Rece Hinds homered twice in Daytona, Narciso Crook and Mike Freeman continued to rake in August for Louisville, and Allan Cerda’s incredible run over the last six weeks continued with another three hits for Dayton.
We’re going to try something new this year and make every Sunday a free Patreon post preview. If you want to get this in your inbox every day during the season, along with some other fun perks along the way, think about signing up for a few bucks a month to support the work that goes into all of this. You can get more information here.
The Louisville Bats lost 7-6. Box Score
- Alejo Lopez went 2-5 with a run.
- Mike Freeman went 2-4 with a walk and 2 runs.
- Michael De Leon went 2-5 with a 3-run homer (7).
- Braxton Lee went 2-4.
- Narciso Crook went 2-3 with a walk and 2 RBI.
- TJ Friedl went 1-4 with a run.
- Alfredo Rodriguez went 1-1 as a pinch hitter.
- Cionel Pérez threw a perfect inning with a strikeout.
Mike Freeman is hitting .378/.509/.644 in August over 15 games with Louisville.
Narciso Crook’s hot month of August also continued. He’s now hitting .343/.439/.600 in 17 games during the month for the Bats.
The Chattanooga Lookouts
The Tennessee Smokies team is having a COVID-related outbreak of sorts and the series against the Chattanooga Lookouts has been cancelled. The Lookouts will return to the field on Tuesday when they host the Birmingham Barons.
The Dayton Dragons won 8-6. Box Score
- Jacob Hurtubise went 1-4 with a steal (34).
- Allan Cerda went 3-5 with a double, triple, and 2 runs.
- Alex McGarry went 2-4 with a double, run, and an RBI.
- Jack Rogers went 2-5 with a steal and 2 runs.
- Eric Yang went 3-4 with a walk, double, run, and 2 RBI.
- Jonathan Willems went 1-3 with a double, 2 walks, a run, and an RBI.
- Pedro Garcia threw 1.1 perfect innings with 2 strikeouts.
It was another big day for Allan Cerda as he fell a home run shy of the cycle. In the 5 games since joining Dayton earlier this week he’s hit .429/.455/.762. Since July 17th he’s hit .339/.438/.669 – that’s covering 35 games and 153 plate appearances.
Alex McGarry now has 3 multi-hit games in the last 4 games played.
Michael Siani went 0-5 with a walk in the game but stole two bases to push his season total up to 25.
The Daytona Tortugas won 9-6. Box Score
- Daniel Vellojin went 1-4 with a walk, double, 2 runs, and an RBI.
- Rece Hinds went 2-4 with a walk, 2 home runs (9), a steal, and 4 RBI.
- Jose Torres went 1-3 with a walk, home run (3), and 2 runs.
- Garrett Wolforth went 1-4.
- Danny Lantigua went 2-4 with a double, run, and an RBI.
- Brandon Leyton went 1-3 with a walk, double, run, and an RBI.
- Justice Thompson went 1-4 with a double, run, and an RBI.
- James Marinan threw 5.0 shutout innings with 3 hits allowed, 2 walks and 3 strikeouts.
Daytona took a 3-0 lead in the 3rd inning. St. Lucie got a run back in the 6th and two more in the 8th to tie things up. The Tortugas then went off with a 6-run 9th to take a 9-3 lead. But the Mets didn’t go quietly as they scored three runs and had two runners on with two outs before the final out was recorded.
Rece Hinds just continues to kill the ball since getting back on the field after his knee injury in early June. In 16 games, including rehab out in Arizona, he’s hit .321/.391/.768 with 4 doubles, 3 triples, and 5 home runs.
Daniel Vellojin now has 63 walks to go with 60 strikeouts in 75 games played this season.
James Marinan has previously topped out at 95.6 MPH in his road starts (we only get Hawkeye data in road games for Daytona). On Sunday he topped out at 96.9 MPH and topped 95.6 eight different times in the game.
The ACL Reds had the day off.
The DSL Reds had the day off.
Top 25 Prospect Rundown
8/30 Game Preview
|Team||Record||Time (ET)||Probable||Box Score||Listen||Watch|