Spencer Steer started out his Reds career with a base hit in his first at-bat for Louisville while Colin Moran remained hot for the Bats, Elly De La Cruz had three hits for Chattanooga but left the game early in an extra-innings loss, Jose Torres hit a grand slam that capped a 7-run inning for Dayton in a win, and Edwin Arroyo did a little bit of everything in his Daytona debut while Sam Benschoter picked up nine strikeouts in 4.0 innings during the Tortugas win.
If you are interested in getting emailed every day during the season with additional game notes and a rundown on how the Cincinnati Reds Top 25 Prospects performed (along with other perks) you can sign up to support the site through Patreon and get all of that for a few bucks a month. If that’s something that sounds interesting you can get more information here.
The Louisville Bats lost 5-3. Box Score
- Lorenzo Cedrola went 1-4 with a double, steal, and a run.
- Spencer Steer went 1-3 with a steal, run, and he was hit by a pitch.
- Cristian Santana went 1-4 with a double.
- Colin Moran went 2-3 with a walk, double, run, and an RBI.
- Juniel Querecuto went 1-3 with a walk.
- Julio Pinto threw a hitless inning with a walk and 2 strikeouts.
- Ricky Karcher threw a hitless inning with a walk and 3 strikeouts.
The Chattanooga Lookouts lost 6-5 in 11. Box Score
- Matt McLain went 1-5 with a run.
- Elly De La Cruz went 3-5 with a double and a run. (see notes below)
- TJ Hopkins went 2-4 with a double, 3 RBI, and he was hit by a pitch.
- Ivan Johnson went 1-5 with a double and a run.
- James Free went 1-4 with an RBI.
- Carson Spiers allowed 3 runs in 6.0 innings with 2 walks and 4 strikeouts.
- Spencer Stockton threw 2.1 shutout innings with a walk.
Elly De La Cruz fouled a ball off of the inside of his knee in the 9th inning and went down. He stayed down for a bit before getting up and finishing the at-bat. He struck out to end the top of the inning and took the field for the bottom of the 9th. The game then went into extras and he was scheduled to be the “ghost runner” at second to begin the inning, but was pinch run for.
The Dayton Dragons won 7-3. Box Score
- Quincy McAfee went 1-4 with a run.
- Brian Rey went 1-3 with a run, RBI, and he was hit by a pitch.
- Tyler Callihan went 1-4 with a run and an RBI.
- Noelvi Marte went 1-4 with a run.
- Jose Torres went 2-4 with a grand slam (10) and a steal (25).
- Garrett Wolforth went 1-3.
- Justice Thompson went 1-4 with a double, steal (15), and a run.
- Thomas Farr allowed 1 earned run in 6.0 innings with 2 walks and 6 strikeouts.
- Jayvien Sandridge threw 2.0 shutout innings with 4 strikeouts.
- Vin Timpanelli threw a hitless inning with a walk and 3 strikeouts.
The Daytona Tortugas won 5-3. Box Score
- Edwin Arroyo went 1-3 with a double, 2 walks, a steal, 2 runs, 2 RBI.
- Jay Allen II went 1-4 with a steal (13), run and an RBI.
- Hayden Jones went 1-3 with a double, walk, and an RBI.
- Yassel Pino went 0-2 with 2 walks and a run.
- Ashton Creal went 1-3 with a steal (17) and a run.
- Sam Benschoter allowed 1 earned in 4.0 innings with a walk and 9 strikeouts.
- Shane Gustafson threw 3.2 shutout innings with 2 walks and 3 strikeouts.
The ACL Reds had the day off
The Reds games for Friday and Saturday have been cancelled due to a COVID outbreak it would appear. There’s a scheduled day off on Sunday. As of now the team’s game on Monday has not been postponed or cancelled.
The DSL Reds had the day off
They’ll be off until at least August 8th. Multiple games have been outright cancelled, and several more have been postponed since they last played on July 26th. They’ve also had some scheduled off days in there, but there’s a COVID outbreak it would seem as all of the cancelled/postponed games have been marked as such on the scoreboard.
8/5 Game Preview
|Team||Record||Time (ET)||Probable||Box Score||Listen||Watch|