Isiah Gilliam hit one of the longest home runs of the year in the farm system in Louisville on Sunday in the Bats win, Alex McGarry hit his 23rd homer of the season, Austin Callahan picked up two more hits for Daytona as three pitchers combined for a shutout win, and Carlos Sanchez got on base twice in the Dominican Summer League All-Star game.
If you are interested in getting emailed every day during the season with additional game notes and a rundown on how the Cincinnati Reds Top 25 Prospects performed (along with other perks) you can sign up to support the site through Patreon and get all of that for a few bucks a month. If that’s something that sounds interesting you can get more information here.
The Louisville Bats won 9-5. Box Score
- Jake Fraley (rehab) went 0-4.
- Aristides Aquino went 1-4 with a home run (6) and 2 runs.
- Jose Barrero went 2-4 with a home run (7).
- Colin Moran went 1-3 with a walk and 2 runs.
- Ronnie Dawson went 2-4 with a grand slam (9) and 2 runs.
- Isiah Gilliam went 1-3 with a walk, home run (13), and 3 RBI.
- Brandon Williamson allowed a run in 3.0 innings on 2 hits, 3 walks, and he struck out 4.
- Phillip Diehl threw 1.2 shutout innings with 3 strikeouts.
- Fernando Cruz threw 1.1 perfect innings with 3 strikeouts.
The Chattanooga Lookouts lost 7-1. Box Score
- Michael Siani went 1-4.
- Alex McGarry went 2-3 with a walk, double, and a home run (23).
- James Free went 1-4.
- Jacob Hurtubise went 2-3.
- Eduardo Salazar allowed a run in 4.0 innings with a walk and 6 strikeouts.
- Stevie Branche allowed a run in 2.0 innings with a walk and 5 strikeouts.
- Pedro Garcia threw a hitless inning with 2 walks and a strikeout.
The Dayton Dragons lost 8-0. Box Score
- J.V. Martinez went 1-3 with a walk.
- Jose Torres went 1-3.
- Garrett Wolforth went 1-3.
- Ashton Creal went 1-3 with a double.
- Joe Boyle allowed a run in 2.1 hitless innings with 4 walks and 6 strikeouts.
- Manuel Cachutt threw 2.0 perfect innings with 3 strikeouts.
The Daytona Tortugas won 3-0. Box Score
- Austin Callahan went 2-4 with a run.
- Jay Allen II went 1-2 with a run.
- Hayden Jones went 1-4 with a run and an RBI.
- Michael Trautwein went 1-3.
- Chase Petty threw 4.0 shutout innings with 2 walks and 2 strikeouts.
- Dennis Boatman threw 2.1 hitless innings with a walk and 3 strikeouts.
- Owen Holt threw 2.2 shutout innings with 2 walks.
The ACL Reds had the day off
The DSL Reds had the day off
But the league did hold their All-Star game on Sunday. I’ve yet to find a roster with all of the players, which sucks because some players could have made the team for their performance and not played in the game and aren’t getting the recognition they have earned for being an All-Star. With that said, two DSL Reds players did play in the game. Carlos Sanchez went 1-1 with a walk. He started the game as the designated hitter. Ray-Jacson Chirino also made the team. He came off of the bench and played first base, going 0-3. The game ended in a tie.
7/25 Game Preview
|Team||Record||Time (ET)||Probable||Box Score||Listen||Watch|