Louisville dropped the first game of their final series of the season. Levi Stoudt pitched well while he was on the mound and Stephen Piscotty had two hits, including an RBI.
If you are interested in getting emailed every day during the season with additional game notes and a rundown on how the Cincinnati Reds Top 25 Prospects performed (along with other perks) you can sign up to support the site through Patreon and get all of that for a few bucks a month. If that’s something that sounds interesting you can get more information here.
The Louisville Bats lost 4-1. Box Score
- Aramis Garcia (rehab) went 0-4.
- Lorenzo Cedrola went 1-5 with a steal (15).
- Leonardo Rivas went 0-3 with 2 walks and a steal (17).
- Juniel Querecuto went 1-4 with a run.
- Ronnie Dawson went 1-2 with a walk and a steal (11).
- Stephen Piscotty went 2-3 with an RBI.
- Michael De Leon went 1-4.
- Levi Stoudt allowed a run in 4.0 innings with 3 walks and 3 strikeouts.
- Carson Spiers threw 3.0 shutout innings with a walk and 2 strikeouts.
Levi Stoudt continued to pitch well for Louisville since returning from the injured list. He’s now allowed just one earned run in 11.2 innings in September as he’s made four starts and struck out 11 batters. Prior to hitting the injured list he had allowed six earned runs in just 7.1 innings with the Bats and struck out four in the two starts he had made.
Carson Spiers rebounded from his last outing where he allowed four runs in 3.0 innings of relief. He’s battled inconsistency in his five outings since joining Louisville at the start of the month, but now has 15 strikeouts in his 17.0 innings pitched. He’s also allowed 26 hits to go along with six walks.
Justin Dunn is expected to join the Bats in Gwinnett on Tuesday on a rehab start.
There are only two games remaining this season for the Bats.
9/27 Game Preview
|Team||Record||Time (ET)||Probable||Box Score||Listen||Watch|