Louisville lost 9-3. Box Score
- Steve Selsky went 1-4 with a run.
- Jermaine Curtis went 2-3 witha run.
- Yorman Rodriguez went 1-2 with a walk, home run (4) and 3 RBI.
- Drew Hayes threw 2 shutout innings with 4 strikeouts.
- Pedro Villarreal threw a perfect inning with a strikeout.
Norfolk got out to a quick start, taking a 1-0 lead in the top of the 1st inning and they didn’t let up, scoring four runs over the next four innings to go up 5-0. The Bats got things going in the bottom of the 5th inning with singles by Steve Selsky and Jermaine Curtis to start a rally that was capped off by a 3-run home run by Yorman Rodriguez. That was the last time that Louisville would score and the Tides put things out of reach in the 6th inning with a four run rally to go up 9-3, a lead they held for the rest of the game.
Pensacola won 4-3. Box Score
- Ryan Wright went 2-4 with a steal and 2 runs.
- Kyle Waldrop went 2-4 with a double.
- Marquez Smith went 1-3 with a walk and a run.
- Seth Mejias-Brean went 2-4 with 2 steals, a run and an RBI.
- Juan Silva went 1-4 with a double and an RBI.
- Robert Stephenson allowed 3 runs in 6 innings with 2 walks and 5 strikeouts.
- Layne Somsen threw 2 shutout innings with 3 strikeouts.
- Kyle McMyne threw a shutout inning.
The Blue Wahoos offense scored early, taking a 1-0 lead when Marquez Smith singled in Ryan Wright. They would hold the lead until the top of the 3rd when Mississippi rallied for three runs to take the lead. Pensacola got the runs back with two of their own in the bottom of the inning on singles by Kyle Skipworth and Seth Mejias-Brean. Robert Stephenson put together three shutout innings moving forward and the offense rewarded him by scoring a run in the bottom of the 6th on a Juan Silva double. Layne Somsen took over for Stephenson in the 7th and tossed two shutout innings, lowering his ERA to 1.71 on the season. Kyle McMyne threw a shutout inning to pick up the save.
Daytona won 5-4 in 11 innings. Box Score
- Junior Arias went 2-5 with a home run (1) and 2 RBI.
- Alex Blandino went 1-3 with a walk, run and an RBI.
- Chad Wallach went 1-3 with a triple, RBI and a run.
- Joe Hudson went 1-4 with an RBI.
- Jon Matthews went 1-4 with a double and a run.
- Jimmy Moran threw a shutout inning with 2 strikeouts.
- Nick Howard threw a hitless inning with a walk and a strikeout.
- Evan Mitchell threw 2 shutout innings with a walk and 2 strikeouts.
- Nolan Becker threw a perfect inning.
Daytona took a 2-0 lead in the 1st inning on a Chad Wallach RBI triple and a Joe Hudson single that followed. Lakeland got a run back in the top of the 2nd. They would grab the lead in the 4th by scoring three runs. The Flying Tigers held that lead until the 8th. Carlton Daal walked and Jon Matthews followed with a ground-rule double to put the tying runs on 2nd and 3rd. Junior Arias grounded out to bring in Daal and Alex Blandino singled in the tying run. The game remained tied until the bottom of the 11th when Junior Arias led off the inning with a solo home run to end the game.
Dayton won 3-1. Box Score
- Ronald Bueno went 2-4 with a double, RBI and a run.
- Luis Gonzalez went 1-4 with a run.
- Brian O’Grady went 2-3 with a double, walk and 2 RBI.
- Avain Rachal went 1-3 with a double and a walk.
- Jimmy Moran went 1-3 with a run.
- Tyler Mahle threw 7 shutout innings with a walk and 9 strikeouts.
- Scott Brattvet threw a perfect inning with a strikeout.
Tyler Mahle put together an outstanding start, firing seven shutout innings with nine strikeouts as he lowered his ERA to 3.28 on the season. The offense gave him a lead in the 3rd inning on an RBI double by Ronald Bueno. They would pad the lead on a Brian O’Grady double that plated Bueno and Luis Gonzalez. Scott Bratvett came on for a shutout 8th inning, but the Dragons lost the shutout in the top of the 9th as Great Lakes got on the board, but their comeback attempt fell short as Dayton picked up their 21st win of the season.
5/19/15 Game Preview
|Team||1st half||2nd half||Time (EST)||Probable||Box Score||Listen Live||Watch Live|
Top 25 Daily Rundown (Top 25 based on rankings prior to the start of the season)
|1||Robert Stephenson||AA||6IP, 6H, 3ER, 2BB, 5K.|
|4||Nick Travieso||A+||6IP, 7H, 4ER, 1BB, 5K.|
|5||Yorman Rodriguez||AAA||1-2, BB, HR (4), 3 RBI, K.|
|9||Nick Howard||A+||1IP, 0H, 0ER, 1BB, 1K.|
|12||Aristides Aquino||A||DNP – Injured|
|13||Kyle Waldrop||AA||2-4, 2B, K.|
|14||Alex Blandino||A+||1-3, run, BB, RBI, K.|
|18||Seth Mejias-Brean||AA||2-4, run, RBI.|
|19||Junior Arias||A+||2-5, HR (1), 2 RBI.|
|20||Carlton Daal||A+||0-3, BB, run, K.|
|22||Taylor Sparks||A+||0-4, K.|
|23||Chad Wallach||A+||1-3, 3B, RBI, run.|