If you aren’t signed up to support the site through Patreon yet, you can do that today and start getting emails each morning with notes and updates from each game (and other perks, including a rundown of how each of the Reds Top 25 prospects performed the night before). During the offseason, which is coming up quickly, you’ll get early access to the updated prospect lists, as well as early access to the scouting reports that accompany the lists (and the 50-75 that will follow beyond the Top 25). Here’s a preview of what the Patreon email looks like on a daily basis.
The Bats lost 4-0 on Sunday afternoon, falling to 52-64 on the year. Box Score
- C.J. McElroy went 1-4.
- Gabriel Guerrero went 1-3 with a walk.
- Nick Longhi went 1-3.
- Brian O’Grady went 1-1. He’s hitting .314/.351/.557 in 21 games played since being promoted from Double-A Pensacola.
- Jose Lopez allowed 4 runs in 5.0 innings with 2 walks and 4 strikeouts. He threw 97 pitches with 65 strikes, and had 4 ground outs with 5 fly outs.
- Brandon Finnegan threw 2.0 shutout innings with a walk and 2 strikeouts.
- Domingo Tapia threw a perfect inning with a strikeout.
- Austin Brice threw a shutout inning with a strikeout.
Pensacola Blue Wahoos
The Blue Wahoos lost 9-4 on Sunday evening, falling to 61-56 on the year. Box Score
- Aristides Aquino went 2-4 with a solo home run. It was his 18th homer of the year. Since July began he’s walked 17 times with just 31 strikeouts. In April through June he had 15 walks and 70 strikeouts.
- Taylor Featherston went 2-4 with a triple.
- Gavin LaValley went 1-4 with a run scored.
- Luis Gonzalez went 1-4.
- Chris Okey went 3-4 with a run and an RBI.
- Daniel Sweet went 1-4 with a 2-run home run. It was his 6th homer of the year. It was also his 2nd consecutive game with a home run for Pensacola. He hadn’t homered in any of his other 34 games with the Blue Wahoos this season.
- Wyatt Strahan allowed 3 earned in 5.2 innings with 4 walks and 4 strikeouts. He was charged with 3 unearned runs, too. He threw 100 pitches with 57 strikes, and he had 8 ground outs with 6 fly outs.
- Robinson Leyer threw a hitless inning with 2 walks and a strikeout.
The Tortugas were rained out. The game will not be made up.
The Dragons lost 1-0 on Sunday afternoon, falling to 51-66 on the year. Box Score
- Lorenzo Cedrola went 1-4.
- Andy Sugilio went 1-4 with a double.
- Reshard Munroe went 0-1 with 2 walks and a stolen base.
- Leandro Santana went 1-3.
- Packy Naughton threw 5.0 shutout innings with a walk and 7 strikeouts. He threw 80 pitches with 53 strikes, and had 2 ground outs with 3 fly outs. His ERA dropped to 4.28 on the season with 31 walks and 116 strikeouts in 130.1 innings.
- Miguel Aguilar threw a hitless inning with 2 walks and a strikeout.
- Ryan Nutof threw 2.0 shutout innings with a walk.
Great Lakes scored a run in the bottom of the 9th for the walk-off win.
The Mustangs lost 15-11 on Sunday afternoon, falling to 27-26 on the season. Box Score
- Zeek White went 2-3 with a walk, was hit by a pitch, tripled, and he scored 4 runs.
- Drew Mount went 3-4 with a walk, double, stole a base, scored 3 runs, and he drove in 5. He’s hitting .382/.417/.618 in August.
- Mariel Bautista went 1-5 with a double and 2 RBI.
- Pabel Manzanero went 2-5 with a double and 3 RBI.
- Jay Schuyler went 2-3 with a walk and a run scored.
- Juan Martinez went 2-3 with a walk, 2 runs scored, and he had a solo home run. It was the 5th home run of the season for Martinez. He’s now hitting .302/.355/.531 in 28 games with the Mustangs this season.
- Carlos Rivero went 1-4 with a run scored.
- Ricky Salinas allowed 3 runs in 5.0 innings with 5 strikeouts. He threw 69 pitches with 46 strikes and had 5 ground outs with 4 fly outs.
- Matt Pidich threw 2.0 shutout innings of relief with a strikeout.
Ogden scored 9 runs in the top of the 8th inning to erase a 9-3 deficit, then added 3 more runs in the top of the 9th to take a 15-9 lead. The Mustangs scored 2 runs in the bottom of the 9th but couldn’t complete the comeback.
The Reds won 9-5 on Sunday evening, improving to 20-30 on the season. Box Score
- Mike Siani went 2-3 with a walk, run scored, and he had an RBI. He’s now hitting .333 on the season.
- Claudio Finol went 1-4 with a steal, run scored, and he had an RBI.
- Rylan Thomas went 1-4 with a home run and 3 RBI. The home run was his 10th of the year.
- Reniel Ozuna went 2-4 with a run scored.
- Miguel Hernandez went 1-4 with an RBI and he scored a run.
- Edwin Yon went 1-1 with a run scored and 2 RBI as a pinch hitter.
- Lyon Richardson allowed 2 runs in 3.2 innings with a walk and 4 strikeouts. He threw 67 pitches with 40 strikes.
- Eduardo Salazar allowed 3 runs in 5.1 innings with 2 walks and 3 strikeouts.
The Reds had the day off
The DSL does not play on Sundays
Top 25 Prospect Rundown
8/13 Game Preview
|Team||1st half||2nd half||Time (ET)||Probable||Box Score||Listen Live||Watch Live|