The farm system had multiple late-inning comeback wins. Ivan Johnson had a walk-off hit for Dayton in extra-innings, Jay Schuyler homered in the 8th to give Chattanooga a lead and eventually a win, and Ariel Almonte hit a walk-off homer in game one of a DSL Reds doubleheader sweep that also saw Wencer Inirio homer in both games.
If you are interested in getting emailed every day during the season with additional game notes and a rundown on how the Cincinnati Reds Top 25 Prospects performed (along with other perks) you can sign up to support the site through Patreon and get all of that for a few bucks a month. If that’s something that sounds interesting you can get more information here.
The Louisville Bats lost 5-0. Box Score
- TJ Friedl went 2-4.
- Alejo Lopez went 2-4.
- Narciso Crook went 1-3 with a double.
- Zach Lee threw 4.0 shutout innings on 2 hits and 4 walks while striking out 6.
- Diomar Lopez threw 2.0 shutout innings with a walk and a strikeout.
The Chattanooga Lookouts won 4-2. Box Score
- Lorenzo Cedrola went 1-4 with a run.
- Wilson Garcia went 2-4 with a double and a run.
- Robbie Tenerowicz went 0-2 with 2 walks.
- Leonardo Rivas went 1-2 with a steal.
- Matt Lloyd went 1-3 with 2 RBI.
- Quincy McAfee went 0-1 with 2 walks and a run.
- Jay Schuyler went 1-3 with a 2-run home run (2).
- Jacques Pucheu allowed 2 runs on 3 hits in 6.0 innings with 6 strikeouts.
- Michael Byrne threw a hitless inning with a walk and 2 strikeouts.
- Eddy Demurias threw a perfect inning.
- Daniel Duarte threw a perfect inning with 2 strikeouts.
The Dayton Dragons won 6-5 in 10. Box Score
- Quin Cotton went 1-3 with a double, steal (23), and a run.
- Allan Cerda went 0-2 with 2 walks.
- Juan Martinez went 1-4 with a double, run, and an RBI.
- James Free went 1-4.
- Victor Ruiz went 1-4 with an RBI.
- Mariel Bautista went 1-3 with a 2-run home run (4).
- Reyny Reyes went 1-3 with a home run (3).
- Ivan Johnson went 1-1 with a walk-off single.
- James Marinan threw 6.0 shutout innings on 3 hits and 4 walks while he struck out 6.
- Pedro Garcia threw a shutout inning with a walk and 2 strikeouts.
- John Ghyzel threw a hitless inning with a walk and 3 strikeouts.
The Daytona Tortugas were postponed.
Doubleheader on Friday.
The ACL Reds won 5-3. Box Score
- Jay Allen went 2-3 with a double, run, and an RBI.
- Wilfred Astudillo went 1-3 with a home run (9) and 2 RBI.
- Wendell Marrero went 1-3 with a home run (9).
- Deivid Alcantara went 2-3 with a double.
- Sebastian Almonte went 1-3 with a double and a run.
- Donovan Antonia went 0-1 with a walk and a run.
- Julian Aguiar was charged with an unearned run in 2.1 innings with 3 strikeouts.
- Johnnie Schneider threw a hitless inning with a walk and 2 strikeouts.
- Joel Kuhnel (rehab) threw a shutout inning with 2 strikeouts.
The DSL Reds won a doubleheader
Game 1: 4-3 win. Box Score
- Ariel Almonte went 1-4 with a 2-run walk-off homer (3).
- Wencer Inirio went 2-3 with a home run (2).
- Jose Serrano went 1-3 with a double.
- Juan Garcia went 2-3.
- Cesar Martinez went 1-2 with a walk.
- Johnny Ascanio went 0-0 with a walk, steal (10), and a run.
- Nestor Lorant allowed a run in 3.0 innings on 2 hits and he had 5 strikeouts.
- Brian Marcano allowed a run in 2.2 innings with 5 walks and 2 strikeouts.
Game 2: 17-3 win. Box Score
- Johnny Ascanio went 2-5 with 2 runs and 2 RBI.
- Carlos Jorge went 3-5 with a triple, 2 runs, and an RBI.
- Ariel Almonte went 1-4 with a double and 2 runs.
- Wencer Inirio went 2-3 with a double, home run (3), 2 runs, and 2 RBI.
- Cesar Martinez went 1-2 with a run and an RBI.
- Diego Omana went 1-3 with a double, run, and 2 RBI.
- Iverson Espinoza went 0-1 with 3 walks and 2 runs.
- Ray-Jacson Chirino went 0-2 with 2 walks and a run.
- Jesus Torres went 3-4 with 2 runs and 4 RBI.
- Luis Leones went 2-4 with a triple, 2 runs, and 3 RBI.
- Roberto Ros allowed 1 earned in 2.2 innings with 6 walks and 3 strikeouts.
- Fraiber Castillo threw 3.1 shutout innings with a walk and 4 strikeouts.
9/16 Game Preview
|Team||Record||Time (ET)||Probable||Box Score||Listen||Watch|