Art Warren struck out the side in his second rehab appearance with Louisville, TJ Friedl hit his 10th homer of the year in a Bats win, Wilson Garcia had three more hits in a Chattanooga win, Rece Hinds exited the game in Daytona early with an apparent injury, and Debby Santana continued to swing a hot bat for the Tortugas since his return from the injured list last month.
We’re going to try something new this year and make every Sunday a free Patreon post preview. If you want to get this in your inbox every day during the season, along with some other fun perks along the way, think about signing up for a few bucks a month to support the work that goes into all of this. You can get more information here.
The Louisville Bats won 3-0. Box Score
- Art Warren (rehab) threw a perfect inning with 3 strikeouts.
- TJ Friedl went 1-4 with a home run (10).
- Narciso Crook went 1-3 with a double and a run.
- Alfredo Rodriguez went 2-3 with an RBI.
- Michael De Leon went 1-3 with a run.
- Jan Hernandez went 1-3 with a double and an RBI.
- Carson Fulmer threw 2.0 shutout innings.
- Brandon Finnegan threw a shutout inning.
- Nick Howard threw a perfect inning with a strikeout. He also went 1-1 with a double at the plate.
- Diomar Lopez threw a perfect inning.
- Zach Lee threw a shutout inning.
- Cionel Pérez threw a perfect inning with a strikeout.
- Phillip Diehl threw a shutout inning with 2 strikeouts.
TJ Friedl continues to set a new career high in home runs. His 10th easily tops his previous high in a season of 7 that he had back in 2017 when he split the year between Dayton and Daytona.
Alfredo Rodriguez hit .300/.380/.414 in May. But then he went into a big slump in June, hitting just .195 in the month. Since the start of July, though, he’s rebounded well and has hit .307/.341/.380 in 53 games (208 plate appearances).
Narciso Crook is hitting .308/.390/.577 in 23 games since the start of August.
The Chattanooga Lookouts won 3-2. Box Score
- Drew Mount went 2-4 with a a home run (10) and 2 runs.
- Wilson Garcia went 3-4.
- Robbie Tenerowicz went 1-3 with a double and an RBI.
- Chuckie Robinson went 2-2 with a walk, double, and a run.
- Dylan Baker allowed a run in 5.1 innings on 4 hits and 2 walks while striking out 2.
- Eddy Demurias threw 2.2 perfect innings with 2 strikeouts.
Drew Mount’s 10th homer of the year (and 9th with Chattanooga) turned out to be a huge additional run in the 8th inning as it made it a 3-1 game. Birmingham would score a run in the top of the 9th, but that was all they would get.
Wilson Garcia got out to a slow start this year. In his first 27 games he hit .192/.224/.242. In the 66 games since then he’s been on fire, hitting .335/.356/.544.
Eddy Demurias dropped his ERA to 1.81 on the season. He’s now thrown 44.2 innings between High-A Dayton and Double-A Chattanooga.
The Dayton Dragons lost a doubleheader
Game 1: 5-1 loss. Box Score
- Jacob Hurtubise went 2-3 with a run.
- Matt McLain went 1-2 with a walk and an RBI.
- Quin Cotton went 1-3.
- Alex McGarry went 1-3.
- Carson Spiers allowed 1 earned run in 5.0 innings on 3 hits and a walk to go with 4 strikeouts.
- Sam Hellinger threw a perfect inning with a strikeout.
Game 2: 2-0 loss. Box Score
- Ivan Johnson went 1-3.
- Eric Yang went 0-1 with a walk.
- Evan Kravetz allowed 2 runs in 3.0 innings with 2 walks and 6 strikeouts.
- Andy Fisher threw 2.1 perfect innings with 2 strikeouts.
- Stevie Branche threw 1.2 perfect innings with 5 strikeouts.
Dayton’s lone hit in game two was a 1-out single by Ivan Johnson in the 1st inning.
Carson Spiers now has a 3.81 ERA through 18 starts and 5 relief appearances. In his 101.2 innings he has 118 strikeouts and just 31 walks between Low-A Daytona and High-A Dayton.
Stevie Branche lowered his ERA to 2.92 on the season. He has 93 strikeouts in 52.1 innings (32 walks, too).
The Daytona Tortugas lost 10-2. Box Score
- Jose Torres went 1-3.
- Debby Santana went 1-2 with a run and an RBI.
- Elly De La Cruz went 1-4.
- Brandon Leyton went 1-4 with a triple and an RBI.
- Mike Trautwein went 1-4 with a double.
- Ashton Creal went 1-1 with a double and a run.
- Wes Robertson threw a shutout inning.
Rece Hinds appeared to injure himself in the game on a defensive play in the 4th inning. He finished out the inning but was replaced in the next inning when the team took the field.
Debby Santana hit the injured list in mid-July and missed nearly four weeks. He was hitting just .190/.254/.229 through 33 games at that point in time. Since returning on August 10th he’s hit .286/.340/.490 in 14 games.
The ACL Reds had the day off.
The DSL Reds had the day off.
Top 25 Prospect Rundown
9/6 Game Preview
|Team||Record||Time (ET)||Probable||Box Score||Listen||Watch|