Jacob Hurtubise hit his first home run, maybe ever, in Chattanooga’s final game of the season, and Connor Overton threw 5.0 quality innings in his rehab start for Louisville.
If you are interested in getting emailed every day during the season with additional game notes and a rundown on how the Cincinnati Reds Top 25 Prospects performed (along with other perks) you can sign up to support the site through Patreon and get all of that for a few bucks a month. If that’s something that sounds interesting you can get more information here.
The Louisville Bats lost 3-1. Box Score
- Connor Overton (rehab) allowed 2 runs in 5.0 innings on 4 hits, a walk, and he had 5 strikeouts.
- Daniel Duarte (rehab) allowed a solo home run in an inning of work with a strikeout.
- Cristian Santana went 1-3.
- Ronnie Dawson went 1-3.
- Pedro Payano threw a shutout inning with a walk.
- Ryan Hendrix threw a perfect inning with a strikeout.
The Bats only had two hits and one walk (Siani) on the day. Their lone run was unearned after Siani walked and stole 2nd (his 52nd steal of the year) he scored on a 2-out error.
Connor Overton’s rehab stint seems like it could be nearing an end as he threw 78 pitches and completed five innings. With the Reds needing as many innings as they can get he might be ready to re-join the team shortly.
Louisville will play on Monday, a usual day off. With every other team being completed with their season, the Bats will be the lone team playing in the minors for the Reds over the next 10 days (they are off on Sunday the 25th).
The Chattanooga Lookouts lost 11-4. Box Score
- Jacob Hurtubise went 1-4 with a walk and a home run (1).
- Matt McLain went 1-2 with 3 walks, a steal (27), and a home run (17).
- Daniel Vellojin went 1-3 with a walk, home run (10), and 2 runs.
- Manuel Cachutt threw a perfect inning with a strikeout.
- Mike Byrne threw a perfect inning with a strikeout.
In four seasons at Army, and two summers playing in the Cape Cod League, Jacob Hurtubise never homered. He entered Sunday having played in 164 professional games and never homered. Then he led off the bottom of the 1st inning with a line drive that just cleared the wall in right field.
Jacob Hurtubise never hit a home run in college. He hadn't homered in 164 games as a pro.
Today, in the final game of his second pro seasons, he led off the 1st inning with a home run. pic.twitter.com/cVhAJ7yPdB
— Doug Gray (@dougdirt24) September 18, 2022
Since returning from the injured list on July 22nd, Matt McLain walked 34 times with 47 strikeouts in 44 games. He also had 34 hits in that span, posting a .224 average.
Elly De La Cruz did not play on Sunday. Unless he gets promoted to join Triple-A Louisville for their final nine games of the season, his season will end with 28 home runs and 47 steals and his chase for a 30/50 season will fall short.
Sunday was the final game of the year for Chattanooga.
9/19 Game Preview
|Team||Record||Time (ET)||Probable||Box Score||Listen||Watch|