Luis Castillo looked strong on rehab with Louisville in a 1-0 win that saw Ronnie Dawson’s 1st inning homer stand up the rest of the way, Matt McLain and Rece Hinds both homered twice on the day in wins for their respective teams, Robbie Tenerowicz picked up four hits as his hot streak continued for Chattanooga, Brandon Williamson struck out eight in the Lookouts win as he registered his best start of the season, and Joe Boyle kept his scoreless streak to begin the season going with four more shutout innings as Dayton improved to 18-5 on the year.
If you are interested in getting emailed every day during the season with additional game notes and a rundown on how the Cincinnati Reds Top 25 Prospects performed (along with other perks) you can sign up to support the site through Patreon and get all of that for a few bucks a month. If that’s something that sounds interesting you can get more information here.
The Louisville Bats won 1-0. Box Score
- Luis Castillo (rehab) threw 4.1 shutout innings on 3 hits and 2 walks while striking out 7.
- Lorenzo Cedrola went 1-4.
- Ronnie Dawson went 1-4 with a solo home run (4).
- Albert Almora Jr. went 1-4.
- Cristian Santana went 3-3.
- Taylor Motter went 1-3.
- Pedro Payano threw 1.2 hitless innings with 3 walks and 2 strikeouts.
- Jared Solomon threw 1.2 shutout innings with a walk and 2 strikeouts.
- Joel Kuhnel threw a shutout inning with a strikeout.
The Chattanooga Lookouts won 13-4. Box Score
- Michael Siani went 2-5 with a home run (3) and 2 runs.
- Matt McLain went 2-5 with 2 home runs (7) and 5 RBI.
- Isiah Gilliam went 2-5 with a double and 2 runs.
- Robbie Tenerowicz went 4-5 with a double, steal, RBI, and 2 runs scored.
- Francisco Urbaez went 3-5 with a triple, 2 runs, and 2 RBI.
- Leonardo Rivas went 1-4 with a double and 2 RBI.
- Quincy McAfee went 1-3 with a walk, run, and an RBI.
- Eric Yang went 1-5 with a run.
- Brandon Williamson allowed a run in 6.0 innings on 4 hits and he struck out 8.
- Mike Byrne threw a hitless inning with a walk and a strikeout.
The Dayton Dragons won a doubleheader
Game 1: 8-7 win. Box Score
- Jose Torres went 1-3 with a double, run, and 2 RBI.
- Elly De La Cruz went 1-4 with a double and 2 RBI.
- Rece Hinds went 3-4 with 2 home runs (4), 3 runs, and 3 RBI.
- Mat Nelson went 2-4 with a double.
- J.V. Martinez went 2-3 with a walk, triple, and 2 runs.
- Nick Quintana went 0-1 with 2 walks and a run.
- Joe Boyle threw 4.0 shutout innings on 2 hits and 3 walks while striking out 6.
- Jake Gilbert was charged with an unearned run in an inning with 2 strikeouts.
Game 2: 5-1 win. Box Score
- Jose Torres went 1-4.
- Alex McGarry went 2-4 with a home run (7), double, 2 runs, and 3 RBI.
- Rece Hinds went 2-2.
- Garrett Wolforth went 2-3 with 2 RBI.
- J.V. Martinez went 2-2 with a double.
- Bryce Bonnin allowed a run in 3.2 innings on 1 hit and 2 walks while striking out 9.
- Myles Gayman threw 2.1 shutout innings with 4 strikeouts.
- Donovan Benoit threw a perfect inning with a strikeout.
The Daytona Tortugas lost 4-3. Box Score
- Austin Hendrick went 1-4 with a home run (5).
- Jamal O’Guinn went 1-3 with a walk and a run scored.
- Michel Triana went 1-4 with a double and 2 RBI.
- Reyny Reyes went 1-3.
- Owen Holt threw 2.0 hitless innings with a walk and 5 strikeouts.
5/5 Game Preview
|Team||Record||Time (ET)||Probable||Box Score||Listen||Watch|