The Louisville Bats managed just three hits in their loss. Chattanooga scored four runs but it wasn’t enough as their losing streak continued.
It’s a free Patreon preview day! If you are interested in getting emailed every day during the season with additional game notes and a rundown on how the Cincinnati Reds Top 25 Prospects performed (along with other perks) you can sign up to support the site through Patreon and get all of that for a few bucks a month. If that’s something that sounds interesting you can get more information here.
The Louisville Bats lost 4-0. Box Score
- Alejo Lopez went 1-4.
- Henry Ramos went 1-2 with a walk.
- Jacob Hurtubise went 1-3.
- Randy Wynne allowed two runs in 4.0 innings with 5 strikeouts.
- Kevin Herget threw a shutout inning with a strikeout.
- Tony Santillan threw a shutout inning with a strikeout.
The Bats managed just three hits on the day as they were shutout by Durham.
Tony Santillan has thrown a shutout inning in four straight appearances, walking just one batter and striking out six. In August he walked 12 batters in 8.1 innings.
Top Pitch Velocity: Tony Santillan – 97.5 MPH (ball)
Top Exit Velocity: Henry Ramos – 105.8 MPH (single)
Furthest Hit Baseball: Matt Reynolds – 345 feet (flyout)
The Chattanooga Lookouts lost 5-4. Box Score
- Blake Dunn went 0-3 with 2 walks.
- Francisco Urbaez went 0-2 with 3 walks.
- Mat Nelson went 2-3 with a walk and 2 runs.
- James Free went 2-4 with a triple, run, and an RBI.
- Alex McGarry went 2-4 with an RBI.
- Jose Torres went 1-3 with a run.
- Julian Aguiar allowed 2 runs in 4.0 innings with a walk and 7 strikeouts.
- Brooks Crawford threw 3.0 hitless innings with a walk and 2 strikeouts.
The loss was the 9th in a row for Chattanooga. The Lookouts are 1-10 in September. There are 4 regular season games remaining. Winning just one of them would guarantee a winning record for Chattanooga, but if they lose out they will fall below .500. They have already qualified for the playoffs and will face Tennessee in a best-of-three series that start on the 19th.
Mat Nelson kept his good start with Chattanooga going, picking up two more hits. He’s hitting .300/.432/.633 in his first nine games with the Lookouts.
Julian Aguiar rebounded after his 8-run (6 earned), 4-inning outing the last time out by allowing just two runs in 4.0 innings and picking up seven more strikeouts. He now has 138 strikeouts and 37 walks in 125.0 innings between Dayton and Chattanooga.
Brooks Crawford had a strong Double-A debut, tossing 3.0 hitless innings. He lowered his ERA on the season to 3.31 in 84.1 innings – all out of the bullpen.
Top 25 Prospects Rundown
9/14 Game Preview
|Team||Record||Time (ET)||Probable||Box Score||Listen||Watch|