Louisville got home runs from Henry Ramos and Jose Barrero on Saturday night, while James Free, Allan Cerda, and Quincy McAfee went deep in Chattanooga.
It’s a free Patreon preview day! If you are interested in getting emailed every day during the season with additional game notes and a rundown on how the Cincinnati Reds Top 25 Prospects performed (along with other perks) you can sign up to support the site through Patreon and get all of that for a few bucks a month. If that’s something that sounds interesting you can get more information here.
The Louisville Bats lost 9-2. Box Score
- Stuart Fairchild (rehab) went 0-3 with a strikeout.
- Henry Ramos went 2-4 with a home run (13) and a steal (5).
- Matt Reynolds went 1-4.
- Jose Barrero went 1-4 with a home run (15).
- Eric Yang went 1-3 with a walk.
- Jacob Hurtubise went 1-3 with a steal (39).
- Ryan Nutof threw a shutout inning with a walk and a strikeout.
- Levi Stoudt threw a hitless inning with a walk.
Louisville was being shutout until the top of the 9th inning when they got solo home runs from Henry Ramos and Jose Barrero.
Barrero’s home run gave him 15 with the Bats. He also has 17 steals with the Bats. Those are good numbers for having played in just 73 games.
Henry Ramos extended his hitting streak to seven games. He’s hitting .327/.450/.633 in 14 September games.
Jacob Hurtubise extended his hitting streak to six games. In his 29 games with Louisville he’s hitting .405/.544/.494 with 20 walks and just 10 strikeouts.
Top Pitch Velocity: Eduardo Salazar – 96.1 MPH (foul)
Top Exit Velocity: Henry Ramos – 104.7 MPH (home run)
Furthest Hit Baseball: Jose Barrero – 402 feet (home run)
The Chattanooga Lookouts lost 8-6. Box Score
- Edwin Arroyo went 1-4 with a double and an RBI.
- Quincy McAfee went 1-5 with a home run (14).
- James Free went 1-5 with a home run (17).
- Francisco Urbaez went 1-4 with a walk and a run.
- Mat Nelson went 1-1 with a walk, was hit by 2 pitches, and he scored 2 runs.
- Allan Cerda went 1-4 with a home run (7).
- Jacob Heatherly allowed a run in 2.0 innings with a walk and 5 strikeouts.
- Jayvien Sandridge was charged with an unearned run in 2.0 innings with a walk and 3 strikeouts.
- Braxton Roxby threw a perfect inning with 2 strikeouts.
- Michael Byrne threw a perfect inning.
Edwin Arroyo has an extra-base hit in each of his first three games with the Lookouts.
Quincy McAfee extended his hit streak to 5 games. They’ve all been 1-hit games, but he’s walked three times, homered twice, and tripled during the streak.
James Free has homered in back-to-back games. He’s 9-17 with 2 doubles, 2 homers, 2 walks, and a triple in the last four games.
Allan Cerda homered for the second straight night.
Michael Byrne continued to be stingy with giving up runs. He’s given up just one of them in 22.1 innings since August began. In September he’s now thrown 7.0 innings without allowing a hit, walk, or hit batter. An error on Saturday night meant his run hasn’t been a perfect one, but he’s faced just one batter over the minimum during the month.
Top 25 Prospects Rundown
9/17 Game Preview
|Team||Record||Time (ET)||Probable||Box Score||Listen||Watch|