If you aren’t signed up to support the site through Patreon yet, you can do that today and start getting emails each morning with notes and updates from each game (and other perks, including a rundown of how each of the Reds Top 25 prospects performed the night before). Here’s a free preview of what you could be getting every morning in your inbox.
The Bats won 6-1 on Sunday afternoon, improving to 35-50 on the year. Box Score
- Mason Williams went 1-5. He was named to the International League All-Star team over the weekend as a replacement for someone who was unavailable.
- Phillip Ervin went 2-4 with 2 RBI as he continues to just destroy the baseball. He’s up to .288/.373/.473 on the season in 41 games with the Bats and he’s at .444 over his last 10 games – 7 games of which are multi-hit games.
- Brandon Dixon went 2-4 with a double and a run scored. He’s 4-12 since coming back from Cincinnati.
- Gabby Guerrero went 2-4 with a solo home run and 2 runs scored. The home run was an opposite field blast and his 8th of the season.
- Josh VanMeter went 2-4 with an RBI.
- Nick Longhi went 2-4 with a double and a run scored.
- Stuart Turner went 3-4 with a run scored and an RBI.
- Blake Trahan went 1-4 with a run and he had an RBI.
- Keury Mella was charged with an unearned run in 5.0 innings with 2 walks and 4 strikeouts. He threw 84 pitches with 55 strikes, and had 5 ground outs with 4 fly outs. His fastball was working in the 93-95 MPH range on the day. This was his first start at Triple-A this season. He had one previous start in Triple-A, back in 2016, in the final game of the year as a spot starter when the Bats lost players to September call ups.
- Homer Bailey pitched out of the bullpen for the first time on rehab. He threw 2.0 shutout innings, allowing a hit, walking 2, and he struck out a batter. He threw 42 pitches with 25 strikes in the game.
- Domingo Tapia threw a hitless inning with a walk.
- Jimmy Herget threw a hitless inning with 2 walks.
Pensacola Blue Wahoos
The Blue Wahoos won 2-1 on Sunday evening, improving to 43-42 on the season. Box Score
- TJ Friedl went 1-3 with a double, walk, and he scored a run. He just keeps on doing what he’s been doing – he’s hitting .311/.408/.410 with Pensacola after hitting .294/.405/.412 with Daytona.
- Jose Siri went 1-4.
- Mitch Nay went 1-4 with an RBI.
- Brian O’Grady went 2-4 with a double, steal, and he scored a run. Over his last 29 games he’s been raking – posting a .316/.391/.540 line for the Blue Wahoos.
- Taylor Sparks went 2-2 with a walk, 2 stolen bases, and he had an RBI.
- Chris Okey went 1-3.
- Tony Santillan allowed 1 earned in 6.0 innings with a walk and 5 strikeouts in his Double-A debut. He threw 89 pitches with 57 strikes, and had 7 ground outs with 2 fly outs.
- Joel Bender threw 2.0 hitless innings with 4 strikeouts. He’s allowed 1 earned in 11.1 innings this season with 3 walks and 11 strikeouts since coming back from his suspension.
- Alex Powers threw a shutout inning. He lowered his ERA to 2.70 on the season.
The Blue Wahoos are now 13-4 in the second half of the season.
Daytona won 5-1 on Sunday afternoon, improving to 47-35 on the year. Box Score
- Randy Ventura went 1-3 with a walk and a run scored. He’s hitting .321/.377/.357 since joining Daytona three weeks ago.
- Brantley Bell went 2-4 with a run scored and 2 RBI.
- Taylor Trammell went 1-4 with a steal, a run scored, and he drove in a run.
- Tyler Stephenson went 1-3 with a walk.
- Bruce Yari went 2-4 with a double and he had an RBI.
- Ibandel Isabel went 1-4 with a run scored.
- Michael Beltre went 1-2 with a walk and he scored a run.
- Tommy Bergjans threw 7.0 shutout innings with a walk and 3 strikeouts. He threw 77 pitches with 55 strikes, and had 4 ground outs with 8 fly outs.He lowered his ERA to 2.93 in 5 starts with the Tortugas.
