Louisville lost 4-1, won 3-0 in a double header.
Game 1: 4-1 loss. Box Score
- Hernan Iribarren went 1-2 with a walk and an RBI.
- Steve Selsky went 0-1 with 2 walks.
- Seth Mejias-Brean went 1-3 with a double and a run.
- Juan Perez went 1-3.
Robert Stephenson struggled with his control in the game and it came back to get him on the day. Toledo scored four runs between the 2nd and the 4th inning as they jumped out to a 4-0 lead. The Bats would grab a run in the top of the 5th, but that was all they would manage in game one, falling 4-1.
Game 2: 3-0 win. Box Score
- Jose Peraza went 2-3 with a double, walk and an RBI.
- Jesse Winker went 2-3 with with a run and an RBI.
- Jermaine Curtis went 1-3 with a walk, steal and an RBI.
- Steve Selsky went 2-4 with a double.
- Carlos Triunfel went 3-3 with a walk and a run.
- Chris Berset went 1-4 with a run.
- Hernan Iribarren went 1-2.
- Keyvius Sampson threw 6.0 shutout innings with 6 strikeouts.
- Jumbo Diaz threw a perfect inning with 3 strikeouts.
Jesse Winker scored on a Jermaine Curtis single in the top of the 1st inning to put Louisville on top. Jose Peraza singled in Carlos Triunfel in the 2nd and Jesse Winker followed with a sac fly that made it 3-0. That was all the Bats would need as Keyvius Sampson was dominant in a spot start, throwing 6.0 shutout innings with six strikeouts before handing the game over to Jumbo Diaz who struck out all three batters he faced to pick up the save.
Pensacola lost 12-3. Box Score
- Tony Renda went 1-4 with a walk and a run.
- Kyle Parker went 1-3 with an RBI and a run.
- Donald Lutz went 1-4 with a double.
- Calten Daal went 1-2 with 2 walks.
- Nick Routt threw 3.0 shutout innings with 4 strikeouts.
Pensacola took an early lead in the top of the 2nd by scoring a run. The Lookouts got it back and then some in the 3rd, scoring five runs and then added to it in the 4th with two more as they jumped out to a 7-1 lead. They didn’t look back as they continued to add on, taking a 12-3 win.
Daytona lost 8-3. Box Score
- Blake Trahan went 1-3 with a double, steal and a walk.
- Brian O’Grady went 1-4 with a solo home run (3).
- Ty Washington went 2-3 with a triple and 2 runs.
- Jonathan Reynoso went 1-2 with an RBI.
- Brennan Bernardino threw 1.1 shutout innings with a walk and 3 strikeouts.
Brevard County got on the board first, taking a 3-0 lead in the 3rd inning. The Tortugas scored a run in the bottom of the 3rd, but the Manatees got it back and added another one in the next frame. They wouldn’t look back as they continued to add on throughout the game and held on for an 8-3 win.
Dayton was rained out. Double header on Tuesday.
5/10/16 Game Preview
|Team||1st half||2nd half||Time (EST)||Probable||Box Score||Listen Live||Watch Live|
Top 25 Daily Rundown (Based on Pre-Season Rankings)
|1||Robert Stephenson||AAA||6IP, 7H, 4ER, 5BB, 2K.|
|2||Jesse Winker||AAA||2-5, BB, RBI, run.|
|7||Jose Peraza||AAA||2-6, 2B, RBI, BB.|
|8||Phillip Ervin||AA||0-3, HBP, K.|
|9||Alex Blandino||AA||1-5, 2B, run, K.|
|10||Sal Romano||AA||3IP, 9H, 6ER, 0BB, 4K.|
|16||Scott Schebler||AAA||0-7, 3K.|
|21||Eric Jagielo||AA||0-4, K.|
|22||Aristides Aquino||A+||0-4, 3K.|