Lorenzo Cedrola had four hits and Justin Nicolino struck out eight batters in a Louisville win, Chattanooga got home runs from Elly De La Cruz and Christian Encarnacion-Strand in an extra-innings win, Jose Torres and Austin Hendrick homered again in Dayton, and Edwin Arroyo got on base twice and stole his 25th base of the year in Daytona’s loss.
If you are interested in getting emailed every day during the season with additional game notes and a rundown on how the Cincinnati Reds Top 25 Prospects performed (along with other perks) you can sign up to support the site through Patreon and get all of that for a few bucks a month. If that’s something that sounds interesting you can get more information here.
The Louisville Bats won 8-3. Box Score
- Art Warren (rehab) threw a shutout inning with a hit and walk allowed while striking out a batter.
- Lorenzo Cedrola went 4-5 with 2 doubles, 2 runs, and 2 RBI.
- TJ Friedl went 2-4 with a walk, double, 2 runs, and 2 RBI.
- Spencer Steer went 2-5 with 2 RBI.
- Juniel Querecuto went 1-4 with a double.
- Michael De Leon went 2-4 with a home run (4).
- Justin Nicolino allowed 2 runs in 6.0 innings with a walk and 8 strikeouts.
- Fernando Cruz threw a hitless inning with a walk and a strikeout.
The Chattanooga Lookouts won 14-9 in 10. Box Score
- Michael Siani went 1-5 with a steal (39), walk, 2 runs, and 2 RBI.
- Elly De La Cruz went 3-5 with a walk, double, steal (34), home run (24), 3 runs, and 2 RBI
- Christian Encarnacion-Strand went 2-6 with a home run (26), 2 runs, and 3 RBI.
- TJ Hopkins went 3-6 with a double, triple, 2 runs, and an RBI.
- Nick Quintana went 2-6 with a run and an RBI.
- Allan Cerda went 1-3 with 3 walks and 2 runs.
- Ivan Johnson went 3-5 with 2 doubles, 2 runs, and 2 RBI.
- Evan Kravetz threw 3.1 shutout innings with 3 walks and 2 strikeouts.
- JC Keys threw 1.2 hitless innings with 2 walks and 2 strikeouts.
- Ryan Olson threw a perfect inning.
The Dayton Dragons lost 9-2. Box Score
- Jose Torres went 2-4 with a home run (11).
- Austin Hendrick went 1-4 with a home run (16).
- Quin Cotton went 1-4.
- Steven Leyton went 1-2 and was hit by a pitch.
- Chase Petty allowed 3 runs in 5.0 innings with a walk and 4 strikeouts.
- Jean Correa threw 2.0 hitless innings with a walk and 2 strikeouts.
The Daytona Tortugas lost 3-1. Box Score
- Edwin Arroyo went 1-3 with a walk, steal (25), and a run.
- Jay Allen II went 1-4.
- Michel Triana went 0-2 with 2 walks and a steal (10).
- Braylin Minier went 1-3.
- Jose Franco allowed a run in 4.2 innings with 4 walks and 5 strikeouts.
The ACL Reds had the day off
The Reds games for Friday and Saturday have been cancelled due to a COVID outbreak it would appear. There’s a scheduled day off on Sunday. As of now the team’s game on Monday has not been postponed or cancelled.
The DSL Reds had the day off
They’ll be off until at least August 8th. Multiple games have been outright cancelled, and several more have been postponed since they last played on July 26th. They’ve also had some scheduled off days in there, but there’s a COVID outbreak it would seem as all of the cancelled/postponed games have been marked as such on the scoreboard.
8/7 Game Preview
|Team||Record||Time (ET)||Probable||Box Score||Listen||Watch|