The Arizona Complex League Reds were the only team on the field on Monday from the farm system and several of the newly acquired prospects from the trades with the New York Mets and Seattle Mariners made their organizational debuts.
If you are interested in getting emailed every day during the season with additional game notes and a rundown on how the Cincinnati Reds Top 25 Prospects performed (along with other perks) you can sign up to support the site through Patreon and get all of that for a few bucks a month. If that’s something that sounds interesting you can get more information here.
The ACL Reds lost 7-4. Box Score
- Hector Rodriguez went 1-5 with a run.
- Edwin Arroyo went 0-3 with a walk, run, 2 steals, and an RBI.
- Ariel Almonte went 1-3 with a walk, run, and an RBI.
- Leonardo Balcazar went 2-2 with a double and 2 walks.
- Andruw Salcedo went 0-2 with 2 walks.
- Andrew Moore struck out a batter and hit a batter in 0.1 innings.
- Nestor Lorant threw 2.0 shutout innings with 4 strikeouts.
Hector Rodriguez, Edwin Arroyo, and Andrew Moore all made their organizational debuts in the game after being acquired in trades over the last few days.
Leonardo Balcazar had a nice night at the plate as he got on all four times and raised his line on the season to .318/.415/.509.
Nestor Lorant now has 35 strikeouts and 13 walks in 22.0 innings this season in Arizona.
8/2 Game Preview
|Team||Record||Time (ET)||Probable||Box Score||Listen||Watch|