The DSL Reds and ACL Reds both got back on the field after some time off – the ACL team hasn’t played since August 2nd and the DSL squad hasn’t played since July 26th. Several 2022 draft picks made their professional debut’s out in Arizona while Hector Rodriguez had another big night in an ACL Reds win, and down in the Dominican the DSL Reds got back on the field for the first time in nearly two weeks and picked up a win that saw Carlos Sanchez extend hit on-base streak to start his career to 36 games.
If you are interested in getting emailed every day during the season with additional game notes and a rundown on how the Cincinnati Reds Top 25 Prospects performed (along with other perks) you can sign up to support the site through Patreon and get all of that for a few bucks a month. If that’s something that sounds interesting you can get more information here.
The ACL Reds won 7-6. Box Score
- Hector Rodriguez went 3-3 with 2 doubles, a steal, 2 runs, and a walk.
- Leonardo Balcazar went 1-3 with an RBI.
- Cam Collier went 0-3 with a walk and a run.
- Sal Stewart went 0-3 with a walk.
- Ariel Almonte went 2-3 with an RBI.
- Justin Boyd went 2-3 with a double, steal, and 2 runs.
- Trey Faltine went 1-2 with a walk and a run.
- Jose Serrano went 2-3 with a run and 3 RBI.
- Nicolo Pinazzi allowed 2 runs in 3.0 innings with 8 strikeouts.
- Parker Brahms was charged with an unearned run in 1.1 hitless innings with a walk and 2 strikeouts.
The DSL Reds won 3-1. Box Score
- Jesus Correa went 2-3 with an RBI.
- Iverson Espinoza went 1-3 with a run.
- Carlos Sanchez went 1-4 with a steal (11) and an RBI.
- Adrian Reyes went 1-2 with 2 walks, a steal, and 2 walks.
- Luis Leones went 1-3.
- Jonathan Batista allowed a run in 3.0 innings with 3 walks and 3 strikeouts.
- David Lorduy threw 2.0 shutout innings with a strikeout.
- Jesus Colina threw a perfect inning.
- Jean Diaz threw a shutout inning.
8/9 Game Preview
|Team||Record||Time (ET)||Probable||Box Score||Listen||Watch|