Louisville lost 2-1. Box Score
- Hernan Iribarren went 1-3 with a walk.
- Steve Selsky went 1-4 with a run.
- Yorman Rodriguez went 2-3 with a double.
- Dylan Axelrod threw 7 shutout innings with a walk and 5 strikeouts.
The Bats took a 1-0 lead in the 4th inning when Ramon Cabrera walked with the bases loaded. That lead would hold up for seven innings behind a strong start by Dylan Axelrod, who had five strikeouts in the shutout appearance. The bullpen ran into trouble over the final two innings though as they allowed a run in the 8th and the 9th to see the game tied, then lost.
Pensacola lost 5-3. Box Score
- Jesse Winker went 0-3 with a run and 2 walks.
- Sean Buckley went 2-4 with a walk, home run (1) and 2 RBI.
- Kyle Waldrop went 2-4 with a double and a run.
- Seth Mejias-Brean went 0-2 with 2 walks.
- Juan Perez went 1-4 with a double and an RBI.
- Beau Amaral went 1-4 with a double.
- Kyle McMyne allowed a run in two innings with a walk.
- Ben Klimesh threw a perfect inning with a strikeout.
Wandy Peralta struggled with his control in the 1st inning, walking three batters and giving up three runs. The lefty settled in after that, tossing five innings with only those three runs being charged before leaving the game in the hands of the bullpen. Biloxi would pad their lead with single runs in both the 7th and 8th innings to go ahead 5-0. Jesse Winker led off the bottom of the 8th with a walk and Sean Buckley homered to follow, making it a 5-2 game. Kyle Waldrop and Juan Perez doubled later in the inning to cut the lead even further. Pensacola got walks from Marquez Smith and Jesse Winker in the bottom of the 9th inning but couldn’t get either runner in as they fell 5-3.
Daytona had the night off.
Dayton won 9-1. Box Score
- Ty Washington went 3-5 with 2 doubles, a triple, 2 runs and 2 RBI.
- Ronald Bueno went 1-4 with a home run (1) and 3 RBI.
- Gavin LaValley went 1-4 with a walk and a run.
- Garrett Boulware went 2-4 with a double, walk, run and 2 RBI.
- Brian O’Grady went 1-2 with 3 walks and 2 runs.
- Narciso Crook went 1-5 with a double and 2 RBI.
- Tejay Antone threw 7 shutout innings with 6 strikeouts.
- Brennan Bernardino threw a perfect inning with a strikeout.
The Dragons got things started in the top of the first inning as Ty Washington doubled to lead off the game and eight batters later, two-run doubles by Garrett Boulware and Narciso Crook and running the starting pitcher saw Dayton take a 5-0 lead. That was plenty for starter Tejay Antone who dominated Fort Wayne for seven innings, not allowing a run and striking out seven batters without a walk. Ty Washington had a big game, smacking three extra-base hits, scoring twice and driving in two runs. The win was good for the fifth victory in a row and put Dayton at 11-9 on the season.
4/30/15 Game Preview
|Team||1st half||2nd half||Time (EST)||Probable||Box Score||Listen Live||Watch Live|
Top 25 Daily Rundown (Top 25 based on rankings prior to the start of the season)
|2||Jesse Winker||AA||0-3, 2BB, run.|
|3||Michael Lorenzen||MLB||5IP, 8H, 3ER, 1BB, 5K.|
|5||Yorman Rodriguez||AAA||2-3, 2B.|
|11||Phillip Ervin||A+||DNP – OFF Day|
|12||Aristides Aquino||A||DNP – Injured|
|13||Kyle Waldrop||AA||2-4, 2B, run.|
|14||Alex Blandino||A+||DNP – OFF Day|
|15||Jon Moscot||AAA||5IP, 6H, 2ER, 4BB, 4K.|
|17||Tucker Barnhart||MLB||1-2, BB, HR (1).|
|18||Seth Mejias-Brean||AA||0-2, 2BB, K.|
|20||Carlton Daal||A+||DNP – OFF Day|
|22||Taylor Sparks||A+||DNP – OFF Day|
|23||Chad Wallach||A+||DNP – OFF Day|
|24||Gavin LaValley||A||1-4, run, BB, K.|