If you are interested in getting emailed every day during the season with additional game notes and a rundown on how the Cincinnati Reds Top 25 Prospects performed (along with other perks) you can sign up to support the site through Patreon and get all of that for as low as $1 a month. If that’s something that sounds interesting you can get more information here.
The Billings Mustangs won 4-3. Box Score
- TJ Hopkins went 1-5 with an RBI.
- James Free went 1-4.
- Eric Yang went 1-4.
- Victor Ruiz went 1-4 with a run scored.
- Leonardo Seminati went 1-4 with a double, run scored, and he had an RBI.
- Jonathan Willems went 1-4 with a triple and a run scored.
- Reniel Ozuna went 3-4 with a run and 2 RBI.
- Quincy McAfee went 1-2 with a walk.
- Ian Koch allowed a run in 2.2 innings with a walk.
- Alec Byrd threw 1.1 hitless innings with a walk and 3 strikeouts.
- Ryan Dunne threw 2.0 hitless innings with a walk and a strikeout.
- Jose Adames (rehab) threw a perfect inning with 2 strikeouts.
The Mustangs win ties the series up at 1-1. Tuesday night at 9:15pm ET the two teams will mean up for the series finale. The winner advanced to the Pioneer League Championship Series to face Ogden, who swept Grand Junction. The loser calls it a season and heads home. The game will be in Idaho Falls and available to watch if you have the MiLBtv package. Jose Salvador will be on the mound for the Mustangs.
9/10 Game Preview
|Team||1st half||2nd half||Time (ET)||Probable||Box Score||Listen Live||Watch Live|
do they really not play game 3 until Sunday…..or is that a typo?
Billings website says the game is Tuesday (tonight)
They play tonight.
Sunday. Tuesday. SAME THING RIGHT?!
I need a day off in the worst kind of way.
Jose Adames is almost 27 years old. Where does he stand right now with the Reds? He’s got high-end stuff that he’s recaptured, right? So if he’s not placed on the 40 man this offseason (just assuming he needs to be) is there any chance he could be plucked away in the Rule 5?
He’s thrown 3.2 innings over the last 3 years. All have come at the rookie level. Not sure anyone is plucking him in the Rule V draft. Much better options to have on the 40.
He’ll either be added to the 40-man or he’ll be a free agent.
You might want to retread that last paragraph Doug.
Off topic. Happy 36th birthday (today) to Joey Votto.
On topic. IF Billings wins, I get to them play Ogden here in Utah.
Reds trivia on Ogden UT: Frank Robinson played for Ogden in his Reds MiLB career in the mid 1950s.
https://www.baseball-reference.com/register/team.cgi?id=e352a755 F Robby was 17 yo rookie. Future Reds manager Dave Bristol was his teammate in Ogden in 1953.