Trey Amburgey remained hot as he homered in a Louisville win, Austin Hendrick picked up an inside-the-park home run while Danny Lantigua and Ruben Ibarra homered for the 1st time in 2022 in a Daytona win, and Dayton had their series opener washed away by rain.
If you are interested in getting emailed every day during the season with additional game notes and a rundown on how the Cincinnati Reds Top 25 Prospects performed (along with other perks) you can sign up to support the site through Patreon and get all of that for a few bucks a month. If that’s something that sounds interesting you can get more information here.
The Louisville Bats won 6-3. Box Score
- Lorenzo Cedrola went 1-5 with an RBI.
- Albert Almora Jr. went 2-5 with a run and an RBI.
- Trey Amburgey went 2-3 with a walk, home run (4), and 2 RBI.
- JT Riddle went 1-4 with a home run (3).
- Sandy Leon went 0-2 with 2 walks and 2 runs.
- Michael De Leon went 1-3 with a walk and a run.
- Ben Lively allowed a run in 3.0 innings with a walk and 5 strikeouts.
- Zack Godley allowed a run in 2.0 innings with 3 strikeouts.
- Nick Howard threw a perfect inning with a strikeout.
- Ryan Hendrix threw a perfect inning with 2 strikeouts.
- Fernando Cruz threw a perfect inning with a strikeout.
The Chattanooga Lookouts lost 5-0. Box Score
- Robbie Tenerowicz went 1-3.
- Quin Cotton went 1-3 with a steal.
- Miguel Medrano threw 3.2 hitless innings, but allowed a run on 6 walks while striking out 5.
- Vin Timpanelli allowed a run in 2.0 innings with 3 strikeouts.
- Andy Fisher threw 2.0 shutout innings with a walk and 3 strikeouts.
The Dayton Dragons were postponed
Doubleheader on Wednesday.
The Daytona Tortugas won 10-6. Box Score
- Gus Steiger went 1-4 with a walk, steal, and 2 runs.
- Austin Hendrick went 2-5 with a double, inside-the-park home run (4), and 3 RBI.
- Jay Allen went 2-4 with an RBI and 2 runs.
- Yerlin Confidan went 1-2 with a double and an RBI.
- Danny Lantigua went 1-2 with a home run (1) and 2 RBI.
- Ruben Ibarra went 2-4 with a home run (1) and 2 runs.
- Michel Triana went 1-4.
- Jamal O’Guinn went 1-4 with a double and a run.
- Hayden Jones went 2-4 with a run.
- Reyny Reyes went 1-3 with a double and an RBI.
- Dennis Boatman threw 1.1 shutout innings with 2 strikeouts.
- Jayvien Sandridge threw a hitless inning with a walk and 3 strikeouts.
5/4 Game Preview
|Team||Record||Time (ET)||Probable||Box Score||Listen||Watch|
Castillo’s last rehab start conveniently lining up with Vlad’s possible last start for Cincinnati for a while. If it goes poorly and Overton’s next start goes well, Castillo will likely take the spot of Vlad.
When Pham and Naquin are inevitably traded sometime this summer, I’d like to see Dawson and Amburgey get some solid playing time in the Reds’ outfield. Amburgey possibly sooner, as a vs LHP platoon mate for Naquin.
I think if Overton does well in his next start , it won’t matter if Vlad has a good start. Maybe I’m crazy but at 3-20 it’s time to start looking at next year.
So for next year you are going to write off a guy who received Rookie of the Year votes last year?
Is there a consensus #1 prospect for the 2023 draft? We are clearly picking Number 1
You’re forgetting that there’s a draft lottery now and having the worst record doesn’t necessarily mean you get the #1 pick.
Wonder if anyone here knows how many times the NBA team with the worst record has gotten the #1 pick after the lottery.
Quick Google search is telling me that only 7 times since 1985 has the team with the worst record won the NBA draft lottery and gotten the 1st pick. Only 4 times has the team with the second worst record won.