Louisville lost 1-0. Box Score
- Brandon Allen went 0-2 with 2 walks.
- Ramon Cabrera went 2-4.
- Bryson Smith went 3-4.
- Keyvius Sampson was charged with an unearned run in 3.1 innings with 3 walks and 2 strikeouts.
- Chad Rogers threw 1.2 shutout innings with a walk and a strikeout.
- Stephen Johnson threw 2.0 shutout innings with 2 strikeouts.
- Pedro Villarreal threw 2.0 perfect innings with 2 strikeouts.
Keyvius Sampson got called into spot starting duty after Robert Stephenson was called up to start for the Reds and he allowed just one hit in 3.1 innings, but was charged with an unearned run. The bullpen followed with 5.2 shutout frames, but it wasn’t enough as the Bats offense managed just three hits in the game and were shutout. Louisville plays at 11:05am on Wednesday.
Pensacola lost 4-3. Box Score
- Beau Amaral went 1-4 with an RBI.
- Alex Blandino went 1-4 with a double, run and an RBI.
- Sebastian Elizalde went 1-4 with a run.
- Brandon Dixon went 1-1 as a late inning replacement.
- Sal Romano allowed 3 runs in 5.2 innings with 2 walks and 5 strikeouts.
- Carlos Gonzalez threw a perfect inning of relief.
Biloxi would get on the board with a single run in the 3rd inning, but the Blue Wahoos tied things up int he top of the 4th after Alex Blandino doubled and later scored on a ground out. The Shuckers took the lead right back with another run in the bottom of the inning. It didn’t last long as Pensacola scored twice in the top of the 5th on a single by Beau Amaral and a ground out by Alex Blandino. That was the last time they would score, but Biloxi wasn’t finished, scoring single runs in the 6th and 7th and would hold on to win 4-3. Pensacola plays at 11:40am on Wednesday.
Daytona lost 4-1. Box Score
- Blake Butler went 1-3 with a double and a run.
- Chad Tromp went 1-3 with a double and an RBI.
- Keury Mella allowed 1 earned in 5.2 innings with 3 walks and 5 strikeouts.
- Ismael Guillon was charged with an unearned run in 1.1 innings with a walk and 3 strikeouts.
The 3rd inning started out with back-to-back doubles by Blake Butler and Chad Tromp to put Daytona up 1-0. That would be the last time they score. Clearwater was able to tie the game up in the 4th and took the lead for good in the 6th with a single run. They would pad the lead with single runs in the following two innings, going on to win 4-1. The Tortugas play at noon on Wednesday.
Dayton won 9-4. Box Score
- Shane Mardirosian went 1-4 with a walk and RBI.
- Luis Gonzalez went 2-5 with a double, run and an RBI.
- James Vasquez went 2-5 with a home run (2), 2 run and 2 RBI.
- Ed Charlton went 2-5 with a double and an RBI.
- Shedric Long went 1-3 with 2 walks and 2 runs.
- Jose Siri went 2-5 with 2 runs.
- Austin Orewiler threw 2.1 shutout innings with 2 walks and 2 strikeouts.
The game was scoreless until the 4th inning. The Dragons would bat around and score five runs. Great Lakes would score two runs in the bottom of the 5th inning to cut the lead to 5-2. Dayton would score a run in the 7th, but the Loons would make it 6-4 with two more runs in the bottom of the frame. That was as close as it would get though, as Dayton scored a run in the 8th and two more in the 9th inning and would win 9-4.
4/20/16 Game Preview
|Team||1st half||2nd half||Time (EST)||Probable||Box Score||Listen Live||Watch Live|
Top 25 Daily Rundown (Based on Pre-Season Rankings)
|1||Robert Stephenson||MLB||7IP, 3H, 1ER, 2BB, 3K.|
|2||Jesse Winker||AAA||0-4, BB.|
|7||Jose Peraza||AAA||0-4, K.|
|8||Phillip Ervin||AA||0-4, K.|
|9||Alex Blandino||AA||1-4, 2B, run, RBI.|
|10||Sal Romano||AA||5.2IP, 9H, 3ER, 2BB, 5K.|
|12||Keury Mella||A+||5.2IP, 7H, 1ER, 3BB, 5K.|
|14||Tyler Mahle||A+||7.0IP, 3H, 1ER, 0BB, 9K.|
|17||Taylor Sparks||A+||0-3, 2K.|
|19||Jose Lopez||A||6.0IP, 3H, 4ER, 2BB, 7K.|
|21||Eric Jagielo||AA||0-3, BB, K.|
|22||Aristides Aquino||A+||0-4, K.|
|23||Kyle Waldrop||AAA||1-4, K.|