- Michael Byrne allowed a run in an inning with a strikeout. This was his professional debut – he was the Reds 14th round pick this year.
- Nick Howard threw a hitless inning with 2 walks and a strikeout.
The Dragons lost 7-5 on Sunday afternoon, falling to 39-47 on the season. Box Score
- Jose Garcia went 2-4 with a walk, double, and he scored a run. He’s hitting .300 over his last 10 games played with 5 walks.
- Lorenzo Cedrola went 3-5 with a double, 2 steals, and he scored a run.
- Jeter Downs went 2-3 with a walk, 2 steals, a run scored, and he had an RBI. He now has 25 steals on the season.
- Andy Sugilio went 1-3 with a walk, run scored, and he had 2 RBI.
- Hendrik Clementina went 2-4 with a home run and 2 RBI. It was his 11th home run of the year. It went over 400 feet to dead center field.
- Wendolyn Bautista allowed 2 earned in 5.0 innings with 3 walks and 7 strikeouts. Making a spot start he threw 83 pitches with 53 strikes, and had 2 ground outs with 4 fly outs.
The Mustangs lost 6-3 on Sunday evening, falling to 9-15 on the season. Box Score
- Dylan Harris went 1-4 with a run scored.
- Reshard Munroe went 2-3 with a walk, steal, home run, 2 runs scored, and he had 2 RBI. He’s hitting .338/.413/.493 this season in 21 games played with 7 walks and 16 strikeouts.
- Bren Spillane went 0-2 with 2 walks.
- Pabel Manzanero went 2-4 with an RBI.
- Jared Solomon was charged with an unearned run in 5.0 innings with a walk and 7 strikeouts. He threw 78 pitches with 54 strikes, and he had 4 ground outs with 4 fly outs. He now has a 1.00 ERA through 5 starts, spanning 27.0 innings this season with just 14 hits allowed, 7 walks, and he has 30 strikeouts.
- Eddy Demurias threw a hitless inning with a walk.
The Reds lost 4-2 on Sunday afternoon, falling to 5-12 on the season. Box Score
- Hunter Oliver went 1-4 with a run scored.
- Reniel Ozuna went 1-4.
- Rylan Thomas went 1-3 with a solo home run. It was his 2nd home run of the season.
- Jose Tello went 1-2 with a walk and an RBI.
- Jacob Heatherly threw 4.0 shutout innings, allowing 1 hit, walking 6 and striking out 5. He threw 90 pitches with 51 strikes, and had 4 ground outs with 3 fly outs.
- Mike Siani went 0-3 and was hit by a pitch.
- Jonathan India went 0-4. He reportedly made two outstanding defensive plays at third base.
The Reds won 3-1 on Sunday night, improving to 5-12 on the season. Box Score
- Danielito Remy went 1-4 with a double. He’s hitting .339/.362/.482 through 14 games this season. 20-year-old second baseman.
- Danny Lantigua went 1-4 with a solo home run. It was his 4th homer of the year. The 19-year-old is slugging .590 through 16 games, but had a .263 average and a .295 on-base percentage.
- Victor Ruiz went 2-2 with a walk and a run scored.
- Carlos Reina went 1-3 with a double and a run scored.
- Debby Santana had a pinch-hit RBI double.
- Carlos Carreno allowed a run in 2.0 innings with a walk and a strikeout.
- Daniel De La Fuente threw 4.0 hitless innings of relief with 2 walks and 4 strikeouts.
- Alberto Gonzalez threw 1.1 shutout innings with a walk and 2 strikeouts.
- Frainger Aranguren threw 1.2 perfect innings with 3 strikeouts.
Patreon emails also include a rundown each day of how the Top 25 Prospects performed, but since this post will be published before the release of the updated Top 25 that is in these emails, it’s not being included here on the site (you’ll have to wait an hour after this is posted before the Top 25 goes live – but it’s also 1:30am, so this probably won’t apply to many of you).
7/9 Game Preview
|Team||1st half||2nd half||Time (ET)||Probable||Box Score||Listen Live||Watch Live|