Louisville won 3-2. Box Score
- Irving Falu went 1-2 with 2 walks.
- Hernan Iribarren went 3-4 with 2 runs.
- Brennan Boesch went 2-3 with a walk and 2 RBI.
- Ryan LaMarre went 1-4 with a double.
- Robert Stephenson threw 6 shutout innings with a walk and 6 strikeouts.
- Jumbo Diaz threw 1.1 perfect innings with 2 strikeouts.
After a scoreless 1st inning by Robert Stephenson the offense gave him a lead on a Brennan Boesch RBI single in the bottom of the inning. They would add two more runs in the bottom of the 3rd on another Boesch RBI single and another run scored on an error. That was plenty for Stephenson as he tossed six shutout innings on the night with six strikeouts and a single walk. The bullpen allowed Indianapolis back into the game though. Sam LeCure gave up a leadoff homer in the 7th. That was followed by a double and a single to put runners on 1st and 3rd. LeCure threw the ball away on a pickoff attempt as the second run of the inning came in. He would strike out the next two batters to end the inning with a 3-2 lead. Two singles in the top of the 8th had the Indians threatening against LeCure again, but Jumbo Diaz entered he game and got a strikeout to end the inning. He returned for the 9th inning and shut things down as he picked up the save.
Pensacola won 4-1. Box Score
- Zach Vincej went 1-3 with a walk and an RBI.
- Jesse Winker went 1-3 with 2 walks.
- Marquez Smith went 1-4 with a triple and a run.
- Seth Mejias-Brean went 1-4 with a run.
- Kyle Skipworth went 1-4 with a double and 2 RBI.
- Tim Adleman allowed a run in 7 innings with a walk and 7 strikeouts.
- Patrick Schuster threw a shutout inning.
- Zack Weiss threw a shutout inning with a strikeout.
Tim Adleman tossed a quick 1st inning and the Pensacola offense gave him a lead to work with for his early effort as they scored three runs in the top of the 2nd inning. Kyle Skipworth had a 2-RBI double and Zach Vincej singled later to bring in another run. Adleman would give one run back in the bottom of the 4th inning, but it was all he would allow over seven innings as he lowered his ERA to 2.00 on the season. He handed the ball off to Patrick Schuster and Zack Weiss for the final two innings and each reliever tossed a scoreless inning to pick up the 6th win of the second half for the Blue Wahoos.
Daytona lost 6-1. Box Score
- Junior Arias went 1-4 with a solo home run (7).
- Jeff Gelalich went 1-2.
- Amir Garrett allowed 2 earned (4 total) in 5 innings with 4 walks and 2 strikeouts.
- Scott Brattvet threw a shutout inning with a strikeout.
- Nick Howard threw a perfect inning.
- Nolan Becker threw a shutout inning.
Daytona took a 1-0 lead in the bottom of the 1st inning on a Junior Arias solo home run. They would hold that lead until the top of the 3rd inning when Dunedin tied the game up. In the top of the 5th inning the Blue Jays took advantage of an error that led to two runs in the inning after having already scored once earlier in the frame. With a 4-1 lead and the Tortugas offense struggling, the game was out of reach and Dunedin made sure of it by scoring two more runs in the 9th inning.
Dayton lost 6-2. Box Score
- Gavin LaValley went 1-3 with a walk.
- Paul Kronenfeld went 1-3 with a walk.
- Jimmy Pickens went 1-3 with a walk and a run.
- Avain Rachal went 2-4 with a run.
- Argenis Aldazoro went 1-4 with a double and 2 RBI.
- Jonathan Reynoso went 2-4.
- Jeremy Kivel threw 2 perfect innings with 3 strikeouts.
- Conor Krauss threw a shutout inning with 2 strikeouts.
Dayton grabbed an early 2-0 lead when Argenis Aldazoro doubled in two runs in the bottom of the 2nd inning. They would hold that score until the top of the 4th inning when Bowling Green would score a run to cut their lead in half. The Hot Rods would take the outright lead in the 5th with two more runs and they would put the game away with three runs in the 6th.
Billings was suspended in a 5-5 tie in the 7th. Game will resume Thursday before the regularly scheduled game.
AZL Reds lost 5-4. Box Score
- Daniel Pigott (rehab) went 1-3 with a solo home run and 2 RBI.
- Jake Turnbull went 1-4 with a double, RBI and a run.
- Raul Wallace went 1-3 with a double and an RBI.
- Michael Beltre went 1-3.
- Alberti Chavez went 1-3 with a double.
- Jonathon Crawford was charged with an unearned run in 4 innings with 4 strikeouts.
- Carlos Machorro threw 1.2 hitless innings with a walk and a strikeout.
- Pedro Damian threw 2 shutout innings with 2 walks and 2 strikeouts.
The AZL Reds scored three runs in the 1st inning. James Vasquez hit a sac fly to start the scoring. Jake Turnbull and Raul Wallace added RBI doubles to make it 3-0. The AZL Reds gave a run back in the bottom of the 2nd inning after an error led to an unearned run. The Reds would get the run back in the 3rd on a Daniel Pigott homer. Jonathon Crawford had a solid rehab start, charged with just an unearned run on 5 hits in four innings. He didn’t walk a batter, but he did hit two and had four strikeouts. The bullpen ran into problems in the 5th inning as the White Sox scored four runs to take a 5-4 lead. They would hold on to win by that same score as neither team would score in the final four innings.
7/9/15 Game Preview
|Team||1st half||2nd half||Time (EST)||Probable||Box Score||Listen Live||Watch Live|
Top 25 Daily Rundown (Top 25 based on the Midseason Rankings)
|1||Robert Stephenson||AAA||6IP, 4H, 0ER, 1BB, 6K.|
|2||Jesse Winker||AA||1-3, 2BB.|
|3||Nick Travieso||A+||DNP – Injured|
|6||Amir Garrett||A+||5IP, 6H, 2ER, 4BB, 2K.|
|8||Tyler Stephenson||BIL||Game Suspended.|
|9||Phillip Ervin||A+||0-5, 2K.|
|10||Alex Blandino||A+||DNP – Injured|
|11||Jon Moscot||MLB||DNP – Injured|
|12||Aristides Aquino||A||Game Suspended.|
|13||Kyle Waldrop||AAA||0-4, 2K.|
|14||Jonathon Crawford||INJ||4IP, 5H, 0ER, 2HBP, 0BB, 4K. Rehab|
|15||Mark Armstrong||A||DNP – Injured|
|17||Junior Arias||A+||1-4, HR (7), K.|
|19||Nick Howard||A+||1IP, 0H, 0ER, 0BB, 0K.|
|20||Gavin LaValley||A||1-3, BB, K.|
|21||Wyatt Strahan||A||7IP, 8H, 1ER, 1BB, 5K.|
|22||Luis Gonzalez||A||0-5, 2K.|
|23||Sebastian Elizalde||A+||0-3, BB.|
|24||Seth Mejias Brean||AA||1-4, BB.|
|25||Carlton Daal||A+||1-4, K.|