The Louisville were rained out, but the rest of the farm system went off as they outscored their opponents 26-5 in three wins. Brian Rey kept his hot start going, Lyon Richardson tossed five more shutout innings, Rece Hinds and Alex McGarry homered in a Daytona win, and Narciso Crook hit another home run to the moon for Chattanooga.
Through this week I will be including the Top 25 Prospect Rundown here on the site and game notes, but after that if you would like to get that each and every day, along with additional notes from each game, you can get it emailed to you every morning during the season by signing up at Patreon and helping support the site.
The Louisville Bats were rained out
The game was cancelled and will not be made up.
The Chattanooga Lookouts won 7-1. Box Score
- Jose Garcia went 1-3 with a walk, double, RBI, and 2 runs scored.
- Narciso Crook went 2-4 with a 2-run home run (2) and he scored 2 runs.
- Wilson Garcia went 1-4 with a double and a run.
- TJ Hopkins went 1-4.
- Yoel Yanqui went 2-4.
- Lorenzo Cedrola went 1-4 with a run scored.
- Mark Kolozsvary went 2-4 with a double, run, and an RBI.
- Reiver Sanmartin allowed a hit and 2 walks in 5.0 shutout innings with 4 strikeouts.
- Wes Robertson threw a shutout inning.
- Miguel Figueroa allowed a run in 2.0 innings.
- Ryan Olson threw a shutout inning with a walk and a strikeout.
Narciso Crook’s second homer of the series was another moonshot, going 421 feet into left-center.
Jose Garcia is hitting .304/.429/.739 with 5 walks and 5 strikeouts through 6 games. Last season with the Reds he had 1 walk and 26 strikeouts in 68 plate appearances. In 2019 he didn’t draw his 5th walk of the season until his 16th game with Daytona (and had 15 strikeouts).
Mark Kolozsvary played in 4 of the 6 games in the opening series of the year and finished it up hitting .636/.750/1.545 – good for an OPS of 2.295 with 4 doubles, 2 homers, and 5 walks.
The Dayton Dragons won 12-1. Box Score
- Brian Rey went 1-5 with a 3-run double.
- Quin Cotton went 1-5 with a solo home run (1).
- Eric Yang went 2-4 with a steal, run, and a walk.
- Jose Tello went 1-5 with a run scored.
- Francisco Urbaez went 1-3 with 2 walks, 2 runs, and 2 RBI.
- Miguel Hernandez went 2-4 with a walk, RBI, 2 steals, and he scored 2 runs.
- Jacob Hurtubise went 1-5 with a run and 2 RBI.
- Bren Spillane went 1-1 with a solo home run as a pinch hitter.
- Lyon Richardson threw 5.0 shutout innings on 4 hits and a walk with 6 strikeouts.
- Jacques Pucheu threw 2.0 shutout innings with 2 walks and a strikeout.
- Francis Peguero threw a perfect inning with 2 strikeouts.
Brian Rey struck out for the 1st time all season in the game. He also drove in his 10th, 11th, and 12th runs of the season while playing in his 5th game of the year.
Lyon Richardson’s 2nd start of the year went two innings longer than the 1st, but the result was the same: No runs. His control was better this time around as he walked just 1 batter and struck out 6.
Going 5-1 in the 6-game series, Dragons pitchers gave up 23 hits in 50 innings (one game was rain shortened). They did, however, walk 43 batters in the series while hitting 3 other batters, and striking out 64.
Dayton outscored Great Lakes 40-16 in the series.
The Daytona Tortugas won 7-3. Box Score
- Rece Hinds went 1-5 with a home run (3) and two runs scored.
- Alex McGarry went 1-4 with a walk, home run (2), and 2 RBI.
- Danny Lantigua went 3-4 with a double and a run scored.
- Michel Triana went 2-3 with a walk, double, and a run scored.
- James Proctor allowed a run in 4.0 innings with 2 walks and 4 strikeouts.
- Brett Lockwood threw a hitless inning with a walk and a strikeout.
- Pedro Garcia threw 3.0 shutout innings with a walk and 4 strikeouts.
- Juan Manuel Abril was charged with 2 unearned runs in an inning with 2 walks and 2 strikeouts.
Rece Hinds is the clubhouse leader for shortest home run of the year. His third home run this season was an inside-the-park job that got by a diving right fielder in shallow right and rolled to the wall before it was retrieved. Hinds rounded the bases in 15.3 seconds for those of you keeping track at home.
Alex McGarry got his second start of the year and homered for the second straight game.
Danny Lantigua picked up three hits and raised his line on the season to .474/.500/.789. He’s got four extra-base hits in five games.
Brett Lockwood had a good professional debut with a hitless inning out of the bullpen.
Top 25 Reds Prospect Rundown
5/10 Game Preview
|Team||Record||Time (ET)||Probable||Box Score||Listen||Watch|
|Louisville||1-4||OFF Day||OFF Day||Here||Here||Here|
|Chattanooga||4-2||OFF Day||OFF Day||Here||Here||Here|
|Dayton||5-1||OFF Day||OFF Day||Here||Here||Here|
|Daytona||4-2||OFF Day||OFF Day||Here||Here||N/A|