TJ Friedl hit two home runs as the Louisville Bats split a doubleheader, Matt McLain hit a long home run while Allan Cerda went 4-4 in a Chattanooga Lookouts win, Noelvi Marte crushed two home runs and Austin Hendrick homered while getting on base four times in a Dayton Dragons victory, and Javi Rivera continued to pitch well for Daytona as he lowered his season ERA to 2.81.
If you are interested in getting emailed every day during the season with additional game notes and a rundown on how the Cincinnati Reds Top 25 Prospects performed (along with other perks) you can sign up to support the site through Patreon and get all of that for a few bucks a month. If that’s something that sounds interesting you can get more information here.
The Louisville Bats split a doubleheader
Game 1: 4-3 loss. Box Score
- Lorenzo Cedrola went 1-4.
- TJ Friedl went 1-3 with a home run (7) and scored 2 runs.
- Colin Moran went 2-3 with a double, run, and an RBI.
- Juniel Querecuto went 2-3 with a double and an RBI.
- Miguel Hernandez went 1-2 with a walk.
- Justin Dunn allowed 3 runs in 5.0 innings with 4 walks and 3 strikeouts.
- Kyle Dowdy threw a hitless inning with a walk and 3 strikeouts.
Game 2: 9-6 win. Box Score
- Alejo Lopez went 1-3 with a double and an RBI.
- Juniel Querecuto went 1-4 with a double and a run.
- Ronnie Dawson went 2-3 with a walk and 3 runs.
- Isiah Gilliam went 2-3 with a walk, double, RBI, and 4 runs.
- Eric Yang went 3-4 with a double and 3 RBI.
- TJ Friedl went 2-3 with a walk, home run (8), and 4 RBI.
- Eddy Demurias threw 1.1 shutout innings.
- Fernando Cruz threw a perfect inning with 2 strikeouts.
The Chattanooga Lookouts won 9-3. Box Score
- Michael Siani went 1-5 with a triple and a run.
- Matt McLain went 1-5 with a home run (13) and 2 RBI.
- TJ Hopkins went 2-4 with a walk and 2 doubles.
- Nick Quintana went 2-5 with 2 doubles and 2 runs.
- Ivan Johnson went 2-4 with a walk, RBI, and 3 runs.
- Allan Cerda went 4-4 with a double, 2 runs, and 2 RBI.
- Daniel Vellojin went 2-4 with a double and 3 RBI.
- Levi Stoudt threw 5.0 shutout innings on just 2 hits and he struck out 6.
- Ryan Nutof threw 1.1 shutout innings with a walk.
- Connor Curlis threw 2.0 shutout innings with a walk and 4 strikeouts.
The Dayton Dragons won 14-5. Box Score
- Brian Rey went 4-5 with a triple and scored 4 runs.
- Tyler Callihan went 1-2 with 2 walks, an RBI, and scored 3 runs.
- Noelvi Marte went 2-5 with 2 home runs (17) and 4 RBI.
- Austin Hendrick went 2-3 with 2 walks, a home run (15), 2 runs, and 4 RBI.
- Jose Torres went 2-5 with a steal (24) and a run.
- Garrett Wolforth went 2-5 with a home run (8).
- Mike Trautwein went 1-4 with an RBI.
- Jake Gilbert threw 3.0 shutout innings with a walk and 2 strikeouts.
The Daytona Tortugas lost 5-1. Box Score
- Hayden Jones went 1-4.
- Wendell Marrero went 0-2 with 2 walks.
- Sebastian Almonte went 1-4.
- Luis Chevalier went 1-3.
- Javi Rivera allowed a run in 5.0 innings on 2 hits and a walk while striking out 6.
- Luis Mey threw 2.0 hitless innings with a walk and 3 strikeouts.
The ACL Reds had the day off
They will also have Thursday off as the game has been cancelled due to a COVID protocol issue. It’s not clear if it’s the Reds or the Cubs that has the issue as both teams played on Monday and at least as of right now both teams have games on the schedule as a go on Friday.
The DSL Reds had the day off
They’ll be off until at least August 8th. Multiple games have been outright cancelled, and several more have been postponed since they last played on July 26th. They’ve also had some scheduled off days in there, but there’s a COVID outbreak it would seem as all of the cancelled/postponed games have been marked as such on the scoreboard.
8/4 Game Preview
|Team||Record||Time (ET)||Probable||Box Score||Listen||Watch|