Louisville won 4-0. Box Score
- Hernan Iribarren went 1-4 with 2 RBI.
- Irving Falu went 2-4 with a triple and an RBI.
- Ramon Cabrera went 2-4 with a double and a run.
- Juan Silva went 1-3 with a double.
- Ryan LaMarre went 1-3 with a run.
- Juan Perez went 2-3 with a double, steal, run and an RBI.
- Kristopher Negron went 1-3 with a double and a run.
- Michael Lorenzen threw a complete game shutout with a walk and a strikeout.
The 2nd inning saw the Bats jump out to a 3-0 lead. Four singles in the inning produced three runs with Hernan Iribarren’s driving in two runs to cap off the inning. That would be all that Michael Lorenzen would need in his return to Triple-A. The right hander tossed a complete game shutout with 15 groundouts as he helped end the Louisville six-game losing streak.
Pensacola lost 5-3. Box Score
- Alex Blandino went 2-4 with a steal and a run.
- Juan Duran went 1-3 with a home run (4) and 2 RBI.
- Seth Mejias-Brean went 1-4 with a double and an RBI.
- Jacob Johnson threw 2 hitless innings with a walk and 2 strikeouts.
Pensacola took a 1-0 lead in the 1st inning on a Juan Duran sac fly. Biloxi would tie the game up in the bottom of the 2nd. Seth Mejias-Brean would put the Blue Wahoos back in the lead in the 3rd with an RBI double. The Shuckers took their first lead of the game in the 4th inning with two runs and they would add to it in the 5th with another run to go up 4-2. Juan Duran would homer in the 8th inning to make it a 4-3 game, but Biloxi put the game away with a run in the bottom of the frame.
Daytona won 4-0. Box Score
- Phillip Ervin went 1-4 with a walk.
- Ty Washington went 1-4 with a double, walk and a run.
- Brian O’Grady went 1-2 with 3 walks and and an RBI.
- Nick Travieso threw 5 shutout innings with 2 walks and 2 strikeouts.
- Nolan Becker threw a perfect inning with a strikeout.
- El’Hajj Muhammad threw a perfect inning with a walk.
- Carlos Gonzalez threw 2 perfect innings with 2 strikeouts.
Nick Travieso had a shutout going through four innings but the Tortugas offense hadn’t gotten on the board yet. That changed in the top of the 5th inning when Carlton Daal led off with a single and moved around the bases, eventually scoring on a balk to put Daytona in the lead. After a scoreless bottom of the 5th Travieso turned the game over to the bullpen. Nolan Becker and El’Hajj Muhammad each tossed a perfect inning, holding a 1-0 lead. The Tortugas put the game away in the top of the 8th inning. Ty Washington doubled and scored on a Brian O’Grady single. An error by the right fielder would bring in two more runs to make it 4-0 for Daytona. Carlos Gonzalez came out with a larger lead and tossed two perfect innings to end the game.
Dayton lost 6-2. Box Score
- Luis Gonzalez went 3-5.
- Paul Kronenfeld went 1-4 with a run and a walk.
- Gavin LaValley went 2-4 with a run and an RBI.
- Narciso Crook went 2-4 with a double and a steal (11).
- Garrett Boulware went 2-4.
- Jonathan Reynoso went 1-4 with an RBI and a steal (15).
- Jake Paulson allowed 2 earned (3 total) in 6.2 innings with a walk and 3 strikeouts.
- Jake Ehret threw 1.1 perfect innings with 3 strikeouts.
Burlington grabbed a 2-0 lead in the top of the 3rd inning. The Dragons cut the lead in half in the 4th inning when Gavin LaValley scored on a groundout. The score held there until the top of the 7th when the Bees got help from the Dragons defense and scored an unearned run to make it 3-1. Jake Paulson lowered his ERA to 2.82 with the strong start, allowing just two earned in 6.2 innings, but the bullpen allowed three runs in the top of the 8th as Burlington put the game away, holding on for a 6-2 win.
Billings won 6-3. Box Score
- Reydel Medina went 2-4 with a steal and 2 runs.
