Louisville lost 11-2. Box Score
- HErnan Iribarren went 1-4 with a double and a walk.
- Chris Dominguez went 2-4 with an RBI and a run.
- Jose Constanza went 2-4 with an RBI.
- Nick Christiani threw 1.1 shutout innings with a walk and a steal.
The game started out well enough for Jon Moscot, allowing just a run through the first three innings, but the 4th and 5th innings saw him run into all kinds of troubles as he allowed seven runs in the two innings. The 8-1 deficit was too much to overcome and Toledo would pad their lead and push forward to an 11-2 in.
Pensacola won 8-7. Box Score
- Ryan Wright went 2-5 with a double and 3 RBI.
- Jesse Winker went 1-4 with a walk.
- Seth Mejias-Brean went 3-4 with a double and a run.
- Ray Chang went 2-4 with 2 runs.
- Zach Vincej went 1-4 with an RBI and 2 runs.
- Julio Morillo went 1-3 with a run and an RBI.
- Juan Silva went 2-3 with a double, walk, RBI and a run.
- Layne Somsen allowed 2 runs in 4 innings with 3 walks and a strikeout.
- Blaine Howell threw 2 shutout innings with 2 strikeouts.
- Kyle McMyne threw a perfect inning.
Wandy Peralta has had better days than he had on Monday night. He allowed five runs, though only three were earned, in the first two innings. Then in the top of the 3rd inning the first batter lined a ball off of his arm and he had to exit the game. He threw a few pitches after he was hit to try and stay in the game, but the manager/medical staff decided to pull him, so the odds are that he’s not truly injured if he was able to throw some warm ups afterwards. Layne Somsen took over and allowed a run in the 4th inning as Jackson took a 6-0 lead. The Blue Wahoos rallied in the 5th though with three straight singles followed by a Juan Silva double that made it 6-2. Two ground outs later in the inning would make it a 4-run inning. The Generals would tack a run onto their lead in the top of the 6th, making it 7-4. After a scoreless 7th inning the Pensacola’s offense went back to work with another rally in the bottom of the 8th. The inning began with a Seth Mejias-Brean double and was followed with three more baserunners reaching before the first out was recorded. Ryan Wright tied the game up with a bases loaded 2-run double that put the go-ahead run on third. A wild pitch brought in Kyle Skipworth to give Pensacola the lead. It was a lead they would keep as Kyle McMyne came in and made easy work in the top of the 9th inning.
Daytona had the day off.
Dayton lost 4-3 in 10 innings. Box Score
- Jimmy Pickens went 1-4 with an RBI.
- Avain Rachal went 1-3 with 2 walks and an RBI.
- Gavin LaValley went 1-4 with a walk.
- Luis Gonzalez went 4-5 with an RBI.
- Tejay Antone was charged with an unearned run in 6 innings with 2 strikeouts.
West Michigan grabbed a 1-0 lead in the 1st inning, scoring an unearned run off of Tejay Antone. It would be the lone run he’d allow over six innings. He would exit with a 3-1 lead thanks to individual runs scored in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th innings. That would be the last time the offense would score though, and the Whitecaps would tie the game up in the bottom of the 8th as the bullpen ran into some struggles. They would win in walk-off fashion in the bottom of the 10th inning as Dayton dropped to 23-22 on the season.
5/26/15 Game Preview
|Team||1st half||2nd half||Time (EST)||Probable||Box Score||Listen Live||Watch Live|
Top 25 Daily Rundown (Top 25 based on rankings prior to the start of the season)
|2||Jesse Winker||AA||1-4, BB, K.|
|5||Yorman Rodriguez||AAA||1-5, 2B, K.|
|10||Raisel Iglesias||MLB||3IP, 4H, 2ER, 3BB, 6K.|
|12||Aristides Aquino||A||DNP – Injured|
|13||Kyle Waldrop||AA||1-5, 2K.|
|15||Jon Moscot||AAA||4.2IP, 11H, 8ER, 2BB, 2K.|
|17||Tucker Barnhart||MLB||0-3, K.|
|18||Seth Mejias-Brean||AA||3-4, 2B, run.|
|24||Gavin LaValley||A||1-4, BB, K.|