Louisville won 4-2. Box Score
- Hernan Iribarren went 2-5 with 2 RBI.
- Brennan Boesch went 2-4.
- Ramon Cabrera went 1-3 with a walk and a run.
- Kyle Waldrop went 1-4 with a double and a run.
- Ryan LaMarre went 1-3 with a run.
- Juan Silva went 1-3 with a double, walk, run and an RBI.
- Tony Cingrani threw 2 shutout innings with 2 walks and 2 strikeouts.
- Josh Smith allowed a run in 4 innings with 2 walks and a strikeout.
- Drew Hayes threw a perfect inning with a strikeout.
- Collin Balester threw a shutout inning.
The Bats scored first, taking a 1-0 lead after Kyle Waldrop doubled and scored on a groundout later in the inning. Durham would tie the game up in the next inning with a run of their own. In the 6th inning Louisville would take the lead without getting a hit as two walks and two hit batters brought in the go-ahead run. Hernan Iribarren would follow with a single that brought in two more runs to make it a 4-1 game. Drew Hayes would toss a perfect 8th inning as he lowered his ERA to 2.55 on the year. Collin Balester picked up the save with a scoreless 9th.
Pensacola won 8-4. Box Score
- Bryson Smith went 2-5 with a run and an RBI.
- Marquez Smith went 1-3 with 2 walks.
- Juan Duran went 1-4 with a triple, run and 3 RBI.
- Kyle Skipworth went 1-3 with a double, walk and a run.
- Zach Vincej went 0-2 with 2 walks and 2 runs.
- Beau Amaral went 2-3 with a walk, home run (4), 2 runs and 2 RBI.
- Daniel Wright allowed 3 earned (4 total) in 6.1 innings with 2 walks and 7 strikeouts.
- Zack Weiss threw a hitless inning with a walk and 2 strikeouts.
The Blue Wahoos got out to an early lead. Juan Duran tripled in two runs in the 1st inning and scored on a sac fly to make it 3-0. They would added to their lead in the 2nd inning. Kyle Skipworth led off with a double and two walks followed. Bryson Smith singled in a run to make it 4-0. Two sac flies were hit in the inning to make it 6-0. Chattanooga got three of the runs back in the 3rd inning, but the score held at 6-3 until the bottom of the 6th inning. That’s when Pensacola put the game away on a Beau Amaral 2-run home run that made it 8-3. Zack Weiss picked up his 21st save with the Blue Wahoos and lowered his ERA to 2.93.
Dayton lost 5-1. Box Score
- Phillip Ervin went 1-2 with a double and 2 walks.
- Carlton Daal went 2-3 with a walk.
- Jeff Gelalich went 1-3 with an RBI.
- Scott Brattvet threw 3.2 shutout innings with a walk and a strikeout.
- Evan Mitchell threw 2 shutout innings with 2 strikeouts.
Brevard County scored five runs in the first two innings to jump out to an early lead. The bullpen held them scoreless the rest of the way, but the offense struggled to get going, scoring just one run on five hits as they dropped to 30-19 in the second half.
Dayton lost 7-2. Box Score
- Aristides Aquino went 2-4 with a solo home run (4).
- Gavin LaValley went 2-4.
- Joe Mantoni threw 2 shutout innings with a walk and 2 strikeouts.
- Brennan Bernardino threw a hitless inning with 2 walks and a strikeout.
South Bend scored seven runs in the first two innings of the game, essentially putting the game out of reach early on. The Dragons got on the board in the 6th with a solo home run by Aristides Aquino and they would get another run in the top of the 9th, but the early lead by the Cubs held up.
Billings won 3-1. Box Score
- Blake Trahan went 2-3 with 2 walks.
- Hector Vargas went 2-5 with 2 runs.
- KJ Franklin went 2-5 with a double and an RBI.
- Brantley Bell went 1-3 with a walk, run and an RBI.
- Dalton Carter went 1-4 with a double.
- Tanner Rainey was charged with an unearned run in 5.2 innings with 4 walks and 4 strikeouts.
- Sarkis Ohanian threw 2.1 perfect innings with 4 strikeouts.
- Jimmy Herget threw a perfect inning with 2 strikeouts.
Billings got the scoring started early when KJ Franklin doubled in Hector Vargas in the top of the 1st inning to make it 1-0. Idaho Falls would bring the tying run across in the bottom of the inning thanks to an error on Tanner Rainey. It would be the only run he’d allow in the game over 5.2 innings pitched as he lowered his ERA to 3.89. Brantley Bell would break the tie in the 3rd inning with an RBI single to bring Hector Vargas across for the second time in the game. The bullpen would take over in the 5th inning and hold the lead with 3.1 perfect innings by Sarkis Ohanian and Jimmy Herget.
AZL Reds lost 5-3. Box Score
- Francis Azcona went 1-4 with a steal and a run.
- Jake Turnbull went 1-4 with a double, RBI and a run.
- James Vasquez went 1-3 with a double, walk and an RBI.
- Blake Butler went 1-3 with a double and a walk.
- Miles Gordon went 1-2 with a walk and a run.
- Adrian Rodriguez allowed 1 earned (2 total) in 5 innings with 2 strikeouts.
The Cubs took a 1-0 lead in the bottom of the 2nd inning. The Reds took the lead in the top of the 3rd on back-to-back RBI doubles by Jake Turnbull and James Vasquez. The score stayed at 2-1 until the 7th when the Reds would pad their lead when Miles Gordon scored on a wild pitch. The Cubs would make a comeback in the bottom of the 7th with two runs to tie the game up and they would take the lead in the 8th with two more runs. The Reds went quietly in the top of the 9th as they fell 5-3.
8/19/15 Game Preview
|Team||1st half||2nd half||Time (EST)||Probable||Box Score||Listen Live||Watch Live|
Top 25 Daily Rundown (Top 25 based on the Midseason Rankings)
|1||Robert Stephenson||AAA||DNP – Injured|
|4||Yorman Rodriguez||AAA||DNP – Injured|
|9||Phillip Ervin||A+||1-2, 2B, 2BB.|
|10||Alex Blandino||AA||0-3, steal, run, BB, RBI.|
|11||Jon Moscot||MLB||DNP – Injured|
|12||Aristides Aquino||A||2-4, HR.|
|13||Kyle Waldrop||AAA||1-4, 2B, run, K.|
|14||Jonathon Crawford||A+||DNP – Injured|
|15||Mark Armstrong||A||DNP – Injured|
|17||Junior Arias||A+||0-3, run, BB, K.|
|19||Nick Howard||A+||DNP – Injured|
|23||Sebastian Elizalde||A+||1-4, K.|
|24||Seth Mejias Brean||AA||0-3, RBI.|
|25||Carlton Daal||A+||2-3, BB, K.|
|Trade||Adam Duvall||AAA||0-3, BB, K.|