the 1st and 3rd innings to grab the lead, but Dayton tied things up in the 5th inning. Narciso Crook doubled in Avain Rachal to make it 2-1. Crook would score later in the inning on a passed ball to tie the game up. The Dragons grabbed the lead in the 7th when Garrett Boulware, who was hit by a pitch earlier in the inning, scored on an error. They would pad the lead with Aristides Aquino singled to lead off the 8th and scored when Gavin LaValley followed with a double. The bottom of the 8th was a rough one for the Dragons bullpen as they combined to allow three runs, giving the lead up. The White Caps held on for the win with a scoreless 9th inning. The Dragons will play a double header on Saturday.
4/11/15 Game Preview
|Team||1st half||2nd half||Time (EST)||Probable||Box Score||Listen Live||Watch Live|
Top 25 Daily Rundown (Top 25 based on rankings prior to the start of the season)
|5||Yorman Rodriguez||AAA||0-3, 2BB, run, K.|
|6||Sal Romano||A+||4.2IP, 8H, 7ER, 3BB, 3K.|
|11||Phillip Ervin||A+||2-4, run, BB.|
|12||Aristides Aquino||A||1-4, run, 3K.|
|13||Kyle Waldrop||AA||1-3, K.|
|14||Alex Blandino||A+||0-3, 2BB.|
|18||Seth Mejias-Brean||AA||0-3, K.|
|20||Carlton Daal||A+||0-3, BB.|
|22||Taylor Sparks||A+||0-4, 2K.|
|24||Gavin LaValley||A||1-3, 2B, BB, 2K.|
|25||Daniel Wright||AA||2.2IP, 5H, 6ER, 4BB, 0K.|