Today is Patreon preview Saturday. I’m in Greeneville and I’ve got a lot of stuff I’d like to still do tonight before going to bed, so instead of writing a completely separate post, you guys get a free preview. Below is what those who support the website over on Patreon.com/RedsMinorLeagues got emailed to them after the games were over on Monday night with additional notes from the games. Patreon supporters get these emails every day for their support of the site that helps keep the website going. If you wanted to check that out, click on the orange Patreon banner above this.
The Bats lost 8-4 on Friday night, falling to 30-46 on the season. Box Score
- Mason Williams went 2-5 with a home run and he had 2 RBI. His home run went an estimated 419 feet. It was his 5th of the year.
- Gabby Guerrero went 1-4. He threw a runner out at third base.
- D.J. Peterson went 2-4 with a solo home run. It was his team best 9th of the year. It was bark in the park night and his home run just missed a lucky doggo just beyond the center field wall.
- Phillip Ervin went 2-3 with a walk and an RBI. He also threw out a runner at the plate.
- Chad Tromp went 1-4 with a double.
- Blake Trahan went 0-2 with 2 walks and he scored a run.
- Cody Reed didn’t have a good 1st inning. He allowed 7 runs, all earned, in the frame. He settled in after that, tossing 7.0 innings with 8 earned, 3 walks, and he had 8 strikeouts – in what has to be one of the weirder game lines you will see.
- Zach Neal threw a perfect inning of relief.
Pensacola Blue Wahoos
The Blue Wahoos won 3-2 on Friday night, improving to 36-40 on the season. Box Score
- Shed Long went 1-3 with a double. He’s now hitting .275/.367/.438 on the season with 24 extra-base hits.
- Mitch Nay went 2-4 with a solo home run and he scored 2 runs. The home runs was his 1st in Pensacola (this was just his 2nd game there), and his 1st since he last homered in April with Daytona.
- Gavin LaValley went 1-3 with a walk.
- Aristides Aquino went 2-4 with a double and an RBI.
- Taylor Sparks went 1-3.
- Chris Okey went 1-3 with a double, a walk, and he scored a run.
- Wyatt Strahan allowed 2 runs in 7.0 innings with 2 walks and 8 strikeouts.He threw 92 pitches with 62 strikes, and had 7 ground outs with 3 fly outs. The 8 strikeouts were the most of the season for Strahan.
- Alejandro Chacin threw 2.0 perfect innings with a strikeout. He lowered his ERA to 3.18 on the season.
The Tortugas were postponed by rain. Double header on Saturday afternoon.
The Dragons lost 4-1 on Friday night, falling to 35-42 on the season. Box Score
- Jose Garcia went 1-4.
- Alejo Lopez went 1-3 with a double, walk, and he scored a run. He’s hitting .313 since joining the Dragons 2 weeks ago.
- Jeter Downs went 2-3 with a walk.
- Leandro Santana went 1-4.
- Mark Kolozsvary went 1-4 with a double. He also stole his 2nd base of the season.
- Montrell Marshall went 1-4 with a double.
- Packy Naughton threw 6.0 shutout innings with 3 strikeouts.
The Mustangs lost 1-0 in 10 innings on Friday night, falling to 4-9 on the season. Box Score
- Dylan Harris went 3-4 with 2 doubles and a stolen base. He’s 7-10 with 3 doubles to begin his professional career.
- Pabel Manzanero went 2-4.
- Drew Mount went 1-4.
- Bren Spillane went 0-2 with 2 walks.
- Luis Alecis threw 7.0 shutout innings, allowing just 1 hit and he walked 2 batters. He also struck out 9. He threw 84 pitches with 54 strikes, and had 4 ground outs and had 5 fly outs. In 15.0 innings over 3 starts with the Mustangs he’s struck out 20 batters with 7 walks.
- Andy Cox threw a hitless inning with a walk and a strikeout.
- Dauri Moreta was charged with an unearned run in 1.1 innings with a walk and 2 strikeouts.
The Reds lost 21-10 on Friday night, falling to 3-6 on the season. Box Score
- Nate Scantlin went 0-3 with 2 walks, an RBI, and he scored 2 runs. He’s hitting .357/.457/.429 through 9 games played with Greeneville.
- Jonathan Willems went 2-5 with a walk, run, and he had an RBI. He’s hitting .371 on the season.
- Reniel Ozuna went 1-4 with a walk and he scored 2 runs.
- Cash Case went 2-5 with a game tying 3-run home run, and he scored 2 runs. I’ll have some video of it up on the site soon. It was his 1st home run of the season.
- Miguel Hernandez went 1-4 with a run and an RBI.
- Zeke White went 1-3 with a run scored.
- Victor Ruiz went 3-5.
- Satchel McElroy went 1-1 with a double and a run scored and a late game replacement.
- The pitching did not have a good night.
The Reds won 8-2 on Friday night, improving to 3-7 on the season. Box Score
- Danielito Remy went 1-5 with a double and a run scored. The double extended his hit streak to 6 games. He’s hitting .323 this season.
- Reyny Reyes went 1-4 with a double and an RBI. He’s had a hit in all 9 games played this season and is now hitting .342.
- Cristian Olivo went 1-3 with a walk, stole 2 bases, and he scored 2 runs.
- Edwin Yon went 1-3 with a walk, run scored, and he had an RBI.
- Danny Lantigua went 2-4 with a double, run scored, and he had an RBI. The 19-year-old now has eight extra-base hits in 10 games played. He’s also been playing center field.
- Debby Santana went 1-4 with a 2-run home run. It was his 3rd homer of the year in just 9 games. He’s 17-years-old.
- Carlos Reina went 1-4 with a solo home run. It was his 1st home run of the season. He’s hitting .308.
- Luis Lopez went 2-4 with a solo home run. It was his 1st home run of the year, and the 1st of his career. He was the Reds 33rd round pick in the 2018 draft out of Puerto Rico.
- Orlando Noriega was charged with an unearned run in 3.0 innings with no walks and with 6 strikeouts. He now has 2 walks and 14 strikeouts in 9.1 innings this season. He’s a 19-year-old right-handed pitcher.
- Zack Weiss, rehabbing, threw a shutout inning with 2 strikeouts.
- Jorge Mallen threw a perfect inning with a strikeout.
- Reinardo Mota threw a shutout inning with a strikeout.
- Jeffry Nino was charged with an unearned run in an inning of work with a walk.
- Omar Conoropo threw 2.0 perfect innings with 4 strikeouts.
The Reds won 7-4 on Friday afternoon, improving to 11-13 on the year. Box Score
- Ranser Amador went 3-3 with a solo home run. It was the 1st of the year for the outfielder.
- Fidel Castro went 1-3 with a triple, walk, and he scored 2 runs.
- Darlin Guzman went 3-4 with a double, triple, 2 runs scored, and he had 2 RBI. The 17-year-old outfielder is hitting .327/.367/.655 on the year in 16 games played.
- Allan Beltre threw 3.2 shutout innings with 2 strikeouts. He lowered his ERA to 1.83 on the season.
Top 25 Prospect Rundown
6/30 Game Preview
|Team||1st half||2nd half||Time (ET)||Probable||Box Score||Listen Live||Watch Live|