Nick Lodolo looked strong in his rehab start with Louisville, Alex McGarry hit his 13th homer of the year, Elly De La Cruz stole his 18th bag of the year and hit his 13th home run for Dayton, and Tyler Callihan and Michel Triana both had a 4-hit game in Daytona’s win.
If you are interested in getting emailed every day during the season with additional game notes and a rundown on how the Cincinnati Reds Top 25 Prospects performed (along with other perks) you can sign up to support the site through Patreon and get all of that for a few bucks a month. If that’s something that sounds interesting you can get more information here.
The Louisville Bats lost 6-5. Box Score
- Nick Lodolo (rehab) allowed 2 runs in 2.0 innings on 4 hits, a walk, and he struck out 6.
- Donovan Solano (rehab) went 1-4.
- Alejo Lopez went 2-5 with a run and an RBI.
- Taylor Motter went 3-3 with a walk.
- Colin Moran went 1-4.
- Trey Amburgey went 1-4 with a run.
- Sandy Leon went 3-4 with a double, run, and 3 RBI.
- Lorenzo Cedrola went 1-1 as a late game replacement.
- Buck Farmer threw 1.1 shutout innings with 3 strikeouts.
- Jared Solomon threw a shutout inning with 2 walks.
The Chattanooga Lookouts lost 15-3. Box Score
- Alex McGarry went 1-4 with a home run (13).
- Isiah Gilliam went 1-1 with 3 walks.
- James Free went 2-4 with a double and a run.
- Quincy McAfee went 2-3 with a walk and a run.
The Dayton Dragons lost 9-5. Box Score
- Justice Thompson went 1-4 with a double and a run.
- Rece Hinds went 1-4 with a run.
- Elly De La Cruz went 2-3 with a walk, steal (18), home run (13), 2 runs, and 3 RBI.
- Ruben Ibarra went 2-4 with a home run (8) and 2 RBI.
- Vin Timpanelli was charged with an unearned run in 2.0 innings with 2 walks and 3 strikeouts.
The Daytona Tortugas won 11-7. Box Score
- Tyler Callihan went 4-6 with 2 doubles and an RBI.
- Jack Rogers went 1-4 with a walk and 2 runs.
- Michel Triana went 4-5 with a double, 2 triples, 2 RBI, and 3 runs.
- Yassel Pino went 1-4 with 2 RBI.
- Wilfred Astudillo went 1-5 with a run.
- Austin Callahan went 2-4 with a walk, 2 runs, and 2 RBI.
- Fidel Castro went 1-3 with 2 walks, a home run (3), and 3 RBI.
- Kevin Abel was charged with 1 earned run in 3.0 innings with 4 walks and 3 strikeouts.
- Owen Holt threw 2.0 hitless innings with a walk and 3 strikeouts.
ACL Reds won 8-4. Box Score
- Carlos Jorge went 0-3 with 2 walks, 2 steals, and a run.
- Johnny Ascanio went 2-4 with a walk, 2 steals, and a run.
- Leonardo Balcazar went 1-4 with a walk, steal, and 2 runs.
- Andruw Salcedo went 1-3.
- Malvin Valdez went 1-3 with a walk, triple, run, and 2 RBI.
- Wendell Marrero went 1-2 with a walk, double, 2 runs, and an RBI.
- Jose Serrano went 1-4 with a double and 2 RBI.
- Jermaine Vanheyningen threw a hitless inning with 3 walks and 2 strikeouts.
- Jacques Pucheu allowed 2 runs in 4.0 innings with 2 walks and 7 strikeouts.
- Frainger Aranguren was charged with 2 unearned runs in 2.1 innings with 2 walks and a strikeout.
- Yomil Maysonet threw 1.2 shutout innings with 2 walks and a strikeout.
DSL Reds lost 3-1. Box Score
- Brayan Rijo went 1-4.
- Esmith Pineda went 1-2 with a walk.
- Anyer Laureano threw 2.0 perfect innings with a strikeout.
6/19 Game Preview
|Team||Record||Time (ET)||Probable||Box Score||Listen||Watch|
I am excited about this AZL group. They are 8-2 and 7 of the 9 batters in their lineup tonight are young even by AZL standards. 7 18 year olds, 1 19 year old and 1 21 tonight.
Better yet 4 of the 7 18 year olds have on OPS greater than 1.000
We had seats right behind home plate for the Louisville game at Durham. Yes, Lodolo looked good. I believe we were the only Louisville fans at the game. We tried not to be too obnoxious or conspicuous about it, but I think Lodolo noticed our support.
So James you were obnoxious and conspicuous just not too obnoxious and conspic-uous? :) Not to hard when your team is getting beat.
Right. Just a little obnoxious. As usual.
Yikes, the pitching organization gave up a ton of runs last night. Abbott didn’t even make it out f the first inning in Chattanooga! Hopefully just an off night.
Anyone else think sandy Leon should have been the catcher called up and not Chris okey?
Triani finally starting to show up. Good for him. He seems to have turned it around in June.
McClain, Hinds, and Cerda combined for 10 KS. It’s a pattern, not Just a bad night
You do know that the strikeout leaderboard at the MLB level for batters is littered with premium hitters? It’s part of the game today and not much denying it. There’s very few low K hitters in the game today that also have an elite hit tool. OBP and +wRc much more important than counting Ks as a stand alone explanation to future success.
Mike Trout has over a 28% K rate the last two years
28% in mlb is a lot different than 40% in the minors.
Look at the bright side, it would have been 13 if Hendrick had played.
I can’t argue with that. Good point
Hinds had a 28% k rate last year in the minors. Obv it’s different, but theres no denying the MLB game has changed and a k rate at 30% you can tolerate. Most of these plauers are basically kids figuring it out, and doing so losing a full year of development. To me, Ellys tools are just too tantalizing to get hung up cause he strikes out 4-5 times more per 100 at bats than you would like.
You sir may take my seat at GABP and enjoy the free fan show
Ruben Ibarra hasn’t missed a beat since joining Dayton.
Hope Williamson has a good outing today.
Dragons are certainly choking coming down the stretch of the first half.
Just an FYI Doug. You have the wrong Jack Rogers linked. Here is the correct link. https://www.baseball-reference.com/register/player.fcgi?id=rogers007jac
I really, really wish baseball reference could fix their linker tool.
When there are multiple players with the same name it’s supposed to link to the page where you get to pick the player with that name, not to one of the players…. yet it almost never works that way. Frustrating.
McLain is preventing De La Cruz from being promoted?
I get you. If anything, McLain should be demoted and edlc promoted to Chattanooga. I think they moved McLain too fast. Problem is they don’t demote high $ prospects anymore. They just let them languish for a season full of self doubt and stress.