Rece Hinds picked up a hit and a steal on rehab out in Arizona while Cade Hunter picked up his first pro home run, and down in the Dominican Summer League we saw Carlos Sanchez’ streak come to an end while Ricardo Cabrera kept swinging a hot bat, picking up two more hits on the day.
If you are interested in getting emailed every day during the season with additional game notes and a rundown on how the Cincinnati Reds Top 25 Prospects performed (along with other perks) you can sign up to support the site through Patreon and get all of that for a few bucks a month. If that’s something that sounds interesting you can get more information here.
The ACL Reds lost 3-2. Box Score
- Rece Hinds (MiLB rehab) went 1-2 with a steal.
- Victor Acosta went 1-3 with a double.
- Cade Hunter went 2-3 with a home run (1).
- Ariel Almonte went 1-1 with a home run (4).
- Johnathan Harmon threw a shutout inning with 2 strikeouts.
- Nestor Lorant allowed 2 runs in 4.0 innings with a walk and 3 strikeouts.
- Joseph Menefee threw a perfect inning with a strikeout.
Rece Hinds and Blake Dunn began rehab assignments on Monday night. Hinds is coming back from a broken hamate bone, while Dunn is coming back from a shoulder injury (he went 0-2).
Ariel Almonte came off of the bench to replace Hinds once he got his work in for the day and cracked his 4th homer of the season. He’s now hitting .280/.375/.440 with 12 extra-base hits in 37 games played.
Cade Hunter (5th round pick) picked up his first professional home run on the night in just his 3rd game.
Johnathan Harmon (13th round) and Joseph Menefee (20th round) each made their pro debut on the night with an inning of work.
Tough way to lose for the Reds. The bottom of the 7th inning went like this: Ground out, hit batter, caught stealing, walk, pitching change, walk, walk, walk.
The DSL Reds lost 13-2. Box Score
- Luis Leones went 2-5.
- Iverson Espinoza went 1-4 with a walk and an RBI.
- Ricardo Cabrera went 2-4.
- Anthuan Valencia went 1-4.
- Adrian Reyes went 1-3 with a double and a walk.
- Henry Guerrero went 2-4 with a double and 2 runs.
- Jesus Colina allowed a run in 2.1 innings with a walk and 4 strikeouts.
Carlos Sanchez went 0-4 on the day. His spot came up with 2 outs in the top of the 9th inning, but he was pinch hit for, ending his 40-game on-base streak to start his career. I wrote about the streak on Monday afternoon after it came to an end if you would like to read more about it.
Ricardo Cabrera’s hot hitting keeps on keepin’ on. Since July 1st he’s hitting .329/.418/.506 in 24 games played.
8/16 Game Preview
|Team||Record||Time (ET)||Probable||Box Score||Listen||Watch|