Louisville won 8-3. Box Score
- Jose Peraza went 3-4 with 2 doubles, a walk, a home run (1), 2 runs and 3 RBI.
- Jesse Winker went 3-4 with a double and a walk.
- Steve Selsky went 0-2 with 3 walks and a run.
- Bryson Smith went 1-3 with a double, RBI and 2 runs.
- Chris Berset went 1-4 with an RBI and a run.
- Josh Smith allowed 2 runs in 6.0 innings with a walk and 5 strikeouts.
- Steve Delabar was charged with an unearned run in 2. innings with a walk and 2 strikeouts.
The duo of Jesse Winker and Jose Peraza had a big night for the Bats offense. Both had three hits and a walk, with Peraza smacking two doubles and a home run and Winker adding a double. The pitching was strong, starting with 6.0 innings from Josh Smith. He was followed by Steve Delabar and Jumbo Diaz who finished the game out for the Bats 11th win, and their 5th win in a row.
Pensacola lost 4-0. Box Score
- Tony Renda went 2-4 with a triple.
- Wandy Peralta threw a shutout inning with a strikeout.
- Barrett Astin threw a shutout inning of relief.
Sal Romano had a strong start going, allowing just two runs through six innings, but the first two batters of the 7th inning reached before he was removed for a reliever. Both runners would come around to score and be charged to the right hander who allowed four hits and two walks in those 6.0+ innings with seven strikeouts. It wasn’t of much consequence though as the Blue Wahoos offense couldn’t get going on Thursday night, managing just three hits in the game as they were shutout.
Daytona lost 5-2. Box Score
- Aristides Aquino went 1-3 with a walk.
- Taylor Sparks went 2-4 with an RBI.
- Jeff Gelalich went 1-3 with an RBI.
- Jonathan Reynoso went 1-3 with a walk.
- Ismael Guillon threw 1.2 perfect innings with a strikeout.
- Seth Varner threw a perfect inning with a strikeout.
- Brennan Bernardino threw a shutout inning with 2 strikeouts.
Clearwater jumped out to a 1-0 lead in the 3rd inning on a solo home run. Daytona would tie things up in the next inning when a sac fly brought in Brian O’Grady. That’s where things stayed until the top of the 6th when the Threshers rallied for four runs to open up a 5-1 lead. Taylor Sparks singled in Brian O’Grady in the 8th to cut into the lead, but it was all they would get, falling to 7-14 on the season.
Dayton lost 2-0. Box Score
- Mitch Trees went 1-3.
- Austin Orewiler threw 4.0 shutout innings with a walk and a strikeout.
- Conor Krauss was charged with 2 unearned runs in 2.0 innings with 3 strikeouts.
- Manuel Aybar threw 2.0 hitless innings with a walk and 3 strikeouts.
- Michael Sullivan threw a perfect inning with a strikeout.
The pitching showed up for both teams on Thursday night. Unfortunately for Dayton, it was an error that came back to haunt them in a game that only had four hits between the two teams. In the 5th inning a set of errors led to two unearned runs and those two runs would be the only runs of the game. Mitch Trees had a single in the 3rd inning that accounted for the Dragons only hit. Austin Orewiler, starting on short notice after Anthony DeSclafani was pushed back a day on his rehab stint for Dayton, was outstanding, allowing just three base runners in four shutout frames.
4/29/16 Game Preview
|Team||1st half||2nd half||Time (EST)||Probable||Box Score||Listen Live||Watch Live|
Top 25 Daily Rundown (Based on Pre-Season Rankings)
|2||Jesse Winker||AAA||3-4, 2B, BB.|
|7||Jose Peraza||AAA||3-4, 2B, BB, HR, 3 RBI.|
|10||Sal Romano||AA||6.0IP, 4H, 4ER, 2BB, 7K.|
|17||Taylor Sparks||A+||2-4, RBI.|
|21||Eric Jagielo||AA||0-4, 2K.|
|22||Aristides Aquino||A+||1-3, BB.|
|23||Kyle Waldrop||AAA||1-5, run, K.|