Austin Hendrick kept his hot July going with another 2-hit game for Daytona, Dauri Moreta and Nick Howard keep throwing well out of the bullpen in Louisville, Robbie Tenerowicz homered for the second straight day, and Carson Spiers struck out 8 batters in 5.0 innings for Dayton on Sunday afternoon. There is no Top 25 Rundown today on the site (but it is available to those who subscribe over at Patreon) because it includes the updated Top 25 Prospect list that is going live tomorrow morning here on the site.
We’re going to try something new this year and make every Sunday a free Patreon post preview. If you want to get this in your inbox every day during the season, along with some other fun perks along the way, think about signing up for a few bucks a month to support the work that goes into all of this. You can get more information here.
The Louisville Bats lost 9-3. Box Score
- TJ Friedl went 1-3 with 2 walks.
- Jose Barrero went 1-5 with a double and a run.
- Braxton Lee went 3-5 with a double, run, and an RBI.
- Alfredo Rodriguez went 2-3 with a walk and an RBI.
- Michael De Leon went 1-4.
- Rocky Gale went 2-4 with an RBI.
- Nick Howard threw a shutout inning with a strikeout.
- Cionel Pérez threw a shutout inning with a strikeout.
- Dauri Moreta threw a perfect inning with a strikeout.
TJ Friedl has more walks than strikeouts since the beginning of June, 28 to 27. After a slump to begin the season he’s up to .266/.379/.410 on the year.
Nick Howard’s ERA dropped to 2.00 on the season in his 25 games between Chattanooga and Louisville. He’s got 12 walks and 37 strikeouts in 27.0 innings across 25 games.
Dauri Moreta’s ERA was lowered to 1.05 in 24 games between Chattanooga and Louisville. He now has just 8 walks and 45 strikeouts in 34.1 innings pitched this year.
The Chattanooga Lookouts lost 11-6. Box Score
- Brian Rey went 1-5 with a run.
- Lorenzo Cedrola went 2-4 with a run and 2 RBI.
- Drew Mount went 1-4 with a run.
- Wilson Garcia went 2-4 with a run and an RBI.
- Robbie Tenerowicz went 1-4 with a 2-run home run (7).
- Jay Schuyler went 1-3.
- Jose Tello went 2-4 with a double and a run.
- Miguel Figueroa threw a perfect inning with a strikeout.
Tough day for the Lookouts pitching. Four of the five pitchers allowed at least one run in their outing.
Robbie Tenerowicz homered for the second straight day and is hitting .274/.370/.629 in 19 games during July.
Lorenzo Cedrola may be heating back up. He’s gone 5-13 in the last three games and has his average back up to .310 with the Lookouts.
The Dayton Dragons won 5-3. Box Score
- Michael Siani went 1-5 with a double and a run.
- Miguel Hernandez went 2-4 with a walk and a run.
- Juan Martinez went 1-4 with a walk and a run.
- Garrett Wolforth went 2-5 with a run and an RBI.
- Victor Ruiz went 2-4 with 2 doubles, a run, and 3 RBI.
- Alex McGarry went 1-3 with a walk, double, and an RBI.
- Quin Cotton went 1-4.
- Eric Yang went 1-3 with a walk.
- Carson Spiers allowed a run in 5.0 innings on 3 hits and a walk to go with 8 strikeouts.
- Pedro Garcia threw 1.1 hitless innings with 2 walks and 2 strikeouts.
- Vin Timpanelli threw a hitless inning with a walk and a strikeout.
Victor Ruiz put together another 2-hit game and is now hitting .305/.352/.402 in July across 21 games played. He’s hitting .309 since the start of June.
Carson Spiers put together another strong start. He’s made 11 starts and 5 relief appearances this season between Daytona and Dayton and now has a 3.69 ERA in 68.1 innings with 16 walks and 84 strikeouts.
Vin Timpanelli made his High-A debut today and picked up right where he left off in Daytona – a shutout inning. His ERA is now sitting at 1.75 on the season in 21 games. His outing included a walk and a strikeout, which is also right where he had left off. Timpanelli, in his first year as a pitcher, has 18 walks and 42 strikeouts this season.
The Daytona Tortugas lost 6-5. Box Score
- Austin Hendrick went 2-4 with a double and a run.
- Allan Cerda went 2-4 with a double, run, and 2 RBI.
- Ivan Johnson went 1-3 with a walk, steal, and a run.
- Danny Lantigua went 1-4 with an RBI and a run.
- Brandon Leyton went 2-4 with a double and 2 RBI.
- Nick Hanson threw 1.1 hitless innings with 2 walks and 2 strikeouts.
- Case Williams allowed 1 earned in 4.0 innings of relief with 2 walks and 2 strikeouts.
Austin Hendrick is heating up this month. He’s now hitting .268/.375/.561 with 6 extra-base hits in 11 games played during July.
In 8 games played from June 9th through July 16th (he was injured and missed nearly a month in this span), Allan Cerda went 0-21. Since July 17th he’s hit .423/.559/.692 with 5 walks and 6 strikeouts in 8 games.
The ACL Reds had the day off.
The DSL Reds had the day off.
7/26 Game Preview
|Team||Record||Time (ET)||Probable||Box Score||Listen||Watch|