Alejo Lopez continues to rack up hits and TJ Friedl homered again in a Louisville win. Rehabbing Aristides Aquino went deep in the game, too. Chattanooga was rained out, Dayton was blown out, Allan Cerda had another good day at the plate and Reyny Reyes homered for the first time in 2.5 years in a Daytona loss.
We’re going to try something new this year and make every Sunday a free Patreon post preview. If you want to get this in your inbox every day during the season, along with some other fun perks along the way, think about signing up for a few bucks a month to support the work that goes into all of this. You can get more information here.
The Louisville Bats won 6-1. Box Score
- Joey Votto (rehab) went 0-4 with a walk and an RBI.
- Alejo Lopez went 2-3 with 2 walks, a double, a run, and he had an RBI.
- Aristides Aquino (rehab) went 2-3 with 2 walks, a home run (1), and 2 RBI.
- Alfredo Rodriguez went 1-4.
- Narciso Crook went 0-2 with 2 walks and a run scored.
- TJ Friedl went 1-3 with a walk, home run (3), 2 runs, and an RBI.
- Josh Osich allowed a run in 3.0 innings with a walk and a strikeout.
- Cionel Pérez threw 2.0 perfect innings with 2 strikeouts.
- José De León threw a perfect inning with 2 strikeouts.
- Phillip Diehl threw a perfect inning with 2 strikeouts.
- Shane Carle threw a perfect inning.
- Carson Fulmer threw a perfect inning with a strikeout.
Joey Votto may be finished with his rehab stint. Manager David Bell said he could possibly return on Tuesday.
Aristides Aquino has four walks and no strikeouts through his three rehab games in Louisville.
Alejo Lopez just keeps hitting. I feel like I type this every night, but that doesn’t make it any less true. He’s now hitting .388/.475/.488 on the season with 17 walks and just 12 strikeouts in 31 games played between Chattanooga and Louisville.
Phillip Diehl lowered his ERA to 0.82 on the season.
The bullpen day went well for the Bats, who allowed just 3 hits and a walk to go with 8 strikeouts in the win.
The Chattanooga Lookouts were postponed
This game will be made up on August 19th.
The Dayton Dragons lost 14-4. Box Score
- Jacob Hurtubise went 0-3 with 2 walks, a steal (17), and 2 runs scored.
- Quincy McAfee went 1-4 with a double and 4 RBI.
- Alex McGarry went 2-4 with a double.
- Miguel Hernandez went 1-4.
- Jonathan Willems went 3-4 with a double and a run.
- Andy Fisher threw 2.1 hitless innings with a walk and 2 strikeouts.
- Braxton Roxby threw a hitless inning with a walk and a strikeout.
After winning 15-4 on Saturday it seems that the Dayton Dragons upset Lake County and the Captains returned the favor on Sunday. Dayton grabbed a 1-0 lead in the top of the 1st, but it was 14-1 by the time the 5th inning ended.
Quincy McAfee only had one hit on the day but he made it count as he doubled with the bases loaded and drove in all three runners. He also had an RBI on a ground out in the 1st inning.
On a day when the pitching staff allowed 14 runs none of those went on the record of Braxton Roxby who has now thrown 12.1 shutout innings this season and allowed just 3 hits and he’s struck out 19. He has walked 7 and hit 4 other batters, though.
The Daytona Tortugas lost 10-4. Box Score
- Steven Leyton went 2-4 with a double, walk, run, and RBI.
- Allan Cerda went 2-5 with a double, home run (5), and 2 RBI.
- Wendell Marrero went 1-4.
- Reyny Reyes went 2-4 with a home run (1).
- Danny Lantigua went 1-4 with a run.
Next week the Tortugas play in Bradenton. That’s important to note because Bradenton is the only team in the Low-A Southeast that has the MiLBtv package. They only visit Bradenton once this year, so the next six games will be your only opportunity (unless something changes and another team adds the video feed) to watch Daytona play all season unless you travel to the ballpark.
Reyny Reyes homered on August 15th of 2018. Then he homered two games later on August 19th of 2018. Until Sunday afternoon he hadn’t homered since.
Allan Cerda had hit just .131 from May 14th through June 4th – in part thanks to a .154 BABIP. But he has gone 4-10 in the last two days so he could be coming out of the 3-week funk.
Top 25 Prospect Rundown
6/7 Game Preview
|Team||Record||Time (ET)||Probable||Box Score||Listen||Watch|
|Louisville||11-18||OFF DAY||OFF DAY||Here||Here||Here|
|Chattanooga||17-12||OFF DAY||OFF DAY||Here||Here||Here|
|Dayton||16-14||OFF DAY||OFF DAY||Here||Here||Here|
|Daytona||13-17||OFF DAY||OFF DAY||Here||Here||Here|