Louisville is on the Triple-A All-Star Break.
- Irving Falu went 0-2 in the Triple-A All-Star game.
Pensacola lost 14-8. Box Score
- Ray Chang went 1-3 with a double, 2 walks and a run.
- Juan Duran went 2-3 with a walk, home run (1), 2 runs and 3 RBI.
- Kyle Skipworth went 1-3 with a walk, 2 runs and a solo home run (7).
- Sean Buckley went 0-2 with 2 walks, an RBI and a run.
- Beau Amaral went 1-4 with an RBI.
- Kyle McMyne threw a shutout inning.
The game didn’t get out to a good start for the Blue Wahoos, who trailed 9-1 after five innings. Juan Duran kept it within distance with a 3-run homer in the top of the 6th to make it 9-4, but the Barons scored five more runs over the next three innings to put the game away.
Daytona lost 6-4. Box Score
- Carlton Daal went 1-4 with a walk, 2 steals (16) and a run.
- Sebastian Elizalde went 2-4 with 2 doubles and 3 RBI.
- Phillip Ervin went 1-4 with a double.
- Jeff Gelalich went 1-4 with a steal and a run.
- Joe Hudson went 1-4 with an RBI.
- Scott Brattvet was charged with an unearned run in 1.1 innings with a walk and a strikeout.
- Nolan Becker threw 1.1 shutout innings.
Daytona grabbed a 1-0 lead in the 2nd inning, but Jupiter took it away in the bottom of the frame with three runs. The Tortugas scored in the top of the 3rd, but then rain came along and delayed the game for the next hour. When it resumed the Hammerheads got a run in the bottom of the 3rd inning and added two more runs in the 6th to make it 6-2. Sebastian Elizalde made it a game again in the top of the 7th when he doubled in Wendell Soto and Carlton Daal to make it a 6-4 game. That was as close as things would get though as Daytona went quietly in the 8th and 9th innings.
Dayton lost 2-1. Box Score
- Garrett Boulware went 1-2 with a double and a run.
- Tyler Mahle allowed a run in 6 innings with 2 strikeouts.
- Jake Ehret threw 2.1 hitless innings with an unearned run, 2 walks and 2 strikeouts.
West Michigan got to Tyler Mahle in the 1st inning with a single run, but it was all the right hander would give up over six innings as he lowered his ERA to 2.71 on the season. The Dragons would tie the game up in the top of the 3rd inning after Garrett Boulware doubled to lead off the inning and moved up on a sac bunt. Jonathan Reynoso grounded to third, but after looking Boulware back the third baseman threw the ball away and the game was tied. When Mahle left the game he handed things over to Jake Ehret, who didn’t allow a hit in 2.1 innings, but a leadoff walk and an error of his own led to West Michigan scoring a walk-off win on a ball that went about 12 feet.
Billings won 6-0. Box Score
- Blake Trahan went 2-4 with a walk and 2 runs.
- Brantley Bell went 3-4 with a walk, run and 2 RBI.
- KJ Franklin went 1-4 with a home run (2) and 3 RBI.
- Tyler Stephenson went 1-4 with a double.
- Reydel Medina went 1-4 with a solo home run (6).
- Mitch Piatnik went 2-4.
- Shane Mardirosian went 2-4 with a double.
- Zach Shields went 2-4 with a run.
- Jose Loprez threw 2 shutout innings with 2 walks and a strikeout.
- Ty Sterner threw 2.2 shutout innings with 2 walks and 3 strikeouts.
- Sarkis Ohanian threw 3.1 shutout innings with 2 walks and 4 strikeouts.
- Sandy Lugo threw a perfect inning with a strikeout.
The Mustangs must have known that rain was on the way and they took it to the Orem pitching staff early on. KJ Franklin smacked a 3-run homer to kick things off in the 1st and Reydel Medina hit a solo shot later in the inning to make it 4-0. The Mustangs would add another run in the next inning to make it 5-0. The rain eventually showed up and delayed the game for an hour and three minutes. When the game resumed the offense slow down for Billings but the pitching staff kept on rolling as four pitchers combined to shut out Orem, allowing just four hits in the game. Blake Trahan raised his average to .344 on the season with two hits in the game. Brantley Bell did him one better, notching three hits and pushing his average to .347.
AZL Reds won 4-1. Box Score
- Ryan Wright (rehab) went 1-4 with ad ouble and a run.
- Jake Turnbull went 2-4 with a home run (1) and 3 RBI.
- Raul Wallace went 1-3 with a double, 2 steals and a walk.
- Ty Washington (rehab) went 1-3 with a walk and a run.
- Blake Butler went 2-4 with a double.
- Adrian Rodriguez allowed a run in 5 innings with 8 strikeouts.
- Andrew Jordan threw 2 shutout innings with 3 strikeouts.
- Alfredo Mena threw 2 shutout innings with a strikeout.
The Reds scored three runs in the 1st inning on a Jake Turnbull 3-run homer, his first in his professional career. The Padres would get one of the runs back in the bottom of the 1st, but that was all that they would get as Adrian Rodriguez put together his second straight strong start, lowering his ERA to 3.22 on the year. He handed the ball over to the bullpen where Andrew Jordan and Alfredo Mena each threw two shutout innings to seal the victory.
7/16/15 Game Preview
|Team||1st half||2nd half||Time (EST)||Probable||Box Score||Listen Live||Watch Live|
Top 25 Daily Rundown (Top 25 based on the Midseason Rankings)
|2||Jesse Winker||AA||1-5, 2K.|
|3||Nick Travieso||A+||DNP – Injured|
|5||Sal Romano||A+||5.1IP, 6H, 3ER, 1BB, 2K.|
|8||Tyler Stephenson||BIL||1-4, 2B, K.|
|9||Phillip Ervin||A+||1-4, 2B, K.|
|10||Alex Blandino||A+||DNP – Injured|
|11||Jon Moscot||MLB||DNP – Injured|
|15||Mark Armstrong||A||DNP – Injured|
|16||Tyler Mahle||A||6IP, 5H, 1ER, 0BB, 2K.|
|17||Junior Arias||A+||0-4, run, 2K.|
|19||Nick Howard||A+||DNP – Injured|
|20||Gavin LaValley||A||0-4, 2K.|
|23||Sebastian Elizalde||A+||2-4, 2 2B, 3 RBI, K.|
|24||Seth Mejias Brean||AA||0-3, BB, run.|
|25||Carlton Daal||A+||1-4, BB, run, 2 steals.|