There are only two teams left playing – Triple-A Louisville and Double-A Chattanooga. Jason Vosler had a huge game where he did a little bit of everything for Louisville. Mat Nelson crushed his 21st homer of the year and Tyler Callihan picked up two more hits as he stayed hot in Chattanooga.
It’s a free Patreon preview day! If you are interested in getting emailed every day during the season with additional game notes and a rundown on how the Cincinnati Reds Top 25 Prospects performed (along with other perks) you can sign up to support the site through Patreon and get all of that for a few bucks a month. If that’s something that sounds interesting you can get more information here.
The Louisville Bats lost 17-11. Box Score
- Kevin Newman (rehab) went 0-3 with a walk and a run.
- Jacob Hurtubise went 3-5 with a walk, run, and an RBI.
- Miguel Hernandez went 1-2 with a run and an RBI.
- Jason Vosler (pictured above) went 5-6 with a double, home run (19), 3 runs, and 4 RBI. He also threw a perfect inning of relief.
- Henry Ramos went 1-3 with a walk, double, and a run.
- Matt Reynolds went 3-5 with a double, run, and 4 RBI.
- Jhonny Pereda went 2-5 with an RBI.
- Jose Barrero went 1-3 with a run and was hit by two pitches.
- Alejo Lopez went 2-5 with a run.
- Silvino Bracho threw 1.1 perfect innings with 2 strikeouts.
Louisville grabbed a 4-0 lead in the top of the 1st inning. Durham then scored seven runs in the bottom of the inning. The Bats came back with two more runs in the 2nd inning…. then didn’t score again until the 8th when they were down 17-6.
Jason Vosler had a huge game, picking up five hits, a home run, driving in four runs, and he threw a perfect inning. That’s probably some sort of weird record that no one is aware of that exists. He’s been on fire in September, hitting .364/.391/.750 with nine extra-base hits in 10 games played.
Jacob Hurtubise just keeps on racking up the hits and making a mockery of the International League pitching. In 25 games with the Bats he’s hitting .418 with 18 walks and just 8 strikeouts. His on-base percentage is .562 with Louisville.
Matt Reynolds went 3-5 on September 1st. Since then he had gone 1-21 before busting out of his slump with another 3-5 night on Tuesday.
Top Pitch Velocity: Lyon Richardson – 97.9 MPH (ball)
Top Exit Velocity: Jhonny Pereda – 102.9 MPH (groundout)
Furthest Hit Baseball: Jason Vosler – 354 feet (home run)
The Chattanooga Lookouts lost 5-3. Box Score
- Tyler Callihan went 2-5 with a double and an RBI.
- Allan Cerda went 1-2 with 2 walks.
- Mat Nelson went 1-4 with a home run (21).
- Francisco Urbaez went 1-2 with 2 walks.
- Austin Callahan went 1-4 with a run.
- Jose Torres went 1-3.
- Jacob Heatherly threw 2.0 hitless innings with a walk and 2 strikeouts.
- Vin Timpanelli allowed a run in 2.0 innings with 2 strikeouts.
- Jake Gozzo threw a shutout inning with a strikeout.
The Lookouts got a handful of players added to their roster today, but only Allan Cerda was in the starting lineup – though Jacob Heatherly pitched out of the bullpen later in the game. Edwin Arroyo, Cade Hunter, Johnny Ascanio, Austin Hendrick, and Brooks Crawford also joined Chattanooga’s roster from Daytona and Dayton to start the final week of the regular season.
Mat Nelson led off the 2nd inning with a home run. His 21st of the season, and 3rd with Chattanooga, tied the game up. With 21 home runs he’s driven himself in 21 times. He’s driven in teammates 25 times (he has 46 RBI on the season).
Tyler Callihan entered September riding a 7-game hitting streak. He then went 3-19 in the first five games of the month, with all three hits coming in the same came. Since then he’s heated back up, going 7-16 with two walks. In his 17 games with the Lookouts he’s hitting .348/.442/.545.
Jacob Heatherly lowered his ERA on the season to 2.65 between three stops. He’s allowed just 24 hits and one home run in 51.0 innings. But he’s also walked 52 batters to go along with his 86 strikeouts this season.
Top 25 Prospects Rundown
9/13 Game Preview
|Team||Record||Time (ET)||Probable||Box Score||Listen||Watch|