Michael Siani homered again for Louisville and he was joined in an offensive onslaught by teammates Isiah Gilliam, Stephen Piscotty, and Michael Papierski in a blowout win.
If you are interested in getting emailed every day during the season with additional game notes and a rundown on how the Cincinnati Reds Top 25 Prospects performed (along with other perks) you can sign up to support the site through Patreon and get all of that for a few bucks a month. If that’s something that sounds interesting you can get more information here.
The Louisville Bats won 10-5. Box Score
- Michael Siani went 3-5 with a home run (14) and 3 RBI.
- Cristian Santana went 0-2 with 2 walks.
- Juniel Querecuto went 1-4 with a run.
- Ronnie Dawson went 1-4 with a double and a run.
- Stephen Piscotty went 1-3 with a walk, home run (5), and 2 RBI.
- Isiah Gilliam went 2-4 with a home run (18) and 2 runs.
- Michael De Leon went 2-4 with a double, a run, and 2 RBI.
- Michael Papierski went 3-3 with a walk, 2 doubles, 2 runs, and 2 RBI.
- Levi Stoudt threw 4.0 shutout innings with 2 strikeouts.
- Ricky Karcher threw 1.2 hitless innings with a walk and a strikeout.
The Bats scored five runs in the 2nd inning and never looked back as they beat up on Nashville pitching.
Micahel Siani’s home run gave him 14 on the season. That’s how many he had hit in the first three seasons of his professional career (264 games). He had never hit more than six in a season before this year. He’s also set career highs in doubles with 19 (previous high was 13) and triples with 7 (previous high was 6). His 52 steals are also a career best.
Michael Papierski has only played in 13 games with the Louisville Bats, but he’s made them count as he’s now hitting .282/.391/.487 with four extra-base hits and six walks.
Ricky Karcher’s 1.2 shutout innings lowered his ERA since August 7th to 2.04. In that stretch he’s walked 9 batters and struck out 23 in 17.2 innings. It’s lowered his ERA to 3.72 with the Bats.
Since returning from the injured list Levi Stoudt has allowed four hits in 7.2 innings over three outings while picking up eight strikeouts.
Noelvi Marte went 2-5 with a 3-run home run for Team Spain in the World Baseball Classic qualifier.
Donovan Benoit threw 2.0 perfect innings with 4 strikeouts for Team Great Britain in the same game. One of those strikeouts was of Noelvi Marte.
9/21 Game Preview
|Team||Record||Time (ET)||Probable||Box Score||Listen||Watch|