With everyone playing on the 4th of July and it being a Monday, the full season teams got Tuesday off. They’ll return to the field on Wednesday to play the rest of the week. Ariel Almonte and Carlos Jorge had big nights for the ACL Reds as they improved to 16-6 with a win, and down in the DSL Vladimir Davila picked up six strikeouts.
If you are interested in getting emailed every day during the season with additional game notes and a rundown on how the Cincinnati Reds Top 25 Prospects performed (along with other perks) you can sign up to support the site through Patreon and get all of that for a few bucks a month. If that’s something that sounds interesting you can get more information here.
ACL Reds won 9-5. Box Score
- Ariel Almonte went 3-5 with 2 doubles, 2 runs, and an RBI.
- Miguel Hernandez (MiLB rehab) went 2-4 with a walk, home run, 2 runs, and 2 RBI.
- Leonardo Balcazar went 1-5 with a double, run, and 2 RBI.
- Carlos Jorge went 1-2 with 3 walks, a double, 3 steals (13), and a run.
- Andruw Salcedo went 1-4 with a walk and an RBI.
- Malvin Valdez went 0-2 with 2 walks, a steal, a run, and he was hit by a pitch.
- Braylin Minier went 1-3 with 2 walks, a home run (2), and 3 RBI.
- Jefferson Lopez threw 1.1 hitless innings with 2 walks.
- Ryan Olson (MiLB rehab) threw a perfect inning with a strikeout.
- Alberto Gonzalez threw a shutout inning with a walk and 2 strikeouts.
DSL Reds lost 6-0. Box Score
- Ricardo Cabrera went 1-3.
- Brayan Rijo went 1-3.
- Carlos Sanchez went 1-3.
- Javier Velasquez went 1-1.
- Luis Leones went 1-3
- Vladimir Davila allowed 2 runs in 4.1 innings with a walk and 6 strikeouts.
7/6 Game Preview
|Team||Record||Time (ET)||Probable||Box Score||Listen||Watch|