The Dayton Dragons pitching staff continued to have their way with the Great Lakes Loons – well, mostly. Daytona had a wild ending to salvage a split in their double header. And Mark Kolozsvary had another big game as he continued to make a run at best hitter in Chattanooga Lookouts history.
Through this week I will be including the Top 25 Prospect Rundown here on the site and game notes, but after that if you would like to get that each and every day, along with additional notes from each game, you can get it emailed to you every morning during the season by signing up at Patreon and helping support the site.
The Louisville Bats lost 10-0. Box Score
- Mark Payton went 1-2 with 2 walks.
- Dwight Smith Jr. went 1-3.
- Brantley Bell went 1-1 as a pinch hitter.
- Brad Brach threw a shutout inning with 2 strikeouts.
When Riley O’Brien left the game in the 5th inning the bases were loaded and the game was scoreless. By the time the inning was over it was 6-0 Columbus and the Clippers never looked back.
Mark Payton is hitting .400/.500/.600 through the first four games of the season.
The Chattanooga Lookouts lost 12-10. Box Score
- Alejo Lopez went 2-4 with 2 walks, a double, and an RBI.
- Jose Garcia went 1-5 with a walk, triple, run, and 2 RBI.
- Narciso Crook went 1-5 with a walk and 2 runs.
- Yoel Yanqui went 1-5 with a walk, run, and 2 RBI.
- Wilson Garcia went 3-6 with an RBI.
- TJ Hopkins went 2-5 with a walk and an RBI.
- Luis Rivas went 4-5 with a double, triple, and 3 runs scored.
- Mark Kolozsvary went 2-3 with 2 walks, a home run (2), 2 RBI, and 3 runs scored.
- Nick Howard threw 2.1 shutout innings with 4 strikeouts.
- Alexis Diaz allowed 1 earned in 2.1 innings with a walk and 2 strikeouts.
Mark Kolozsvary is 5-7 on the season with three doubles, two home runs, five walks, and one strikeout. He’s hitting .714/.833/2.000 through three games.
It was a tough night for Chattanooga pitching when it came to keeping the ball in the park as they allowed five home runs on the day.
Nick Howard is having himself a nice return to the organization. He’s now allowed just one baserunner in his first 3.1 innings of the season and picked up five strikeouts.
The Dayton Dragons won 9-5. Box Score
- Brian Rey went 1-4 with a home run (2) and 4 RBI.
- Michael Siani went 2-4 with a walk and 2 steals.
- Quincy McAfee went 2-5 with a double and 2 runs scored.
- Jose Tello went 2-5 with a double and 2 RBI.
- Miguel Hernandez went 1-5 with a run and an RBI.
- Jacob Hurtubise went 1-2 with a walk, was hit by a pitch, stole 2 bases, scored 2 runs, and had an RBI.
- Graham Ashcraft allowed 2 runs in 3.2 innings with 3 walks and 6 strikeouts.
- Tyler Garbee threw 1.1 hitless innings with 2 walks and 4 strikeouts.
- Eddy Demurias threw 1.2 hitless innings with 2 walks and 2 strikeouts.
- Braxton Roxby threw 1.1 shutout innings with 3 strikeouts.
Jacob Hurtubise now has four steals on the season.
Brian Rey is hitting .364 and slugging 1.000. He has not struck out through three games.
Quincy McAfee is hitting .385/.500/.692 through four games played.
Great Lakes had six hits in the game. That doubled the amount of hits they had in the series as they only had six hits in the first three games combined against the Dragons.
Dayton’s pitching staff had 18 strikeouts in the game.
Graham Ashcraft hit 100 MPH in the first inning of the game.
The Daytona Tortugas split a double header
Game 1: 3-1 loss. Box Score
- Allan Cerda went 1-3.
- Garrett Wolforth went 1-3 with an RBI.
- Daniel Vellojin went 1-2 with a walk and a double.
- Evan Kravetz allowed a run in 3.1 innings on 2 hits, 4 walks and he struck out 4.
- Tanner Cooper threw 1.1 perfect innings with a strikeout.
Game 2: 5-2 win. Box Score
- Gus Steiger went 1-4.
- Rece Hinds went 1-4 with a home run (2) and 2 runs scored.
- Danny Lantigua went 1-3 with a run scored.
- Michel Triana went 1-2, was hit by a pitch, and scored a run.
- Jake Gozzo threw 2.0 shutout innings with a walk and 4 strikeouts.
- Carson Rudd threw 3.0 perfect innings with 4 strikeouts.
- Vin Timpanelli threw a perfect inning with a strikeout.
Austin Hendrick didn’t play in either game of the double header.
Rece Hinds got every last bit of his home run in game two. It had an exit velocity of 108.5 MPH. I was able to get a video clip of it.
The top of the 7th inning was wild. Palm Beach led 2-1 but a 1-out error was followed by a single and a hit batter to load the bases. A strikeout led to the second out of the inning, bringing Rece Hinds to the plate. He hit a fly ball into center that was dropped by the center fielder, bringing two runs in to put Daytona ahead 3-2. Allan Cerda followed with a grounder to shortstop, but a throwing error on the play brought in two more runs to make it 5-2. Two 2-out errors took a 2-1 win and turned it into a 5-2 loss for the Cardinals.
Top 25 Reds Prospect Rundown
5/8 Game Preview
|Team||Record||Time (ET)||Probable||Box Score||Listen||Watch|