Alejo Lopez homered for the second consecutive game for Louisville as he extended his career best total to six on the season, but Louisville lost their final home game of the year.
The Louisville Bats lost 9-4. Box Score
- Alejo Lopez went 1-5 with a 2-run home run (6).
- Mike Freeman went 0-2 with 2 walks.
- Michael De Leon went 1-2 with 2 walks and 2 runs.
- Drew Mount went 1-4 with an RBI.
- Brantley Bell went 2-4 with a run and an RBI.
- Diomar Lopez allowed a run in 3.0 innings with a walk and 2 strikeouts.
- Joel Kuhnel threw a hitless inning with a walk and a strikeout.
- Matt Pidich threw a perfect inning.
- Phillip Diehl threw a perfect inning with 2 strikeouts.
The Bats lost their starting pitcher for the day as Reiver Sanmartin is being called up on Monday to make the start for the Cincinnati Reds against Pittsburgh. That led to Jacques Pucheu to getting the spot start call up and it didn’t go as well as hoped as Toledo scored 5 runs in the 1st inning on 7 hits – including 2 home runs.
Alejo Lopez homered for the second straight day. He now has 6 home runs on the season. They’ve come in 3 series. He homered twice in a series in mid-June against Toledo, twice in a series against St. Paul the first week of August, and now twice this week against Toledo. The 6 home runs represents a career best in a season for Lopez, topping the 4 that he hit back in 2017 with Billings – though those came in just 67 games played.
Louisville will have Monday and Tuesday off before they hit the road to play their final series of the year – a 5-game set in Columbus against the Clippers.
The DSL Reds had the day off.
The DSL Reds will begin their final week of the season on Monday.
9/27 Game Preview
|Team||Record||Time (ET)||Probable||Box Score||Listen||Watch|