Alejo Lopez had three hits – including two doubles – as he extended his hitting streak for the Louisville Bats. Edwin Arroyo made a big debut for Chattanooga, picking up three hits and driving in three runs as the Lookouts snapped their losing streak on Thursday night.
It’s a free Patreon preview day! If you are interested in getting emailed every day during the season with additional game notes and a rundown on how the Cincinnati Reds Top 25 Prospects performed (along with other perks) you can sign up to support the site through Patreon and get all of that for a few bucks a month. If that’s something that sounds interesting you can get more information here.
The Louisville Bats lost 6-3. Box Score
- Kevin Newman (rehab) went 1-4 with a walk and 2 strikeouts.
- Jacob Hurtubise went 1-3 with 2 walks and a double.
- Henry Ramos went 1-3 with a walk, double, and a run.
- Matt Reynolds went 1-4 with a run and an RBI.
- Jose Barrero went 1-3 with a walk, steal (17), run, and an RBI.
- Alejo Lopez went 3-4 with 2 doubles and an RBI.
- Brett Kennedy allowed 3 runs in 5.0 innings with 3 walks and 6 strikeouts.
- Alan Busenitz threw a hitless inning with 2 walks and 2 strikeouts.
Jacob Hurtubise just keeps on a keepin’ on. He got on base three more times and is now hitting .357 in September with the Bats while walking twice as much as he’s struck out (10 walks, 5 strikeouts in 12 games). In his 27 games with Louisville this year he’s hit .411/.557/.507.
Henry Ramos has a 5-game hitting streak and in three of those games he’s doubled. He’s walked in six straight games and walked 10 times in the last 10 games.
Alejo Lopez also has a 5-game hitting streak. He’s hitting .344 in eight games with Louisville in September.
Jose Barrero set a career high with his 17th steal – topping the 16 he had back in 2021.
Top Pitch Velocity: Ricky Karcher – 98.6 MPH (ball)
Top Exit Velocity: Jason Vosler – 103.3 MPH (groundout)
Furthest Hit Baseball: Alejo Lopez – 327 feet (double)
The Chattanooga Lookouts won 10-5. Box Score
- Edwin Arroyo went 3-4 with a triple, steal (29), run, and 3 RBI. He was also hit by a pitch.
- Alex McGarry went 2-4.
- Quincy McAfee went 1-5 with 3 runs.
- James Free went 3-4 with a walk, double, 2 runs, and an RBI.
- Francisco Urbaez went 2-5 with a double and 2 RBI.
- Tyler Callihan went 1-3 with a walk, steal (29), run, and 3 RBI.
- Allan Cerda went 1-5 with a run.
- Austin Callahan went 1-5 with a double and a run.
- Cade Hunter went 2-3 with a walk and a run.
- Spencer Stockton threw 2.0 hitless innings with a walk and a strikeout.
- Michael Byrne threw 1.1 perfect innings with 2 strikeouts.
- Jake Gozzo threw a hitless inning with a walk.
The win snapped a 9-game losing streak. It moved the Lookouts to 69-65 and guaranteed them a winning season with just three games left in the regular season. Chattanooga qualified for the playoffs as the 1st-half winner and will face Tennessee in a best-of-three series starting on Tuesday.
Blake Dunn was pinch hit for in his 2nd at-bat. Nothing seemed apparent as to an injury that took place earlier in the game. We’ll just have to wait and see.
Edwin Arroyo didn’t start in either of the first two games he was with Chattanooga, but he announced his presence with authority on Thursday night in his first game action. He tripled in his first at-bat. He then picked up two RBI singles – one in the 6th and another in the 7th.
After a little bit of a slow start in September Alex McGarry, who didn’t start the game but entered to hit for Blake Dunn, picked up two hits for the second night in a row.
James Free is 5-8 with a double, triple, walk, 2 RBI, and 3 runs in the last two nights.
Michael Byrne has allowed one run in 21.1 innings since the start of August. He’s allowed 14 hits, walked just two batters, and he’s struck out 23 batters in that span.
Rece Hinds suffered a hamstring injury, which is what landed him on the injured list.
Victor Acosta, who ended the season on the injured list, had a quad strain.
Top 25 Prospects Rundown
9/15 Game Preview
|Team||Record||Time (ET)||Probable||Box Score||Listen||Watch|