- Tyler Stephenson went 2-3 with a double, walk, 2 runs and 2 RBI.
- KJ Franklin went 2-4 with an RBI.
- Dalton Carter went 2-4 with a double, run and 2 RBI.
- Jose Lopez was charged with 2 unearned runs in 5 innings with a walk and 5 strikeouts.
- Jacob Moody was charged with an unearned run in 1.1 innings with 3 walks and a strikeout.
- Jake Johnson threw 1.2 shutout innings with a walk and 4 strikeouts.
- Jimmy Herget threw a hitless inning with a walk and 2 strikeouts.
The Mustangs struck first, taking a 1-0 lead in the top of the 3rd inning when a Mitch Piatnik single brought in Dalton Carter. Ogden would come back in the 4th with the help of the Mustangs defense and scored two runs to take a lead. The score remained 2-1 until the top of the 7th inning. Dalton Carter doubled in two runs to put Billings ahead 3-2. The Raptors tied the game up in the bottom of the inning. In the top of the 8th inning Brantley Bell got things started with a 1-out walk and Reydel Medina followed up with a single. Tyler Stephenson celebrated his 19th birthday in style with a 2-run double to make it a 5-3 game. KJ Franklin singled Stephenson in to make it 6-3. Jake Johnson and Jimmy Herget took care of the rest as they fired shutout 8th and 9th innings to seal the win. For those with MiLB.tv, the upcoming series is available to watch.
AZL Reds lost 8-4. Box Score
- Jose Siri went 1-4 with a run.
- James Vasquez went 1-2 with 2 walks and an RBI.
- Michael Beltre went 2-4 with a steal.
- Maikel Lopez went 1-4 with a double and a run.
- Nadir Ljatifi went 2-2 with a double, RBI and a run.
- JD Salmon-Williams went 1-1 with a walk.
- Rock Rucker threw 1.1 shutout innings with 2 walks and 2 strikeouts.
- Miguel Aguilar was charged with an unearned run in 1.1 innings with 2 walks and 2 strikeouts.
The White Sox struck early, taking a 2-0 lead in the top of the 1st inning. The Reds would come back in the bottom of the 3rd inning. Alberti Chavez singled in Nadir Ljatifi and would come around to score on a James Vasquez single. Jose Siri would cap off the scoring when he came across on a wild pitch, putting the Reds ahead 3-2. In the next inning Maikel Lopez would double and score on a Nadir Ljatifi single to make it 4-2. The White Sox took over from there, scoring three runs in the 5th inning to go ahead for good and would play add on in the 7th and 9th innings as they went on to win 8-4.
8/17/15 Game Preview
|Team||1st half||2nd half||Time (EST)||Probable||Box Score||Listen Live||Watch Live|
Top 25 Daily Rundown (Top 25 based on the Midseason Rankings)
|2||Jesse Winker||AA||0-3, BB.|
|3||Nick Travieso||A+||5IP, 2H, 0ER, 2BB, 2K.|
|4||Yorman Rodriguez||AAA||DNP – Injured|
|8||Tyler Stephenson||BIL||2-3, BB, 2B, 2 runs, 2 RBI.|
|9||Phillip Ervin||A+||1-4, BB, K.|
|10||Alex Blandino||AA||2-4, run, K.|
|11||Jon Moscot||MLB||DNP – Injured|
|12||Aristides Aquino||A||0-3, BB.|
|14||Jonathon Crawford||A+||DNP – Injured|
|15||Mark Armstrong||A||DNP – Injured|
|17||Junior Arias||A+||1-5, 2K.|
|18||Tejay Antone||A||7IP, 7H, 1ER, 1BB, 4K.|
|19||Nick Howard||A+||DNP – Injured|
|20||Gavin LaValley||A||2-4, run, RBI.|
|23||Sebastian Elizalde||A+||0-3, 2BB, 2 steals, K.|
|24||Seth Mejias Brean||AA||1-4, 2B, RBI.|
|25||Carlton Daal||A+||1-5, 2 runs.|