If you are interested in getting emailed every day during the season with additional game notes and a rundown on how the Cincinnati Reds Top 25 Prospects performed (along with other perks) you can sign up to support the site through Patreon and get all of that for as low as $1 a month. If that’s something that sounds interesting you can get more information here. Here’s a free preview of what kind of email you’d have waiting for you in your inbox each morning.
The Louisville Bats had the day off.
The Chattanooga Lookouts split a double header, losing 7-6, winning 4-2.
Game 1: 7-6 loss. Box Score
- TJ Friedl went 0-2 with a walk, he was hit by a pitch, and he scored 2 runs.
- Jose Siri went 2-4 with a double, home run (2), 2 runs scored, and he had 4 RBI. The home run was an opposite field blast that tied the game up and came off of Major Leaguer Mike Montgomery who was on a rehab assignment.
- Taylor Trammell went 1-3 with a steal, run, and an RBI. The steal was his 4th of the season.
- Ibandel Isabel went 1-3.
- Tyler Stephenson went 1-3 with an RBI.
- Brantley Bell went 1-3.
- Victor Payano threw a shutout inning of relief.
Game 2: 4-2 win. Box Score
- Narciso Crook went 1-3 with a walk, double, and a run scored.
- Taylor Trammell went 1-3 with an RBI.
- Brantley Bell went 2-2 with a walk, double, home run (2), and he scored 2 runs.
- Chris Okey went 1-3 with an RBI.
- Luis Gonzalez went 1-3.
- Johendi Jiminian allowed 2 earned runs in 4.0 innings with 2 walks and a strikeout. He threw 63 pitches with 38 strikes in a spot start.
- Ryan Hendrix threw 2.0 shutout innings with a walk and a strikeout as he kept his ERA at 0.00 on the season in 7.2 innings with 8 strikeouts.
- Alex Powers threw a shutout inning with a strikeout.
The game ended on an interesting play. With a runner on 3rd and 1 out, a fly ball was hit to Jose Siri in center. He caught it and fired home – but the runner easily beat the throw, making it a 4-3 game with 2 outs. But the Lookouts appealed to 3rd base and the runner was ruled to have left early – making the game end on a double play on a play where the runner beat the throw by 20 feet.
The Daytona Tortugas won 5-0. Box Score
- Randy Ventura went 2-4 with 2 runs scored.
- Alejo Lopez went 3-4 with a double, run scored, and he had 2 RBI. He extended his hitting streak to 9 games and is now hitting .373 on the season.
- Jonathan India went 2-4 with an RBI.
- Bruce Yari went 1-3 with a double, run scored, and he had an RBI.
- Hendrik Clementina went 1-4.
- Miles Gordon went 1-3 with a double and an RBI.
- Packy Naughton allowed 3 hits and a walk in 6.0 shutout innings with 9 strikeouts. He threw 84 pitches with 54 strikes and had 5 ground outs with 3 fly outs. His ERA dropped to 1.90 on the season. He now has 27 strikeouts and just 3 walks on the season in 23.2 innings pitched through 4 starts for Daytona. Naughton topped out at 95 MPH – and that pitch came during his final inning of work.
- Aneurys Zabala threw 2.0 shutout innings with a walk and 3 strikeouts. He dropped his ERA to 2.61 in 10.1 innings and now has 10 strikeouts on the season.
- Ryan Nutof threw a shutout inning with 2 strikeouts.
The Dayton Dragons lost 5-4. Box Score
- Mariel Bautista went 2-5 with a home run (4) and 2 RBI. His home run reportedly hit half-way up the light tower beyond the stands (8 rows of seating) in left field.
- Miguel Hernandez went 1-4 with a run scored.
- Jay Schuyler went 1-3 with a walk.
- Pabel Manzanero went 2-4 with an RBI.
- Michael Siani went 1-4.
- Reniel Ozuna went 1-4 with a solo home run (1).
- Jonathan Willems went 2-4 with a double and a run scored.
- Jhon De Jesus allowed a run in 4.2 innings with 2 walks and 4 strikeouts. He threw 73 pitches with 46 strikes, and had 4 ground outs with 5 fly outs. His ERA dropped to 3.32 through 4 starts.
The Top 25 Prospect Rundown
4/23 Game Preview
|Team||1st half||2nd half||Time (ET)||Probable||Box Score||Listen Live||Watch Live|