After a rain out on Wednesday, the Louisville Bats began the Triple-A playoffs with a doubleheader on Thursday. After losing game one in extras, Narciso Crook hit a 3-run walk-off homer in game two. The DSL Reds scored a run in the 1st inning and it held up as the only one of the game for either team.
The Louisville Bats split a doubleheader
Game 1: 3-2 loss in 8. Box Score
- Lorenzo Cedrola went 1-3 with a double.
- Narciso Crook went 1-4.
- Alfredo Rodriguez went 1-3.
- Michael De Leon went 1-3 with a double and a run.
- Braxton Lee went 1-3 with a double and an RBI.
- Riley O’Brien allowed a run in 5.0 innings while walking 2 and striking out 5.
- Carson Fulmer threw a shutout inning with 2 strikeouts.
- Phillip Diehl threw a hitless inning with a walk and a strikeout.
Game 2: 7-6 win. Box Score
- Lorenzo Cedrola went 1-4 with a double and 2 runs scored.
- Mike Freeman went 2-4 with a home run (6), 2 runs, and 2 RBI.
- Narciso Crook went 3-4 with a walk-off 3-run home run (13) and 3 runs scored.
- Alfredo Rodriguez went 2-3.
- Michael De Leon went 1-3 with an RBI.
- Chris Okey went 1-1 with a pinch hit RBI double.
- Brantley Bell went 1-3.
- Daniel Duarte threw a perfect inning with 2 strikeouts.
While these games technically count as “playoffs”, the stats accumulated in them apply to the regular season. Don’t ask me why because I couldn’t begin to tell you. It’s stupid. I know it and you know it.
The DSL Reds won 1-0. Box Score
- Carlos Jorge went 1-3 with a triple and a run scored.
- Malvin Valdez went 1-3 with a steal (22).
- Wencer Inirio went 1-2 with a walk.
- Juan Garcia went 1-3.
- Brayan Rijo went 1-3.
- Nestor Lorant threw 4.0 shutout innings with 3 walks and 4 strikeouts.
- Roberto Ros threw 2.2 shutout innings with a walk and 6 strikeouts.
9/24 Game Preview
|Team||Record||Time (ET)||Probable||Box Score||Listen||Watch|