Louisville lost 1-0. Box Score
- Juan Silva went 1-3.
- Chris Berset went 1-2.
- Donovan Hand threw 3 shutout innings with a walk.
- Miguel Celestino allowed a run in 2 innings with a walk and 2 strikeouts.
- Jose De La Torre threw 2 perfect innings with 2 strikeouts.
- Carlos Contreras threw a shutout inning with a walk and 2 strikeouts.
- Drew Hayes threw a shutout inning with a strikeout.
The Louisville offensive struggles continued as they managed just two hits in the game. The pitching staff was strong, allowing just one run, but it was one too many on Saturday. The loss was the 6th in a row.
Pensacola won 2-1. Box Score
- Ryan Wright went 2-4 with a double and a run.
- Jesse Winker went 2-4 with a home run (13) and 2 RBI.
- Marquez Smith went 1-2 with 2 walks.
- Sean Buckley went 1-4 with a double.
- Cody Reed threw 7 shutout innings with 4 walks and 10 strikeouts.
- Kyle McMyne threw a hitless inning.
- Zack Weiss was charged with an unearned run in an inning with a walk.
Cody Reed rebounded from a rough start by firing seven shutout frames with 10 strikeouts. The game was still scoreless after those seven innings by Reed though, but the Jesse Winker show continued as he came up to the plate with Ryan Wright on the bases and smacked his organizational best 13th home run of the year to put the Blue Wahoos ahead 2-0 in the top of the 8th. The home run now makes it his fifth consecutive game with a home run, one short of the Southern League record. Kyle McMyne tossed a scoreless 8th inning to hold the lead before giving things to Zack Weiss in the 9th. Things got interesting for Pensacola as a passed ball led to an unearned run scoring to make it 2-1. Biloxi got the tying run over to third base, but a fly out to Sean Buckley in left field ended the game.
Daytona was rained out.
Dayton won 6-4 in 10 innings. Box Score
- Shed Long went 2-5 with a double and a run.
- Luis Gonzalez went 2-4 with a walk, run and an RBI.
- Avain Rachal went 2-4 with a walk and 2 runs.
- Aristides Aquino went 3-5 with a home run (3), 2 runs and 2 RBI.
- Argenis Aldazoro went 2-4 with a triple and an RBI.
- Narciso Crook went 2-4 with a steal (10).
- Tejay Antone allowed a run in 7 innings with a walk and 4 strikeouts.
- Joe Mantoni threw a hitless inning with a walk.
- Conor Krauss threw a perfect inning with a strikeout.
Dayton took an early lead when Luis Gonzalez singled in Shed Long in he 3rd inning. Gonzalez would score on a sac fly later in the inning to make it 2-0. Burlington would get one of those runs back in the top of the 4th, but the score would remain 2-1 until the bottom of the 8th inning. Back-to-back singles with runners on by Argenis Aldazoro and Narciso Crook would make it 4-1. Things didn’t go smoothly for Dayton in the top of the 9th inning as an error led to two unearned runs and a third run would tie the game up and eventually send the game into extra innings. After a scoreless top of the 10th inning by Conor Krauss Dayton took no time to get things moving. Avain Rachal singled to lead off the inning. Aristides Aquino followed with a walk-off home run that just cleared the wall in left-center.
Billings lost 11-4. Box Score
- Blake Trahan went 1-1 with four walks, a double, 2 steals and a run.
- Ed Charlton went 1-4 with a walk, steal, run and an RBI.
- KJ Franklin went 1-2 with a double, walk and 2 RBI.
- Hector Vargas went 2-4.
- Jacob Constante allowed 1 earned (3 total) in 5 innings with 2 walks and 6 strikeouts.
Billings took a 1-0 lead in the 3rd inning, but Ogden came back in the bottom of the 4th with the help of the Mustangs defense, scoring three times to take a lead. KJ Franklin tied the game up in the top of the 5th with a double that brought two runs in. The 6th and 7th innings were what put the Raptors ahead for good as they scored eight runs to jump out to an 11-4 lead, which they held onto the rest of the way.
AZL Reds lost 8-1, 5-4 in a double header.
Game 1: 8-1 loss. Box Score
- James Vasquez went 2-2 with a double, walk and a run.
- Michael Beltre went 1-3 with an RBI.
- Montrell Marshall went 1-3.
- Isaac Anesty was charged with an unearned run in 2 innings with a walk and 3 strikeouts.
The Dodgers scored early and often against Wendolyn Bautista, who suffered through his lone bad outing of the year (the only game in which he allowed more than two earned runs). They led 7-1 after four innings and would add another run later to pick up the 8-1 win.
Game 2: 5-4 loss. Box Score
- Francis Azcona went 2-5 with a double and 2 RBI.
- Miles Gordon went 2-4.
- James Vasquez went 3-4 with a solo home run (9).
- JD Salmon-Williams went 1-3 with a walk and a run.
- Andrew Jordan allowed a run in 3 innings with 4 strikeouts.
- Connor Bennett was charged with 2 unearned runs in 2 innings with 2 strikeouts.
- Pedro Damian was charged with an unearned run in 3 innings with 3 strikeouts.
The Reds grabbed an early lead, scoring four times in the 2nd inning, including a league best 9th home run by James Vasquez. The Dodgers would begin to chip away in the 3rd, scoring a run and in the 4th they would score two more. In the bottom of the 7th they would tie the game up and send things to extra innings. After a scoreless 8th inning the Dodgers would score in the bottom of the the to sweep the double header.
8/16/15 Game Preview
|Team||1st half||2nd half||Time (EST)||Probable||Box Score||Listen Live||Watch Live|
Top 25 Daily Rundown (Top 25 based on the Midseason Rankings)
|2||Jesse Winker||AA||2-4, HR, 2 RBI.|
|4||Yorman Rodriguez||AAA||DNP – Injured|
|6||Amir Garrett||A+||7IP, 3H, 0ER, 2BB, 5K.|
|9||Phillip Ervin||A+||2-4, 2B, 3 RBI, K.|
|11||Jon Moscot||MLB||DNP – Injured|
|12||Aristides Aquino||A||3-5, HR, 2 runs, 2 RBI, K.|
|13||Kyle Waldrop||AAA||0-4, 2K.|
|14||Jonathon Crawford||A+||DNP – Injured|
|15||Mark Armstrong||A||DNP – Injured|
|17||Junior Arias||A+||0-2, BB, K.|
|18||Tejay Antone||A||7IP, 7H, 1ER, 1BB, 4K.|
|19||Nick Howard||A+||DNP – Injured|
|20||Gavin LaValley||A||0-4, RBI.|
|22||Luis Gonzalez||A||2-4, BB, run, RBI, K.|
|24||Seth Mejias Brean||AA||1-4, K.|
|25||Carlton Daal||A+||3-4, steal, run.|
|Trade||Cody Reed||AA||7IP, 4H, 0ER, 4BB, 10K.|