Isiah Gilliam picked up two hits and a walk for Louisville on Thursday night as he kept his hot hitting going for the Bats, but the rest of the team managed two hits as well in another loss.
If you are interested in getting emailed every day during the season with additional game notes and a rundown on how the Cincinnati Reds Top 25 Prospects performed (along with other perks) you can sign up to support the site through Patreon and get all of that for a few bucks a month. If that’s something that sounds interesting you can get more information here.
The Louisville Bats lost 5-1. Box Score
- Robert Dugger (rehab) allowed 2 runs in 1.2 innings on 3 hits and 3 walks with a strikeout.
- Lorenzo Cedrola went 0-2 with 2 walks and a steal (13).
- Stephen Piscotty went 1-3 with a walk.
- Isiah Gilliam went 2-3 with a double, walk, and an RBI.
- Eric Yang went 1-4.
- Brandon Williamson allowed a run in 3.0 innings with a walk and 4 strikeouts.
- Kyle Dowdy was charged with an unearned run in an inning with 2 walks.
- Raynel Espinal allowed a run in 2.0 hitless innings with 2 walks and 3 strikeouts.
- Jared Solomon threw a hitless inning with a walk and a strikeout.
Overall it was a tough night for the Louisville pitchers when it came to throwing strikes. There were five relievers who combined for eight walks in 6.0 innings.
Isiah Gilliam picked up another extra-base hit. The switch-hitter hit .189/.318/.324 in his first 18 games for Louisville. In the 31 games since then he’s hit .287/.345/.546.
Brandon Williamson had rebounded a bit from his last start where he walked four batters in 2.0 innings and gave up two runs by limiting the walks to just one in 3.0 innings where he allowed just one run.
9/23 Game Preview
|Team||Record||Time (ET)||Probable||Box Score||Listen||Watch|