Today gets everyone a free preview of what goes out to those who support the site on Patreon every day. It’s similar to the normal game reviews, but it comes with additional notes on the players and sometimes on the games. It also comes with a rundown of how each of the Top 25 Prospects in the organization performed the night before. For as little as $1 a month you can get this emailed to you every morning (this is one of a few perks). If that’s something that sounds interesting you can get more information here.
The Louisville Bats won 3-1. Box Score
- Narciso Crook went 1-4. He extended his hitting streak to 8 games. He’s hitting .324/.379/.603 through 59 games with Louisville.
- Rob Refsnyder went 1-4 with a double.
- Alex Blandino went 2-3 with a double, run scored, and he had an RBI. He extended his hitting streak to 7 games. This was his 3rd multi-hit game in his last 4 games.
- Chadwick Tromp went 1-2 with a walk and 2-run home run (7). He’s homered in 5 straight games, and he’s got 7 home runs in 10 games this year since being activated with Louisville from the injured list after having surgery on his shoulder last year.
- Mitch Nay went 1-3.
- Blake Trahan went 1-3.
- Jesus Reyes threw 4.0 shutout innings with 3 walks and 3 strikeouts. He threw 62 pitches with 39 strikes, and had 7 ground outs with 1 fly out.
- Jackson Stephens allowed a run in 2.0 innings with 3 strikeouts.
- Joe Mantiply threw a perfect inning of relief.
- Matt Bowman threw 2.0 perfect innings of relief with 3 strikeouts. He lowered his ERA to 2.30 in 31.1 innings with Louisville this year.
The Chattanooga Lookouts lost 8-2. Box Score
- Alfredo Rodriguez went 1-4 with a walk and a double.
- Stuart Fairchild went 1-4 with a walk, double, and he scored a run.
- Gavin LaValley went 1-5 with a run scored.
- Jonathan India went 1-2 with a walk and an RBI.
- Ibandel Isabel went 2-3 and he was hit by a pitch. He’s hitting .344 over his last 10 games.
- Tyler Stephenson went 1-3 with a walk and an RBI. He’s hitting .375 over his last 10 games.
- Brantley Bell went 1-4.
- Tyler Jay allowed a run in 3.0 innings with 2 walks and 4 strikeouts.
- Cory Thompson was charged with 2 unearned runs in 1.0 innings of work with 2 walks and a strikeout.
- Jesse Stallings threw a perfect inning with a strikeout.
The Daytona Tortugas lost 7-1. Box Score
- Jameson Hannah went 2-4 with a walk, triple, and he scored a run. This was his organizational debut after being acquired at the trade deadline for Tanner Roark.
- Jose Garcia went 2-4 with a double and an RBI. He now has 28 doubles on the year to go with a triple and 5 home runs in 81 games played.
- Pabel Manzanero went 1-4.
- Bryant Flete went 1-3 with a walk.
- Lorenzo Cedrola went 1-4.
- Mac Sceroler allowed 2 runs in 6.0 innings with 3 hits, 2 walks, and he struck out 3 batters. He threw 96 pitches with 57 strikes and had 5 ground outs with 8 fly outs. He’s posted a 2.35 ERA over his last 4 starts where he’s walked 5 batters and struck out 21 in 23.0 innings.
- Dauri Moreta threw a shutout inning with a walk. He lowered his ERA to 1.83 on the year and now has just 9 walks to go with 50 strikeouts in 44.1 innings.
The Dayton Dragons lost 5-1. Box Score
- Mariel Bautista went 1-4. He’s now riding a 5 game hitting streak.
- Brian Rey went 1-3 with a walk. He’s walked as many time as he’s struck out over his last 10 games – 5 times.
- Morgan Lofstrom went 1-4.
- Juan Martinez went 2-4 with a solo home run (6). This was his 1st home run since July 1st. He’s walked 12 times with just 4 strikeouts over his last 10 games.
- Cameron Warren went 1-4.
- Jhon De Jesus allowed a run in 2.0 innings with 3 strikeouts. He threw 55 pitches in his outing.
- Adrian Rodriguez allowed 2 earned in 4.0 innings with 2 walks and 5 strikeouts.
The Billings Mustangs won 9-1, lost 3-0 in a double header.
Game 1: 9-1 win. Box Score
- TJ Hopkins went 3-4 with 2 doubles, a steal, a run scored, and he had 3 RBI.
- Victor Ruiz went 1-4 with a run scored.
- Eric Yang went 0-1 with a walk and he was hit by 2 pitches.
- James Free went 2-3 with a home run (3) and 3 RBI. He’s hitting .328/.413/.547 through 19 games on the season with 8 walks and 11 strikeouts.
- Leonardo Seminati went 1-4 with a solo home run (6).
- Edwin Yon went 3-3 with a walk, 2 home runs (4), and he scored 3 runs. His home runs were both absolutely crushed. The first one went 457 feet. The second one only went 440 feet.
- Reyny Reyes went 1-4 with 2 runs scored.
- Carlos Carreno threw 5.0 shutout innings while allowing 3 hits and 3 walks while striking out 3. He threw 62 pitches with 34 strikes and had 4 ground outs with 1 fly out.
- Jeffry Nino allowed a run in 2.0 innings with a walk and 5 strikeouts.
Game 2: 3-0 loss. Box Score
- Quin Cotton went 1-3 with a double.
- Eric Yang went 1-2 with a double. He was also hit by ANOTHER pitch. He’s hitting .373/.477/.566 on the year through 27 games.
- Reyny Reyes went 1-2.
- Cash Case went 2-2 with 2 doubles.
- Noah Davis allowed a run in 4.0 innings with 2 walks and 2 hits while striking out 4 batters. He threw 52 pitches with 32 strikes and had 5 ground outs with 1 fly out. Through 2 starts with Billings he’s allowed 4 hits and 1 earned run to go with 2 walks and 8 strikeouts in 8.0 innings. He’s working his way back from Tommy John surgery (March 2018).
The Greeneville Reds were postponed.
Double header on Saturday.
The AZL Reds lost 6-5 in 10 innings. Box Score
- Ashton Creal went 1-5 with a double.
- Caleb Van Blake went 2-5 with 2 runs scored. He’s hitting .327/.387/.574 through 26 games played.
- Wendell Marrero went 2-4 with a run and an RBI. He’s hitting .330/.432/.500 through 29 games played.
- Jose Tello went 1-4 with a run scored.
- Sebastian Almonte went 2-4 with a walk, triple, and an RBI. He’s hitting .312/.349/.468 on the season through 21 games.
- Rafael Franco went 2-4 with a steal.
- Orlando Noriega allowed a run in 4.0 innings on 3 hits and 2 walks to go with 7 strikeouts. He has 2 ground outs with no fly outs.
- Pedro Moreno was charged with an unearned run in 3.0 innings with 4 strikeouts.
The Top 25 Prospect Rundown
The Top 25 Prospect List was updated on Friday afternoon. You can see the new list here.
8/3 Game Preview
|Team||1st half||2nd half||Time (ET)||Probable||Box Score||Listen Live||Watch Live|